PDA

View Full Version : GMS - make an "auto attack" for ranged - this is silly

Vosooth316
03-14-2014, 12:42 PM
i know that its classic to have to click SHOOT BOW everytime. but lets be honest. it was an oversight by the original devs and its plain retarded. the game would be way funner and really wouldnt change shit. wouldnt imbalance the classes, wouldnt make rangers top dps. all it would be is a novelty, it would make it fun to actually use a bow.

dont be stupid, just do it

lecompte
03-14-2014, 01:03 PM
Move to RnF?

#1) You're saying that if the Dev's don't do what you want then they're stupid.
#2) Ain't Classic.
#3) If you have something legitmate that you feel may make this a feature that is supposed to be in the game as it is now, post in the bugs section please.

loramin
03-14-2014, 01:18 PM
You have to understand that you're asking for a change to the client software. The devs do hack the client files a bit, for instance to replace the spells that come with Titanium with the proper P99 ones, but they don't re-write the client. If they did, we'd (for instance) have proper lighting, not this "everyone has ultravision" nonsense we have now. When it comes to server code the devs can do whatever they want, but on the client they're largely stuck with what SOE coded in to Titanium.

Also, as lecompte (more or less) said: shits not classic.

nilbog
03-14-2014, 01:20 PM
its classic to have to click SHOOT BOW everytime

Swish
03-14-2014, 01:23 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/11w66FMjyfRXX2/giphy.gif

rollin5k
03-14-2014, 01:40 PM
rediculous post wowza

Cecily
03-14-2014, 01:48 PM
Best laugh I've had from a gif in awhile, ty Swish!

Supaskillz
03-14-2014, 01:50 PM
Real rangers want to click their bow, and level slow, and be shunned from groups, and draw aggro with procs on their weapons

jaybone
03-14-2014, 01:58 PM
3 years kunark CLASSIC

Kayso
03-14-2014, 02:05 PM
i know that its classic to have to click SHOOT BOW everytime. but lets be honest. it was an oversight by the original devs and its plain retarded. the game would be way funner and really wouldnt change shit. wouldnt imbalance the classes, wouldnt make rangers top dps. all it would be is a novelty, it would make it fun to actually use a bow.

Without auto-shot, how are rangers supposed to use the current timeline's shitty bows to do subpar dps while tabbed out? And yet the Devs continue to spend resources and time on Velious? To the benefit of whom?

Op speaks the truth. I'd say pras if I were 100% sure what it meant.

Lyrith
03-14-2014, 02:09 PM
When does auto fire come into game? (Auto attack ranged)

I recall it being around in Planes of Power? So Possibly a Luclin thing...

lecompte
03-14-2014, 02:22 PM
How do you have 2000 posts on a 4 month old forum account? /confused

Voland
03-14-2014, 02:22 PM

No, it was later than that. I started right before GoD and there was no autofire yet.

Daldaen
03-14-2014, 02:26 PM

LoY. The forgotten expansion that gave us so much. Song window, raid window 2.0, autofire, melody, tradeskill window, maps.

So glorious. Praise it's awesomeness. Or maybe that was just the advent of the out of game autofire program, I forget. Regardless... LoY praise.

Nirgon
03-14-2014, 02:31 PM
How do you have 2000 posts on a 4 month old forum account? /confused

Red RNF counts posts for some reason.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Swish
03-14-2014, 02:48 PM
LoY. The forgotten expansion that gave us so much. Song window, raid window 2.0, autofire, melody, tradeskill window, maps.

So glorious. Praise it's awesomeness. Or maybe that was just the advent of the out of game autofire program, I forget. Regardless... LoY praise.

The Pirates of Gunthak type zone was vastly underrated.

Lyrith
03-14-2014, 03:12 PM

Wow... I cannot believe during all those raids rangers were mashing that button none stop with endless quiver. For some reason I thought auto fire was PoP era.

Rhambuk
03-14-2014, 03:14 PM
Auto Range attack.

The fastest way a ranger can get kicked from a group

fadetree
03-14-2014, 03:26 PM
I remember auto ranged attack in pop, but that may be a false memory. I do remember being a badass after grinding for AM3+EQ. Poppin trueshot and seeing those 1500 pt crits, yum.

myriverse
03-14-2014, 03:27 PM

No real reason to be using a bow that much, anyway. Casters cast. Melee melees.

thieros
03-14-2014, 03:56 PM

archers arch! duh

myriverse
03-14-2014, 04:09 PM
archers arch! duh
Not once the battle comes to them.

Bamz4l
03-14-2014, 04:51 PM
what was that melee weapon that had archery skill or some shit, came out in velious I think

Buellen
03-14-2014, 07:13 PM
Doesnt matter if we had auto fire, if you ever bow kited you would know we get an error in range like every 3rd shot

grenravenlock
03-14-2014, 08:35 PM
Archery was never intended to be a viable source of damage. This was the case even when rangers got endless quiver and archery mastery aa's. It was subpar compared to melee of the same tier. The only reason it exploded later on was due to itemization being crap in pop.

blondeattk
03-14-2014, 09:13 PM
` This was the case even when rangers got endless quiver and archery mastery aa's. It was subpar compared to melee of the same tier. `

dont think thats quite accurate. However peeps were seduced by the big numbers they saw churned out by trueshot. I recall seeing a guildy doing archery crits in tactics of 1200-1500....at the time this was big damage from a `melee.` Cant recall which tier bow he had, possibly the one from agnarr?

http://www.eqoutrider.net/eqforums/index.php probably be able to link a 3rd party autofire program....

blondeattk
03-14-2014, 09:16 PM
what was that melee weapon that had archery skill or some shit, came out in velious I think

http://wiki.project1999.com/Breezeboot%27s_Frigid_Gnasher

Fame
03-14-2014, 10:28 PM
dont be stupid

more fun

Reguiy
03-14-2014, 10:42 PM
3rd party autofire programs are classic.

Byrjun
03-14-2014, 11:26 PM
Pretty sure autofire was GoD or later, and melody even later than that.

Aenor
03-14-2014, 11:47 PM
This guy should be bant for hating classic.

grenravenlock
03-14-2014, 11:56 PM
` This was the case even when rangers got endless quiver and archery mastery aa's. It was subpar compared to melee of the same tier. `

dont think thats quite accurate. However peeps were seduced by the big numbers they saw churned out by trueshot. I recall seeing a guildy doing archery crits in tactics of 1200-1500....at the time this was big damage from a `melee.` Cant recall which tier bow he had, possibly the one from agnarr?

http://www.eqoutrider.net/eqforums/index.php probably be able to link a 3rd party autofire program....

It is accurate. The main reason it was a huge thing was because elemental bows were tradable. Essentially meaning anyone that could afford one could have a near raid dps character that simple afked with an autofire program. What made it worse was the availability of raid onehanders from and just before the elemental planes were rare or just plain shit. I knew several rangers that actively raided that were forced to use the sword from cursed well into the elemental planes. When not burning trueshot melee was almost always over 30% better when you had the same tier weapons.

Cecily
03-15-2014, 12:01 AM
As a level 20 ranger, I can say with some authority that I'd rather press the button every time.

Rhambuk
03-15-2014, 12:03 AM
I remember being in the plane of valor doing the mutant guys in the cave. Rangers with a few aa and ele bow were outdpsing my rogue who was raid geared, albeit luclin but still.

each of his ranged attacks equaled one of my backstabs and his crits were higher. My #1 problem with rangers and casters in pop was that they got spells/aa easily attained while melee had to wait for raid drops.

but so is the way of eq

Rhambuk
03-15-2014, 12:06 AM
regardless ranger bow attacks will not be better than melee on this server.

at least not within the velious expansion, after that with custom content who knows

Ciroco
03-15-2014, 04:08 AM
Maybe we could at least fix the error about delay not yet being met then?

Bamz4l
03-23-2014, 05:36 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Breezeboot%27s_Frigid_Gnasher

Thank you !!~!

YendorLootmonkey
03-23-2014, 06:09 PM
An autofire command was post-GoD because it never happened before I quit Live, but a lot of rangers on the Glade back in the day recommended a USB gamepad with turbo fire functionality, that you set up to work with your Range Attack hotkey. I don't remember anyone complaining about an error message regarding the ranged attack timer.

I should also add I doubt using a gamepad with turbo-fire is legal here, especially if holding down a key with duct tape to grab FTE is not legal here.

webrunner5
03-23-2014, 10:16 PM
Why in the hell would the Devs even bother fixing something for like 6 people on this server?? Well maybe there are like 7 Rangers, but still. :p

Ciroco
03-24-2014, 01:17 AM
I tried to recreate the ranged attack error just now and couldn't do it, for whatever reason.

Visual
03-24-2014, 01:37 AM
Maybe we could at least fix the error about delay not yet being met then?

Has there been a bug report filed ?

I'm surprised this has not been resolved.

Clark
03-24-2014, 06:11 AM