PDA

View Full Version : Bard 50-60 Leveling/adventuring ideas

trls250
03-12-2014, 07:48 PM
Looking for suggestions on where to level for 50-60, I'm currently level 52.

Have been in KC and groups are not always easy to come by. Would prefer to solo since my playtime on weeknights is limited.

Gave up aoe kiting in favor of duo kiting, not really looking to go back.

So any thoughts? Would prefer exp but some lower level dungeons with better loot are fine too.

Swish
03-12-2014, 08:11 PM
I never played a bard past 35 so this is mere guesswork :p

First of all KC is horrid, overcamped, pullers all tripping over each other looking for mobs etc. I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting to avoid the place.

For solo work:-

Emerald Jungle to kite (too low?)
Burning Woods (definitely not too low, but I know bards die there without knowing why... are there mobs that summon?)

Or if grouping, you'd be welcome in Sebilis - crowd control is highly valued and people want an ench/bard. You'll need to do your hunter/forager kills to get a key if you don't have one.

Wrench
03-12-2014, 08:12 PM
charm kite the giant fort in bw if noone else is there (can be popular sometimes)

good till about 55 or 56

go up inside invis, pull 1 of 2 in enclosed room, run around till you get social from all of the ones there, then pull out door to get social or proximity from 2 at bottom of ramp, charm your initial aggro and send on another, run swarm over top of pet till they stick, break invis and dot down when pet is almost dead, watch for random pathers in area, rinse repeat

trls250
03-14-2014, 12:36 AM
I was going to wait a bit for Seb. I have a memory of that being a 54+, would like to be able to control effectively.

The BW charm kite idea sounds promising, the idea seems straight forward enough.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Awwalike
03-14-2014, 08:13 AM
raptors in timorous deep.

trls250
03-18-2014, 12:58 AM
Tried charm kiting, seems like a really inconvenient way to earn exp...

Worth the patience to learn?

Calibix
03-20-2014, 12:47 PM
Strings kiting if your into that. DL/BW should be good xp yet. You could aoe the raptors in TD as mentioned above. Not a ton of mobs but its never camped, fast respawns.

I would fear kite mobs with a partner in KC if you can when its not crowded. The xp is very good, it is low risk, and you pair well with nearly any class. KC sucks balls otherwise, although I would get a warlord group at some point for your epic item.

Your probably too low to get into a OS/HS groups. This server loves/hates bards at the same time so pre 55 and Cantana you will have a hard time pugging there. At that point disco/chef/ng are all good xp camps in seb. I personally think HS is better xp, particularly in a duo with a wing to yourself, but it is a more challenging dungeon as well.

But yeah, there is tons of things you can solo all over the place. Its just slow. If you can get a partner though, there are tons of options that are never camped like Skyfire, EJ, etic.

trls250
03-23-2014, 05:32 PM
What's strings kiting?

I think I may go back to AE in an outdoor zone (raptors or BW) until 55 then look into seb.

Faerie
03-23-2014, 06:08 PM
AE kiting raptors probably your best bet. I thought swarming (kiting utilizing charm) was still broken here, with only 1 NPC going after pet?