PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Cyclops policy?

innocent51
03-17-2014, 07:53 AM
Some people claim it as camp, some people claim is on engage, some people just go and KS, charm or whatever... What's the PNP policy on AC here? I don't feel like siting my butt there for hours and get KSed at the last second by a random bard.

element08
03-17-2014, 08:44 AM
if it's not a static camp like AC in sro where it can spawn anywhere in the desert then it's whoever engages the mob first. If it's a static camp, AC in oot, it's a camp and whoever holds the camp has first right to engage in a reasonable amount of time.

It's a dick move to pop the sro AC if you're just running through and not killing placeholders while others are, but it's not against the rules.

Daldaen
03-17-2014, 08:55 AM
What is the rule lawyers verdict on the OoT AC camp?

Since "reasonable amount of time to engage" and the camp is done such that you kill the PHer at a specific time of day. So you are leaving it up without engaging or attacking it for awhile before you kill it. So that AC spawns at the correct part of the day.

Laugher
03-17-2014, 09:41 AM
Etiquette for AC camps:

1. Hire a rule lawyer- these can usually be found if not working in the EC tunnel wearing a raid guild tag

2. Get caffeinated

3. Get ready to go head to head in some cutting edge pve camping/petitionquest

http://i.imgur.com/3e7ghjP.jpg

4. Buy jboots MQ

Lyrith
03-17-2014, 09:46 AM
if it's not a static camp like AC in sro where it can spawn anywhere in the desert then it's whoever engages the mob first. If it's a static camp, AC in oot, it's a camp and whoever holds the camp has first right to engage in a reasonable amount of time.

It's a dick move to pop the sro AC if you're just running through and not killing placeholders while others are, but it's not against the rules.

This is my understanding as well.

Swish
03-17-2014, 09:58 AM
Laugher wins.

People don't respect camps anyway unless its a fixed room with fixed spawns. Just yesterday I was on my necro at the BW giant fort. Probably taking down 3-4 giants down before the first one repopped.

3 unguilded anon guys turned up. Their enchanter just pulled whatever, I sent a tell about "no camp check, now you're pulling through me" etc...took sit aggro a few times, no response. Didn't bother petitioning because it would have been the same result despite the rudeness.

Thankfully I'm not too immersed.

In summary, if people aren't breaking "the rules", they'll do whatever they want these days. There's no rule saying you have to be nice to people... which is shit.

Swish
03-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Seen Vaporize and a few others catch the AC up in South Ro before and just outright steal it... the rage is even worse if they're not in pvp range.

Schnitzel
03-17-2014, 08:03 PM
If you are "sitting" and not killing things, how to you expect it to pop? Seems like you are asking someone else to pop it for you.

Pheer
03-17-2014, 10:56 PM
damn sounds complicated
on red we just take whatever cyclops we feel like :)
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee432/robn3030/ac_zps5794db94.jpg

nice screenshot, im very impressed...

.... that you found another player on a 50 population server

Clark
03-18-2014, 07:20 AM
damn sounds complicated

lol

Vidar
03-18-2014, 07:40 AM
nice screenshot, im very impressed...

.... that you found another player on a 50 population server

ZING!

Calibix
03-18-2014, 11:17 AM
damn sounds complicated

Lol that UI. And you play on a pvp server? Jesus christ red must be full of scrubs.

Swish
03-18-2014, 11:22 AM
Having a polished UI with crisp edges on all your chat boxes etc won't help when pvp is initiated.

drktmplr12
03-18-2014, 11:54 AM
Having a polished UI with crisp edges on all your chat boxes etc won't help when pvp is initiated.

what you mean someone told me it increases reaction time and APM by 4%

Stonecrush
03-18-2014, 02:00 PM
Why blot out your gear?

Disclaimer: I've never played PVP because I'd probably drop kick my PC.

Pheer
03-18-2014, 03:11 PM
anyone is welcome to see my gear by inspecting me at close range in game :D til then no

Waist: Reed belt
arms: embroidered black sleeves
chest: brown chitin protector
wrists: CBBs
legs: silversilk leggings
gloves: splitpaw hide or withered leather gloves
feet: empty
rings: ac5 hp55 or 13 MR rings
secondary: crested mistmoore shield
primary: thex mallet
shoulders: drolvarg mantle most likely
necklace: probably white gold necklace
ears: wis earrings
back: empty
head: frog crown
face: serpentskin or bloodstone, if it was tobrin's then the rest of your gear wouldnt be so shit

mystery solved

Ele
03-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Waist: Reed belt
arms: embroidered black sleeves
chest: brown chitin protector
wrists: CBBs
legs: silversilk leggings
gloves: splitpaw hide or withered leather gloves
feet: empty
rings: ac5 hp55 or 13 MR rings
secondary: crested mistmoore shield
primary: thex mallet
shoulders: drolvarg mantle most likely
necklace: probably white gold necklace
ears: wis earrings
back: empty
head: frog crown
face: serpentskin or bloodstone, if it was tobrin's then the rest of your gear wouldnt be so shit

mystery solved

lold

Erati
03-18-2014, 03:38 PM
why u have no gator legs dawg?

4 wis and hps !

Pheer
03-18-2014, 03:44 PM
why u have no gator legs dawg?

4 wis and hps !

too busy posting on forums about how fun his ghost town of a server is and bragging about looting an AC on his druid

if he can find someone to buy a jboots mq on a pvp server with coin loot then maybe he can finally fill that back slot or put some shoes on

Ingrum
04-23-2014, 03:22 PM
To get this thread back on the rails (Since Red 99ers obviously can't read what forum section they are in.) and provide clarification for future disputes, is the general consensus that the AC in SRO is not considered claimable unless engaged?

Personally I find it appalling that someone could be so self-entitled as to claim an entire zone. However, I don't really have any solid say in what's wrong or right when it comes to our precious pixels.

applesauce25r624
04-23-2014, 04:28 PM
Laugher wins.

People don't respect camps anyway unless its a fixed room with fixed spawns. Just yesterday I was on my necro at the BW giant fort. Probably taking down 3-4 giants down before the first one repopped.

3 unguilded anon guys turned up. Their enchanter just pulled whatever, I sent a tell about "no camp check, now you're pulling through me" etc...took sit aggro a few times, no response. Didn't bother petitioning because it would have been the same result despite the rudeness.

Thankfully I'm not too immersed.

In summary, if people aren't breaking "the rules", they'll do whatever they want these days. There's no rule saying you have to be nice to people... which is shit.

are you playing on blue now?! :]