PDA

View Full Version : Backstab Dmg or Ratio?

Lowlife
08-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Level 30 Rogue. I currently use a Polished Steel Dirk (8/23)with a Burning Rapier (7/20) in my offhand, should I drop overall ratio of the PSD for a Gloomwater Harpoon (9/31) for more backstab damage? Or, a third option, move my BR to my mainhand for even less backstab damage and put an Electrum Bladed Waki (7/21) in my offhand?

To simplifiy..

Option 1. PSD / BR
Option 2. Gloompoon / BR
Option 3. BR / EBW
Option 4. You tell me :P

tj218
08-12-2010, 12:43 AM
29 Rogue here...and I keep PSD in main-hand, and Burning Rapier in off-hand. I have run the DPM on a program, and this turns out the best out of the weapons you mentioned.

But I am open to new insight.

Pyrocat
08-12-2010, 01:53 AM

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=103441#post103441

Schortt
08-12-2010, 02:37 AM
PSD/BR will be the best of those in the most situations. Gloompoon/BR or Gloompoon/PSD will be slightly better in cases where you've got jacked str and a good tank to hold aggro, but we all know that rogues either end up backstabbing early and tanking or backstabbing late - either way you're missing out on stabs and the PSD is a much better mainhand weapon than the gloompoon when there's no stabs going on.

I don't have my parses handy to back this up but I did test it out around level 40ish in SolB with gamparse. At any rate, you'll have an eyerazzia soon enough so don't sweat it too much.

Kinamur1999
08-12-2010, 02:52 AM
Backstab was calculated to be about 40% of a rogues dps. the psd is definitely better

Cyrano
08-12-2010, 11:09 AM
It varies, if you're fighting mobs your level or higher go with PSD. With lower level mobs you have a significantly higher hit chance so the GP will land larger BS's on a regular basis which could offset the lost standard damage.

For all around though option 1 should hold you over.

Kender
09-12-2010, 06:06 PM
so how about PSD for regular swings and swapping GH for the backstab attack only?

you might lose a swing or 2 from the PSD but if you don;t bag agro from the backstab would this be more damage?

i have no way to check if this would work as my rogue is only level 5 but would be interesting to see what you guys thought