PDA

View Full Version : Where/when are we?

Braveguard
08-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Trying to figure out what stage in development the server is. So far... I know some of it is based on the client. I know that it's a relatively later stage in "classic" EQ.

I could only test a few things because my memory of that far back is kind of vague (old man syndrome). I tested using some bugs that I knew of, sorry devs... it was the best way I knew how, and that's how I found it was later.

I'd like a better picture though. For instance, sometime in live they implemented a lot of changes to several areas all at once. Off the top of my head, I think it was when they did the nerf to DoTs where if you aren't in melee, you do less damage (is that true on this server?). If it's after that point, it tells me a lot.

Anyone know?

Estu
08-11-2010, 09:06 AM
The progression isn't being done this exactly. It's not a perfect thing: the code the devs are working with has a lot of flaws and they are trying to fix bugs and revert changes that came really late (e.g. the new skeleton/wolf models, the shared bank, etc.) as well as get big things working like Plane of Sky and Kunark. They're not saying "OK we are in exactly month 8 of Classic, pre-Kunark, so THESE mechanics must be exactly like THIS, while THESE mechanics must be exactly like THIS"; there are way too few devs and the code is way too imperfect for that kind of specificity to be possible.

Braveguard
08-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Maybe that's best. I get to discover things all over again.

mmiles8
08-11-2010, 12:24 PM
The progression isn't being done this exactly. It's not a perfect thing: the code the devs are working with has a lot of flaws and they are trying to fix bugs and revert changes that came really late (e.g. the new skeleton/wolf models, the shared bank, etc.) as well as get big things working like Plane of Sky and Kunark. They're not saying "OK we are in exactly month 8 of Classic, pre-Kunark, so THESE mechanics must be exactly like THIS, while THESE mechanics must be exactly like THIS"; there are way too few devs and the code is way too imperfect for that kind of specificity to be possible.

Favorited.

fwaits
08-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Sol Ro Temple is in, Sky is not yet. Kithicor is in it's undead at night form. Most nerfed items/drops from Classic have already happened. (Manastone, Rubicite gone, DE Mask changed to new ROG/BRD only form, etc.) It's a pretty close representation of the original game, but of course working with a newer client and en Emu server means there will be some slight differences, but most are not dramatic and won't change your fun in reliving the experience.