PDA

View Full Version : 51+ Buffs on < 46 Players

Dreadder
08-11-2010, 05:04 AM
Is that built into the client?

I wanted to search for this first but frankly I couldn't think how to word it. Sometime during Luclin, or maybe even POP, the buff system was changed on Live. It was made that buffs greater than the level 49 ones would not land on players lower than level 46. Meaning level 60 Druid or Cleric or whatever couldn't cast their best buffs on level 10s and 20s etc. Only the Druids/Clerics level 49 or lower ones would work.

When Kunark does come around will this be possible to revert to the original system where there are no level requirements or is it built into the Titanium client and thus unchangeable?

Omnimorph
08-11-2010, 05:35 AM
I think it was a requirement put on the spells themselves. Even for a while there was a way to get around this with the likes of KEI involving targeting yourself with the <46 players in group.

But no, i don't think it's built into the client.

Striiker
08-11-2010, 11:16 AM
I am pretty sure this was coded into the spells themselves. You could be a higher level caster and still buff lower level people, just not with spells which had these limitations.

guineapig
08-11-2010, 11:17 AM
This server will never see those buff restrictions.
The nerf happened well after PoP was released.

Enderenter
08-11-2010, 11:24 AM
This server will never see those buff restrictions.
The nerf happened well after PoP was released.

I think that was his point, he was wondering if those restrictions were built into the client because if that were the case (seems like it isn't) that might mean that there would be no way around the buff restrictions on this server.

Itchybottom
08-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Server side. Not client.

guineapig
08-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Were there any pre-Velious spells that were even effected by this nerf? I can't think of any.

Enderenter
08-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Were there any pre-Velious spells that were even effected by this nerf? I can't think of any.

I remember all 51+ damage shields and regen spells falling under this nerf. It was basically a power leveling nerf iirc.

mmiles8
08-11-2010, 06:41 PM
The level requirements were definitely in place prior to Luclin. But I have tried since the forums went down to find a date, or even a clear reference to the buff level limitations. You could get around them if the buff had a group version, until Luclin, KEI on level 1s saw that change go into place fairly quickly.

A friend of mine played a druid that raided with a high end guild and was one of the few to have POTG and ROTG in Kunark. He was powerlevelling a monk alt on a second account, and I was on an enchanter to help him make sure everything got damaged before the DS made the corpse & XP poof. He used SLN on his monk for the additional HP regen since Natureskin wouldn't cast on low levels, then grouped all 3 for ROTG, then disbanded the monk, and group buffed POTG self-targetted with my enc in the party for the mana regen.

If it wasn't for the nuances of SLN, natureskin and POTG, and the huge production that became of refreshing buffs, I wouldn't remember it so clearly, but NS giving HP regen and having no groupv2 equivalent was a significant factor in the buff choices for the PLing.

As much as I hate using anecdotal evidence, this is all I've got. Maybe someone else can use some smarter search terms than I tried. I even manually dug through every 51+ buff in every resource I have knowledge of. Most have pages that don't load or no comments at all.