PDA

View Full Version : race for sk

SamIamLegend
03-06-2014, 08:09 PM
about to make an SK. I don't want to be a troll or ogre - cant stand being that large. Iksar or Human???

Gaffin 7.0
03-06-2014, 08:15 PM
if your gonna take the penalty mine as well make it worth it, go iksar if not troll

loramin
03-06-2014, 08:17 PM
I think it basically boils down to "regen vs. faster experience". In other words, if you want to get to 60 ASAP, pick human vs. if you want to be able to regen once you get there pick Iksar. There are other minor details (eg. iksars get a minor AC bonus) but I think that's the main concern.

I've never played an SK personally though (I'm a shaman, and we have similar race choices), so take that with the requisite grains of salt.

Swish
03-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Iksar SKs get their own racial epic (http://wiki.project1999.com/Greenmist) in Velious ;)

SamIamLegend
03-06-2014, 08:47 PM
innoruk or bertox?

Ajkuhuun
03-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Yes Iksar = Greenmist = awesomesauce

Laugher
03-06-2014, 09:07 PM
Do ikkys get plate in Velious or was that Luclin/Planes?

Ajkuhuun
03-06-2014, 09:11 PM
Velious I believe.

Yinikren
03-06-2014, 09:36 PM
You best quest a greenmist fast and early as an iksar, cause you will hate yourself if you have to stare at that 2HS animation for 60 levels.

Asap
03-06-2014, 10:34 PM
dark elf master race for SK

http://mentalized.net/journal/2003/08/26/velious_custom_helmets/images/darkelf_male.jpg

sedrie.bellamie
03-06-2014, 10:35 PM
the sword of rile (http://wiki.project1999.com/Sword_of_Rile) on my iskar SK makes up for the bad animation

Asap
03-06-2014, 10:37 PM
the sword of rile (http://wiki.project1999.com/Sword_of_Rile) on my iskar SK makes up for the bad animation

No, no it doesn't.

Ahldagor
03-06-2014, 11:03 PM
iksar for all possible classes. why isn't this mandatory

Asap
03-06-2014, 11:11 PM

because style > all

Ahldagor
03-06-2014, 11:17 PM
because style > all

blasphemy

Silent
03-07-2014, 02:03 AM
Despite not wanting ogre(the best), Iksar is really nice even though you currently cant wear most plate armor in kunark but come velious you should. Dark elf is kinda meh imo, you would look pretty cool I guess. Even on the blue server though I would assume no frontal stun would be HUGE in PVE just as it is pvp...I guess decide between human(bad vision til deadeye) and Dark elf(ultravision, lack of str/sta decent int) - Iksars would have a very high regen rate, on top of their massive AC boost they get vs other races would be a well worth choice too but hard to level. And yes, if you can somehow get a VP key for sword of rile to pick one up, They are pretty much THE best 2h your gonna find aside from 1h/shield and epic atm. Sword of rile on my 30 SK kicks ass atm and it doesn't even proc til lvl 40 unlike rest of VP weapons proccing at 50.

HeallunRumblebelly
03-07-2014, 02:13 AM
Iksar or Ogre. Ogre honestly hands down best but I think you had some misgiving against ogres :P

myriverse
03-07-2014, 08:29 AM
I truly think Iksar should be rangers and maybe druids.

But then there would be no reason for softskins to even exist.

Clark
03-07-2014, 08:48 AM
Iksar or Ogre. Ogre honestly hands down best but I think you had some misgiving against ogres :P

Dragr
03-07-2014, 04:41 PM
I truly think Iksar should be rangers and maybe druids.

But then there would be no reason for softskins to even exist.

Why no Rogues? Would love to play one.

Lyrith
03-07-2014, 04:46 PM

Ogre is hands down the best. I hate the way they look, but re-rolling a 37 warrior just to make him the proper Warrior Race.

Swish
03-07-2014, 04:47 PM

Luckily there's an iksar mask for rogues/bards ;)

...its some compensation at least :p

lecompte
03-07-2014, 04:48 PM
Ikky

coki
03-07-2014, 11:22 PM
Chose OGRE so I wouldn't be stunned when facing mobs

myriverse
03-08-2014, 08:45 AM
Sure. Rogues too. I've certainly been backstabbed enough by outcast Iksar.

Hollywood
03-09-2014, 08:42 AM
Chose OGRE so I wouldn't be stunned when facing mobs

I used to be a really big proponent of this. However after enough Ogre melee characters, it's not as awesome as it sounds. Other than possibly not being able to pop a discipline, feign death or being able to taunt/peel a mob in groups, you shouldn't be in a position where one or two stuns is going to be the end of the fight - at that point it's probably too late.

Now, if Ogre was stun immunity all around, including from behind, then I would be impressed.

HeallunRumblebelly
03-09-2014, 08:52 AM
I used to be a really big proponent of this. However after enough Ogre melee characters, it's not as awesome as it sounds. Other than possibly not being able to pop a discipline, or being able to taunt/peel a mob in groups, you shouldn't be in a position where one or two stuns is going to be the end of the fight - at that point it's probably too late.

Now, if Ogre was stun immunity all around, including from behind, then I would be impressed.

It's insanely useful for shaman. Less so for SK, still nice, though. Being able to clutch channel that FD / death peace is huge.

Hollywood
03-09-2014, 08:54 AM
It's insanely useful for shaman. Less so for SK, still nice, though. Being able to clutch channel that FD / death peace is huge.

Absolutely helpful for Shaman!
I did say melee characters ;) and will concede that FD is another consideration.

Danth
03-09-2014, 09:13 AM
Feign might be a consideration, but it isn't a huge one. On my own Shadow Knight (a Human) I can think of possibly a single case where being an Ogre might have saved me from a death--and even that single case is by no means certain. In practical terms, you don't need bash resistance if only 1 or 2 things is hitting you, and most feign failures with 3 or more things hitting you will be due to feigning when something is mid-swing, which affects Ogres the same as anyone else.

With the above in mind, for a Shadow Knight I consider Troll/Iksar regeneration the stronger racial attribute. Going back to the original post (Human vs Iksar), the choice therefore becomes a choice between a fine racial attribute versus moderately faster leveling and better general convenience. The Iksar is better in the long run if time is no concern.

Danth

HeallunRumblebelly
03-09-2014, 09:28 AM
Feign might be a consideration, but it isn't a huge one. On my own Shadow Knight (a Human) I can think of possibly a single case where being an Ogre might have saved me from a death--and even that single case is by no means certain. In practical terms, you don't need bash resistance if only 1 or 2 things is hitting you, and most feign failures with 3 or more things hitting you will be due to feigning when something is mid-swing, which affects Ogres the same as anyone else.

With the above in mind, for a Shadow Knight I consider Troll/Iksar regeneration the stronger racial attribute. Going back to the original post (Human vs Iksar), the choice therefore becomes a choice between a fine racial attribute versus moderately faster leveling and better general convenience. The Iksar is better in the long run if time is no concern.

Danth

Dunno man :p You lose that one hosh because of an interrupted feign, you never live it down! Stats become wholly irrelevant in veli though, anyone can hit 255 sta without trying too hard, AC / stun immunity become of most tangible benefit. Some people also like pretty chars :p

Hollywood
03-09-2014, 09:33 AM

Danth

If Iksar lands were more populated, I would definitely choose the Iksar even with the AC penalty (per se).

However Kunark still 'scares' people.
We host full dedicated xp sessions with teleport access and often a res bot nearby. And yet people still give me responses such as :

That's too far away
I don't know that zone
Kunark, no thanks
Why don't you come to Mistmoore instead?
Is that the lizard place?

You'd think this was 2000, people relied on the boat primarily and no one had any twinks.

webrunner5
03-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Iksar, Troll regen high end is like having a free Fungi without the negative stats it brings. I have found the higher I am the less stuns I get anyways. Not sure about Velious mobs though? Ogre is way over rated to me other than their starting stats.

Plus their size in Dungeons is just a pain in the butt. Shrink pots at 250 a stack are not my cup of tea. Not counting their women are butt ugly. :p

Skittlez
03-09-2014, 04:20 PM
If Iksar lands were more populated, I would definitely choose the Iksar even with the AC penalty (per se).

However Kunark still 'scares' people.
We host full dedicated xp sessions with teleport access and often a res bot nearby. And yet people still give me responses such as :

That's too far away
I don't know that zone
Kunark, no thanks
Why don't you come to Mistmoore instead?
Is that the lizard place?

You'd think this was 2000, people relied on the boat primarily and no one had any twinks.

Huh, I always seem to find people in Kunark. I guess it really depends on what your level is, maybe?