PDA

View Full Version : /who lfg and /who all lfg

Laugher
03-04-2014, 06:57 PM
After seeing somebody once again report that /who all lfg is not working I began to wonder if that was a bug myself?

Posted here to ask the masses again because I can't remember what the outcome was last time I inquired

I can't count how many times I have seen this in the bugs forum since I first experienced this issue I believe sometime last fall, but this is the second time I've asked about it here and also the second time I can say with certainty seen it come up in the bugs forum, is this a bug or a fix? Thanks in advance :cool:

to clarify once more: the issue is not the LFG window, it is /who lfg and /who all lfg.. of which last I checked /who lfg for within the zone you're in worked fine.

ansar
03-04-2014, 07:03 PM
I couldn't get it filter correctly Sunday night. /who lfg and /who all lfg was not working correctly.

Laugher
03-04-2014, 07:05 PM
same here- looking at patch notes it appears that according to alla /who all lfg existed in Kunark era:

------------------------------
August 30, 2000 8:00 am
------------------------------

*Today's Patch*

Today we modified the EverQuest client to implement the following
changes:

- Corrected a bug that would cause players to crash if they entered the
game, exited to the server selection screen, and tried to reenter the
game.
- Corrected a bug that caused delays when switching between UI modes
due to the text wrapping change implemented last week.
- The /book command (/book #) now accepts pages 1 through 50, and will
switch to the proper page.
- Opening your spellbook will automatically cause you to begin
meditating providing that you have the skill.
- Removed the /meditate command since it is no longer necessary.
- You can now activate a hotkey while the spellbook is open by pressing
the corresponding number-key.
- The "/target [name]" command can be used to target other players by
name. Please note that this ability is subject to the range to the
target.
- EverQuest will now write the original default colors when creating
the EQCLIENT.INI file, rather than the new colors that were put in a
few weeks ago.
- The @-character can be used in emotes to indicate a target. For
instance, if you target "a gnoll" and type "/emote laughs cruelly at
@", the output will be, "Playername laughs cruelly at a gnoll".
- People with the /LFG (Looking for Group) flag set will now have their
over-head name prefixed with an asterisk. Remember that you can search
for people looking for a group by using the "/who" and "/who all"
commands. Typing "/who all ranger 40 50 lfg" will return a list of all
rangers between 40 and 50 that are looking for a group.
- The "Sense" series (Undead, Animal, and Summoned) will no longer
point you towards people's pets.

*Note on Voice Recognition*

Last week we implemented voice recognition technology in EverQuest. To
use this new feature, please refer to the EQROKManualSupplement.doc
file in your EverQuest directory. Please note that you must already
have a voice recognition engine that is compliant with the Microsoft
Speech API (SAPI), version 4.0. The voice recognition technology was
tested with Dragon NaturallySpeaking(r) v4.0. Check with the developer
of your software to find out if it is SAPI 4.0 compliant.

- The EverQuest Team

Swish
03-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Worth submitting that to the bugs forum with a link to the original post. Would love to see that fixed as its hard getting groups together without going through classes individually :p

Or is it a patch further ahead anyway?

Wildino
03-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Fake. Nobody look at LFG rangers to fit their group.

skipdog
03-04-2014, 07:50 PM
It used to work. It doesn't work anymore. Rogean recently said it is impossible to fix.

Laugher
03-04-2014, 07:56 PM
ah I musta missed that, went through a few pages of resolved bugs that were ~sept-october of last year to see if the one I was looking at ever got answered but couldn't find it hehe.

Bolix
03-04-2014, 09:02 PM
That's a relief, i was thinking it wasn't working 'cause I couldn't spell "LFG"!

Rhambuk
03-04-2014, 09:09 PM
It used to work. It doesn't work anymore. Rogean recently said it is impossible to fix.

how was it once working but now is impossible to fix?

im just a little confused

element08
03-04-2014, 10:34 PM
move all further down, /who ranger all lfg works

edit: with level range: /who ranger all 10 20 lfg

Cecily
03-04-2014, 10:56 PM
Does that work? Yay thanks.

Swish
03-04-2014, 11:02 PM
+1 for the Leon gif ^^ :)

Quineloe
03-05-2014, 01:42 PM
Does that work? Yay thanks.

it doesn't. As soon as "all" is part of your command, it goes south.

Fett
03-05-2014, 01:54 PM
it doesn't. As soon as "all" is part of your command, it goes south.

Unless this is a new bug as of the past two days, I was able to search "/ lfg all cleric 10 20" and it worked a couple days ago.

I have not tried straight "/ lfg all" however

myriverse
03-05-2014, 02:01 PM
I think it also depends on the time and/or zone you are in.

Quineloe
03-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Unless this is a new bug as of the past two days, I was able to search "/ lfg all cleric 10 20" and it worked a couple days ago.

I have not tried straight "/ lfg all" however

that exact line returns me 4 non-lfg clerics right now.

Fett
03-05-2014, 03:09 PM
that exact line returns me 4 non-lfg clerics right now.

I will try again when I get on tonight, and report back.

skipdog
03-05-2014, 03:32 PM
I will try again when I get on tonight, and report back.

Not sure why you are trying to prove that this isn't broken. It certainly is and has been for quite awhile. You aren't helping anybody.

myriverse
03-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Seems to be working for me, right this moment, from Warsliks.

Fett
03-05-2014, 03:44 PM
Not sure why you are trying to prove that this isn't broken. It certainly is and has been for quite awhile. You aren't helping anybody.

Are you for serious? That syntax worked....for me....3 days ago. I don't know how more clear I can be than that. I'm not trying prove anything. I'm simply telling you what I experienced in game. I'm trying to be helpful, and I'm sorry if that somehow offends you.

Unless the bug has occurred in the past two days, or it it is an inconsistent problem I can't explain why it worked for me, and not for you. Other people in this thread are reporting it working for them as well.

Rhambuk
03-05-2014, 03:57 PM
+1 for the Leon gif ^^ :)

one of the best movies ever!

Are you for serious? That syntax worked....for me....3 days ago.

It seems to be random for me, i've had it work and then not work in the same day trying all sorts of

/who all lfg
/who lfg all
/who class lfg all
/who all class lfg
etc
etc

sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt the input command doesn't seem to make a lot of difference.

skipdog
03-05-2014, 04:37 PM
Are you for serious? That syntax worked....for me....3 days ago. I don't know how more clear I can be than that. I'm not trying prove anything. I'm simply telling you what I experienced in game. I'm trying to be helpful, and I'm sorry if that somehow offends you.

Unless the bug has occurred in the past two days, or it it is an inconsistent problem I can't explain why it worked for me, and not for you. Other people in this thread are reporting it working for them as well.

Maybe I should have been more clear. We all know that it sometimes works for some people. This is something like the 5th thread on this issue and they are all the same.You just seemed like you a person who doesn't care about this 'problem' personally and are coming in here to point out that we are wrong and that /lfg all works just fine. That's certainly not the case. I didn't mean to be hostile. It's just that, again, this is like the 5th thread on this issue and you pointing out that it worked one time, just doesn't help any of us.

Fett
03-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Maybe I should have been more clear. We all know that it sometimes works for some people. This is something like the 5th thread on this issue and they are all the same.You just seemed like you a person who doesn't care about this 'problem' personally and are coming in here to point out that we are wrong and that /lfg all works just fine. That's certainly not the case. I didn't mean to be hostile. It's just that, again, this is like the 5th thread on this issue and you pointing out that it worked one time, just doesn't help any of us.

I'm new, and started playing a couple weeks ago. I didn't realize this has been posted about before.

Guybrush
03-06-2014, 12:21 AM
I think it works most of the time if you do it from a zone with very few people. I've never got it to work in EC but it has worked every time when I zoned over to the desert.
Same with Overthere / Warsilks, Mistmoore / Lesser Fay and Greater Fay / Butcherblock