PDA

View Full Version : Quest from players for players.

Vanalr
03-10-2014, 12:13 PM
The other night I was bored of LFG, so I decided to make my own quests for the lower level characters in Nektulos Forest to complete in which I let them choose a reward out of a backpack. All I did was have them find a random piece of loot that I knew dropped in the zone and have them turn it into me. I wanna know what other things I could do like this to help out the noobs, but make it fun and creative.

akathanam
03-10-2014, 12:39 PM
- Firstly, you must find... another shrubbery!
- Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... with... a herring!

Jimjam
03-10-2014, 01:05 PM
The best quest I set was offering a shiny stack of bone chips to a necromancer that had almost ran out... The conditions were simple. We were both in the Ocean of Tears and I'd give up my bone chips for a Robe of the Oracle.

drktmplr12
03-10-2014, 03:12 PM
The other night I was bored of LFG, so I decided to make my own quests for the lower level characters in Nektulos Forest to complete in which I let them choose a reward out of a backpack. All I did was have them find a random piece of loot that I knew dropped in the zone and have them turn it into me. I wanna know what other things I could do like this to help out the noobs, but make it fun and creative.

Awesome idea. Cool way to give out lowbie gear.

Rhambuk
03-10-2014, 04:03 PM

I remember doing something similar during a guild meeting looooong ago.

on live we used to have guild meetings in dungeons, kind of like a mini raid get everyone together in a low level dungeon in a weird room and make it ours.

anyway i remember one in najena i was down by the spiders just standing in a corner and when a guildy hailed me I went through this long line of text i prepared with a [] in there, followed through. was more fun than anything.

I like the idea, better way of doing giveaways than /random or races imo if your giving away something big make it a completeable epic quest

loramin
03-10-2014, 04:08 PM
All I did was have them find a random piece of loot that I knew dropped in the zone and have them turn it into me.

I'm slightly curious about the logistics of this. Ground drops seem to go away pretty fast on Project 1999: did you have issues with your drops vanishing before anyone could find them, or was it like "drop something and 5 minutes later a n00b found it?"

Rhambuk
03-10-2014, 04:28 PM
i think he means drops from a mob. like bring me 5 wolf pelts and 2 cat meats.

Lyrith
03-10-2014, 04:31 PM
I remember doing something similar during a guild meeting looooong ago.

on live we used to have guild meetings in dungeons, kind of like a mini raid get everyone together in a low level dungeon in a weird room and make it ours.

anyway i remember one in najena i was down by the spiders just standing in a corner and when a guildy hailed me I went through this long line of text i prepared with a [] in there, followed through. was more fun than anything.

I like the idea, better way of doing giveaways than /random or races imo if your giving away something big make it a completeable epic quest

That would be hilarious to have your own quest text you always give. So if someone ever accidentally hailed you, you could just macro it off. If it gave out a decent reward you would have people running you down in commons to try your quest. Such a great idea for fun!

Jimjam
03-10-2014, 04:32 PM
He means he knows spiderling silks drop in nek forest and he'd reward newbies with cloth armour or whatever for each they bought him.

Right?

Darkyle
03-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Really cool concept / idea and I hope you don't mind me stealing this next time I go to hand out a bag of stuff

Vanalr
03-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Ya i just had them bring me 1 piece of spiderling silk and they could look in a backpack and choose a reward. I had a stack of bone chips, silver jasper ring, chipped bone rod, reaper of the dead, and a couple pieces of banded armor to choose from as rewards. Then i had the whole zone on a scavenger hunt for a splintering club. I gave them 30 minutes to find one and if more than one person had one when time was up (which happened) ihad them roll to see who won my last reward. The winner gave me their splintering club and i gave them an iksar berserkers club in return.

Portasaurus
03-10-2014, 06:35 PM
Stop by Greengrocer in EC Tunnel for custom content quests today! Lots of options for lowbies to hunt & forage [meats] and [other ingredients] for fun rewards and platinums!

-your Greengrocer

lecompte
03-10-2014, 06:38 PM
Awesome idea. This is going to be a blast. So ninja'ing this idea.

Portasaurus
03-10-2014, 06:44 PM
i think he means drops from a mob. like bring me 5 wolf pelts and 2 cat meats.

WTB cat meat

meow

Samoht Farstrider
03-10-2014, 09:42 PM
I've been thinking about this. Got a whole backpack of stuff I was going to give out in GFay and was trying to figure out things for them to do to win the items. Will probably do it next Saturday afternoon when I have more time.

Clark
03-10-2014, 10:40 PM
The best quest I set was offering a shiny stack of bone chips to a necromancer that had almost ran out... The conditions were simple. We were both in the Ocean of Tears and I'd give up my bone chips for a Robe of the Oracle.

I remember doing that too back in the day haha.

Kasyra
03-10-2014, 10:46 PM
back on Live, Id host little gladiator style tournaments for loots that had been taking up bank space in the freeport arena. id do a few one vs one style fights, then a team one where two groups of two would fight and such. fun way to help the newbs out and its hilarious hehehe

Executiveutven
03-10-2014, 11:04 PM
or u could just give to the noobie yu nerds

Vanalr
03-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Its no fun to just give it away, gotta make em work for it.

Yoite
03-12-2014, 12:31 AM
make them duel for it

QuasiGnome
03-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Hey Vanalr, my friend won your Iksar Berserker Club and you'll be happy to know we are both very new to the server. He's a DE Magician, I'm a Troll Shaman using the club.

I know there are scammers out there but wanted you to know your generosity was greatly appreciated and we are putting the weapon to good use. This kind of stuff is what makes EQ such an amazing game and why we came back to it here, after almost 10 years.

Thanks again!

Chutt (Shaman)
Blackmajx (Magician)

Vanalr
03-12-2014, 07:22 PM
Hey Vanalr, my friend won your Iksar Berserker Club and you'll be happy to know we are both very new to the server. He's a DE Magician, I'm a Troll Shaman using the club.

I know there are scammers out there but wanted you to know your generosity was greatly appreciated and we are putting the weapon to good use. This kind of stuff is what makes EQ such an amazing game and why we came back to it here, after almost 10 years.

Thanks again!

Chutt (Shaman)
Blackmajx (Magician)

Awesome man! I'm glad atleast one person got some use out of the staff I rewarded the other night. I just hope you guys keep the generosity going. And just so everyone knows I'll probably do something like that every weekend in Nektulos. If I don't have any gear I'll do a bit of plat and buffs. And I saw a guy there last night doing similar so a shout out to Burgy.

Akuma
03-14-2014, 04:20 AM

That's pretty awesome man. The more people going around doing this the more welcoming it will be for newer players.