PDA

View Full Version : Quick guide to kaesora

Roth
03-03-2014, 11:14 PM
I'm about to bring a party to kaesora for my first time ever in the zone. Party is 33 pally 34 shammy 30 druid 34 cleric 33 bard 32 ranger. Any tips or a general idea on what to do when we get in the zone?

Lune
03-03-2014, 11:47 PM
Drop down on your first left and follow the path down to the library area. Situate your group in the hallway I've marked, and pull around the library (#5, map).

Evaluate your bard and your group as a whole and see how they handle pulls w/ multiple mobs. If you handle 3-mob pulls just fine, you might have a good shot pulling room #5. Can be a nasty pull depending on how you execute it.

If you manage to clear everything, you can move your group to the other side of library, near the spot I marked. Less annoying than sitting in a hallway.

http://i.imgur.com/Zqx840e.jpg

Swish
03-03-2014, 11:49 PM
Sounds like a happy-go-lucky group of adventurers welcome at the FV outpost.

However, be aware in Kaesora there's mobs that hurt "VenrilSathir" faction, the one that the OT outpost is attached to. If the shaman is evil and not a barb/iksar...warn him in advance or he'll have trouble banking in Kunark (which isn't a big deal, but he'll want to hunt in OT probably). Same goes for the cleric if he's a dark elf :p

Orruar
03-03-2014, 11:50 PM
Drop down on your first left and follow the path down to the library area. Situate your group in the hallway I've marked, and pull around the library (#5, map).

Evaluate your bard and your group as a whole and see how they handle pulls w/ multiple mobs. If you handle 3-mob pulls just fine, you might have a good shot pulling room #5. Can be a nasty pull depending on how you execute it.

If you manage to clear everything, you can move your group to the other side of library, near the spot I marked. Less annoying than sitting in a hallway.

http://i.imgur.com/Zqx840e.jpg

Good area to pull, but the ideal camp spot there is -100, -450 (just south of the east set of stairs). Perhaps 1 repop to deal with, and you can pull a larger number of mobs to that spot if your group really heats up. If you go north of the library, you'll have more roamer repops to handle and longer pulls on average. Library is really solid all around.

Splorf22
03-03-2014, 11:55 PM
I think Kaesora might be a bit rough for low 30s. I think most mobs will con even or so. 35-45 is the sweet spot. It's a fun zone though, and the xp mod is off the charts. Just don't expect to kill Xalgoz, there are always 3-4 people lookin for him.

baalzy
03-04-2014, 12:16 AM
If the undead around library are too challenging they can pull the spiders from up the stairs too. They're a little weaker. Definitely seem some 33ish groups handling themselves okay in there.

blondeattk
03-04-2014, 01:57 AM
`Good area to pull, but the ideal camp spot there is -100, -450 `

agreed)

yeah do the spiders till 35+. less healers and they have low hps. lib area is more fun/risky.

tbh I prefer going other way to the crossroads area.....personal taste though.

Roth
03-04-2014, 01:58 AM

However, be aware in Kaesora there's mobs that hurt "VenrilSathir" faction, the one that the OT outpost is attached to. If the shaman is evil and not a barb/iksar...warn him in advance or he'll have trouble banking in Kunark (which isn't a big deal, but he'll want to hunt in OT probably). Same goes for the cleric if he's a dark elf :p

I was the shaman (iksar). Cleric ended up bailing or something and we got another iksar shaman too, luckily everyone in party was a good race. We mostly just wandered around. Our first pull on drop in was very bad and we almost died. So we decided to pull to the ent for a bit till we got more confident and started moving around.

Basically we ended up moving through the entire dungeon. Not completely, but we went down towards library and another group was clearing there so we went back up to drop in and went opposite way. Eventually we ended up at the exit with no deaths. Our tank was drunk and I was in a yolo type of mood so it was an interesting run to say the least.

edit: btw, thank you for all the tips! I plan to take a party again tomorrow.

edit edit: As a side note I found the spiders to be incredibly difficult compared to the undead. Some spiders conned yellow or white at 34, while all undead were db. Also all undead hit our tank for basically nothing, while spiders were hitting for tons due to poison. I'm guessing this was because of our tanks high ac.

Vellaen
03-04-2014, 09:37 AM
The undead in the library would be less difficult than the spiders, some of whom are necros in addition to being poisoners. At least with the library, you only have to worry about healers (the warders), so the pally and cleric will need to be heads-up on the stuns.

You can count another vote for the camp spot at -100, -450. More room to fight, fewer roamers, and I don't believe anything spawns in the immediate area.

webrunner5
03-04-2014, 10:11 AM

What he said. I think unless you are a Iksar I would avoid Kaesora like the plague other than getting your HS key lol.

Yoite
03-04-2014, 10:15 AM
why? you'll just ruin it later in KC, you have ruined you own lands, shit might as well ruin these new ones too!

blondeattk
03-04-2014, 10:44 AM
`The undead in the library would be less difficult than the spiders,`

utter RUBBISH, I spent 10 lvls in this dungeon. the spiders in the rooms near zone in were fast and easy exp. AT 40+ I could solo there, although I foundit better to be in a grp of 2-3 (faster exp)

An iksar shm guildy of mine would solo here at 38 and was completly untwinked. THe spiders near the drop down arent that tough, unless the runelord/frenzied spawns. Problem at library is the warders can gang up on you.....not that rare to have 2-3 at once healing away.

FOr dealing with healers I found bard snare/fear was fab for stopping them.

anyway the spiders actually drop anti venom potions!

fadetree
03-04-2014, 11:07 AM
`The undead in the library would be less difficult than the spiders,`

utter RUBBISH, I spent 10 lvls in this dungeon. the spiders in the rooms near zone in were fast and easy exp. AT 40+ I could solo there, although I foundit better to be in a grp of 2-3 (faster exp)

An iksar shm guildy of mine would solo here at 38 and was completly untwinked. THe spiders near the drop down arent that tough, unless the runelord/frenzied spawns. Problem at library is the warders can gang up on you.....not that rare to have 2-3 at once healing away.

FOr dealing with healers I found bard snare/fear was fab for stopping them.

anyway the spiders actually drop anti venom potions!

I think if you take a 40 in there now, you'll find it much harder than it was. The spiders are MUCH tougher than they were a couple months ago. I can still solo at 40 shaman but it's not anywhere near as good as it was.

Porcoa
03-05-2014, 04:04 PM
I can vouch for the spiders being way more difficult than the undead. I've been in Kaesora the past couple of nights soloing. The spiders are a bitch. I've died to them twice and had a couple of close calls soloing them. Their DOTs will eat down my low ENC HP very fast. If a charm breaks while fighting and I get a couple of DOTs on me, theres almost no hope for survival. The undead are 3x easier the the spiders. Just have to keep the healers Stunned/Mezzed.