PDA

View Full Version : define "boxing" for me...

Yukona
08-11-2010, 06:42 PM
hello... Icurrently have only one account but it is possible we might get a second for my wife. I don't want to run afoul of the rules, so a little clarification, please...

would any or all of the following be boxing and therefore a bannable offense?

logging in second account druid for a port,
for buffs, or just to hold extra items, or to even xfer items safely between chars on first account?

thanks for your replys...

fwaits
08-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Boxing = 1 human being playing multiple characters simultaneously, whether it's multiple clients open on a single PC, or multiple PCs each running a client/character.

Technically yes, those would be boxing if done by 1 person. (Though I can't say for sure if those are bannable offenses here. You aren't killing mobs and such with both, which is the biggest reason for it being illegal, but in the most black and white sense, they are still boxing.)

Waldo73
08-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Basically each character being played needs to have its own active player behind the keyboard. On top of that you will need the IP exemption of course.

So I'd say that logging on the second character for buffs and ports would technically be considered boxing--if the second player is not present. I have an exemption and avoid those actions myself.

Shannacore
08-11-2010, 06:55 PM
So I'd say that logging on the second character for buffs and ports would technically be considered boxing--if the second player is not present. I have an exemption and avoid those actions myself.

Agreeeeed

BlazeKING
08-11-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm pretty sure the GMs can look into logs and see if you are just using it for item tf'ers or buffs and then logging off. So if you are doing this or going to do this, it's only a matter of time before you are reported and they check the logs and the ban stick comes.

Yukona
08-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the replays... I pretty much thought as much, just wanted the clarification... Will be sure to always have the missus on with me when the time comes ;) Still have to convince her its fun... She used to play WoW and may be a bit... Shall we say...used to the easier style ;)