PDA

View Full Version : Barren zones

valthalion
08-11-2010, 05:01 PM
I imagine this has been answered previously, but I can not find it. I have run through West Karana and North Karana and see virtually no wandering mobs. The set spawns of raiders and etc all seem to be there, but i see very few other monsters. A friend ran through Rathe Mtns today and saw not one Hill Giant. Anyone help me understand whats going on?

thanks, jeff

Messianic
08-11-2010, 05:02 PM
I kill quite a few mobs in the Karanas...they seem quite normal to me =)

Anaiyah
08-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Same here, WK never had high density roaming mobs, when I run through I see plenty though. Rathe likewise has plenty of HGs, but you dont see them 'just running through' the zone usually.

Zorpa
08-11-2010, 05:04 PM
I can assure there are indeed many Hill Giants in Rathe Mountains. Your friend must not have been looking in the correct area.

Aarone
08-11-2010, 05:06 PM
They are all there, you just have to know where to look.

valthalion
08-11-2010, 05:11 PM
OK...he may well have not been in the right place in the Rathe Mtns....but in the WK, I hunted in 1999 (the year, not project) around Tower 1 and now i can run around for 10 minutes and rarely see one thing (well maybe a few green beetles) to hunt. And i swear lions were far more densely populated as they used to wander by and gang up on me. One thing NOT different in WK is the lethality of those damn bandits....

Braveguard
08-12-2010, 08:03 AM
OK...he may well have not been in the right place in the Rathe Mtns....but in the WK, I hunted in 1999 (the year, not project) around Tower 1 and now i can run around for 10 minutes and rarely see one thing (well maybe a few green beetles) to hunt. And i swear lions were far more densely populated as they used to wander by and gang up on me. One thing NOT different in WK is the lethality of those damn bandits....

I think you're right. I was with live from the beginning and WK was one of my favorite "second step" zones because it had plenty of mobs, a place to sell and safe points (guard towers). I used to hunt bears there for the skins and I would get dozens per hour. I just got to level 6 last night with my druid and decided to go there. I walked all the way to the far tower and around it looking for mobs and then back to QH. I saw one lion the entire time. The place should be crawling with bears, beetles, lions and spiders. Nothing.

Maybe spawn rate is based on server population... or maybe it's tuned down for performance. Dunno. I am positive that the wandering spawns are not nearly as proliferate as live was in the day.

Rael
08-12-2010, 08:06 AM
There are loads of HGs in RM, they just get quad-kited within 30 seconds of spawning so don't have a very long lifespan.