PDA

View Full Version : Stop soloing! Get grouping!

Tunguska
03-06-2014, 10:57 AM
I have pretty much burned out on soloing....as a necro, that's pretty bad. The prime spots are perma-camped during my play time and I typically end up spending more time looking for a decent place to solo than I do actually killing stuff.

Last night, I'm sitting in EJ just killing a couple random blues when the druid Stonegrinder sends me a /tell about duoing. We head to FM and pick up a chanter, Cerae, along the way. We had a great time pulling giants out of the fort, fear-kiting all over the place, getting adds, and generally running around OOM on the edge of survival. At one point we must have had 5 mobs feared, being kited or otherwise engaged by pets....fantastic chaotic fun!

I don't even know what exp I was getting...and frankly, I didn't care. At the end I looked and got maybe 2 yellows? I'm now perma-LFG.

So, stop soloing! Get grouping!

P.S. Cerae and Stonegrinder were great groupmates - look them up, play with them!

Swish
03-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Yeah its more fun to group, and necros aren't bad in a group at all (especially if they can charm an undead pet).

Not sure how viable it is but I'm itching to get my necro into a Sebilis crypt group just to see how stable the potential pets are :)

Whirled
03-06-2014, 11:17 AM
30 warrior here if you ever want to group. I sometimes wear LFG as a surname for hours -- sometimes I get great group right away. Have helped people lower lvl & higher lvl -- as long as we all having fun playing.

Ofaelol
03-06-2014, 12:34 PM
As a 9 bard, I can definitely agree that grouping is more fun regardless of the exp gained. Even when soloing is noticeably faster, grouping is more rewarding and social. The shared experience makes not fun stuff bearable. If while soloing I overpulled or got an untimely pather, I would probably rage log. In a group its not big deal and part of the fun.

Daldaen
03-06-2014, 12:53 PM
Seeking 5 enchanters/Necromancers 30-40 to group with my 36 cleric. Apply within. LGuk will be our play pen. Level 60s will kindly move aside from our glorious group so we may camp AM and Frenzied.

Skittlez
03-06-2014, 02:05 PM
I have pretty much burned out on soloing....as a necro, that's pretty bad. The prime spots are perma-camped during my play time and I typically end up spending more time looking for a decent place to solo than I do actually killing stuff.

Last night, I'm sitting in EJ just killing a couple random blues when the druid Stonegrinder sends me a /tell about duoing. We head to FM and pick up a chanter, Cerae, along the way. We had a great time pulling giants out of the fort, fear-kiting all over the place, getting adds, and generally running around OOM on the edge of survival. At one point we must have had 5 mobs feared, being kited or otherwise engaged by pets....fantastic chaotic fun!

I don't even know what exp I was getting...and frankly, I didn't care. At the end I looked and got maybe 2 yellows? I'm now perma-LFG.

So, stop soloing! Get grouping!

P.S. Cerae and Stonegrinder were great groupmates - look them up, play with them!

29 Monk and 41 Warrior LFG, monks got my fungi atm so your cleric and my monk could fuck some shit up.

Trap Runner
03-08-2014, 06:15 PM
Had an awesome time Tunguska, look forward to seeing ya around soon! That was some good EQin

the druid Stonegrinder