PDA

View Full Version : @ the DEV's

Skittlez
03-06-2014, 02:20 PM
Will Project1999 ever see a second blue server? I know this has been a topic in previous months. I feel like the p99 community would LOVE a new server to start on. A lot of us missed out on drops like the guise and what not. Would be awesome to have a shot at that again someday.

skipdog
03-06-2014, 02:36 PM
Good lord, do we need this kind of thread every single day?

OP, with as much as you are on the forums, how could you have not missed the crazy amount of threads made asking for a new blue server?

myriverse
03-06-2014, 02:43 PM
Pretty sure Rogean already said not for the foreseeable future.

nilzark
03-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Ok, so let's assume this happens. How many times will this happen? Will we all be re-rolling on a new blue server when we are 100 years old? Holy shit this game is immortal!

baalzy
03-06-2014, 02:51 PM
When ya think about it. Any time you play through an old RPG, you're doing the same thing. EQ has that much replayability.

myriverse
03-06-2014, 02:54 PM
Ok, so let's assume this happens. How many times will this happen? Will we all be re-rolling on a new blue server when we are 100 years old? Holy shit this game is immortal!
The only way I even want to reach 100 years old is if I can play some form of pre-PoP EQ with a good population.

Otherwise, Kevorkian.

Stonecrush
03-06-2014, 02:56 PM
Wouldn't there be concern of server population? Higher numbers in a game means more likeliness of using more zones and forcing more fun in new adventures.

nilzark
03-06-2014, 03:00 PM
The only way I even want to reach 100 years old is if I can play some form of pre-PoP EQ with a good population.

Otherwise, Kevorkian.

Proof, we will all meet again in the Old Folk's Home's internet café.

Swish
03-06-2014, 03:05 PM
3 months into a new server, someone will ask for a new server because the missed the "race" or first item x.

baalzy
03-06-2014, 03:13 PM
I imagine ~3 years from now once everything post-velious has been completed (planes revamp, chardok 2.0, stonebrunt ect..) a new server will be started using all the lessons learned over the years.

People won't have 24dmg a tick lvl 9 (or was it 14?) shaman DoTs to lvl up with ridiculously fast. Whirl til you hurl won't be perma-stun for something like 2 years making enc soloing absolutely trivial. Mage/Necro pets will actually hold aggro BUT they won't auto-dual wield until pretty late Kunark. No one will level up in Skyfire AOE parties because Wurms will be stun-immune. Charms won't be basically guaranteed full-duration. Feign Death won't be instant-memwipe regardless of level for nearly as long. Monks won't be able to zone to refresh mend & therefore solo ridiculously fast by hugging zonelines. Numerous item/gil exploits won't exist. Patchs/changes will happen approximately ontime, ect.. ect...

Pretty sure Nilbog has something to the same effect already. Custom post-Velious content will start to emerge on the current server(s).

nilzark
03-06-2014, 03:14 PM
3 months into a new server, someone will ask for a new server because the missed the "race" or first item x.

^ yep. Would support P99 original content server. NOT original game mechanics (aka Shards of Dalaya)

Skittlez
03-06-2014, 04:19 PM
Good lord, do we need this kind of thread every single day?

OP, with as much as you are on the forums, how could you have not missed the crazy amount of threads made asking for a new blue server?

Got throw things back in the mix, ya know? I am pretty bored tbh, just trying to have something to talk about.

drktmplr12
03-06-2014, 04:27 PM
I think they're afraid of a second server actually having a "classic" community and not one full of douchebags that couldn't stay up late enough as high school students to get all dem pixels.

lol'd because its true.

myriverse
03-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Meet the New Server; Same as the Old Server.

That's what it would end up being. Why anyone thinks there would miraculously be a new and different population is beyond me. It would be the same people going after the same 14-year-old pixels.

loramin
03-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Sure would be quite the egg on face to open a second blue server and be left with only the asshat raiders on the first one, wouldn't it?

If there was a way to separate all the asshats on to a single server, Rogean might actually start that server. But the thing is, if they did start a new server, almost everyone (asshats included) would play on it, and then either:

A) everyone would go back to the original server after a few months, and the new server would die
B) everyone would stay on the new server, and the old one would die
C) some perfect equilibrium between the two servers would be reached, and enough new players would join to keep both viable

If there was some way to ensure that C would happen, a new server might be a possibility, but what would actually happen is A or B, and then all of the GMs' efforts would just be a waste of time.

Kinda like these endless thread about a new server ...