PDA

View Full Version : WTB PvP

quido
08-12-2010, 08:28 PM
I feel the server's high-level population doesn't spend enough time PvPing. I know a lot of you are fresh here but personally I am getting pretty tired of clearing fear/poopsocking/whatever. PvP is a fun and exciting way to mix things up.

Some of you are probably thinking "easy for you to say, Jeremy, you're a Shaman and pwn the fuck out of people." When you see me sitting in the EC Tunnel trying to pick fights, it's not because I want to upgrade my e-penoy, It's because it's fun and I like seeing how the mechanics work. One of the two duels I lost recently (vs Monotone) was some of the most exhilarating fun I've had playing this game. Getting permawhirled by Brain was a bitter yet humbling defeat.

Bragging rights and shaking e-cocks is not what I want this to be about. Let's organize some friendly PvP as a place to try different strategies, discuss game mechanics, and just have some fucking fun playing some Everquest. I personally am interested in 1v1 duels, but we should look into organizing some different-sized matches. There's also different rulesets we could try out regarding things like buffs and potions or whatever. I'm really interested in becoming better acquainted with the mechanics of dueling. I don't know about you guys, but when each plane opened up, it took me a number of clears to become acclimated to the mechanics of the new mobs. I don't feel people have done enough dueling to really fully grasp the player versus player mechanics that exist on this emulated server. Such playing would also be a good method of discovering discrepancies between classic and Project1999 and bringing these to the attention of the developers.

So what do you say, 50s of Project1999? I know a lot of you bungholes are tied up poopsockin', but you should think about joining the party and trying to outplay the people you're currently trying to outcamp.

PhelanKA
08-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Getting permawhirled by Brain was a bitter yet humbling defeat.

Fact: You will never beat a good enchanter. MR be damned (and Tashed).

Braelyn
08-12-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm not lv50, but I'm down for more pvp at the tunnel.

Lowlife
08-12-2010, 09:11 PM
when i hit 50, ill come to ec and daggerfuck you, and anyone else, all day every day, and i mean that with all the love and respect one can possible imbue in that sentence. <3

Virtuosos
08-12-2010, 09:11 PM
-shrug- ill turn the book in....if the guild does lol. gonna be hard raiding when an OT cant be healde :p

whitebandit
08-12-2010, 09:27 PM
ill duel you sometime jeremy

Lowlife
08-12-2010, 09:28 PM
-shrug- ill turn the book in....if the guild does lol. gonna be hard raiding when an OT cant be healde :p

um.. /duel?

Yoite
08-12-2010, 10:14 PM
i'll play

quido
08-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Stop being such a wussy! I think people are afraid to duel for fear of a loss. Cmon, it's all in good fun!

quido
08-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Cmon people! Don't you want to organize some PvP? It would be a lot of fun I think.

Let's setup some friendly duels!

Tallenn
08-20-2010, 11:23 AM
I just never really found it that fun. Then again, I've never been very good at PvP. I suppose it probably would be more fun if you usually win, but if you're the one who's always getting WTF pwned, not so much.

redghosthunter
08-20-2010, 11:30 AM
And the reason ya didnt make a toon on TZ/VZ ? Its pvp... And don't give me that.. it just sucks. Its the same dam game but with Kunark.

azxten
08-20-2010, 12:59 PM
From what I understand the resist system is messed up and that makes me want to avoid PvP.

Taxi
08-20-2010, 03:30 PM
And the reason ya didnt make a toon on TZ/VZ ? Its pvp... And don't give me that.. it just sucks. Its the same dam game but with Kunark.

I started playing there first, the reason why i left is because every single player dual boxes and hence there is no multiplayer until you hit 50. I was even laughed at by most of the server (global OOC) for wanting to join a guild straight off the bat.

I think thats the main reason why TZVZ fails, not because pvp sucks.

Shannacore
08-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Let's organize some friendly PvP as a place to try different strategies, discuss game mechanics, and just have some fucking fun playing some Everquest.

Didn't someone already try to do a "friendly" pvp thing? I think all that came from that was IB and Divinity in the Rants and Flames sections for a week or so.

peopleonthisserveraredontwanttobefriendly

azxten
08-20-2010, 03:52 PM
My proposal is Monday night PvP. For 1-2 hours every Monday night (so as not to piss off people who can only play on the weekend) everyones PvP flag on the server is switched. No item/coin loot, just fun.

Yeah, right.

nerfed
08-20-2010, 03:54 PM
what happened to the plane of time battleground?

Taxi
08-20-2010, 04:02 PM
My proposal is Monday night PvP. For 1-2 hours every Monday night (so as not to piss off people who can only play on the weekend) everyones PvP flag on the server is switched. No item/coin loot, just fun.

Yeah, right.

Id log back for that one for sure!

Neuroscar
08-21-2010, 06:43 AM

Yeah, right.

Now replace Monday with "all days that end on y" night pvp and we are settled ^^

Edgetiq
08-21-2010, 07:09 AM
Twelve Prophets are here now so you know you in trouble if PvP becomes an option!

Tinino
08-21-2010, 07:30 AM
Twelve Prophets are here now so you know you in trouble if PvP becomes an option!

Need more 12p/Xanit/Defiant fights :-(

UncleDread
08-21-2010, 08:15 AM
WTF? Love how you carebears want go PvP after you have gotten all you uber gear and didnt have bleed to get it.If you want to PvP join the PvP server and earn the right to PvP the correct way.Flame away it funnnie hearing you Carebear flame...:D

UncleDread
08-21-2010, 08:18 AM
Fact: You will never beat a good enchanter. MR be damned (and Tashed).

ENc suck at pvp not matter how good there skill is..:D

Edgetiq
08-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Need more 12p/Xanit/Defiant fights :-(

Twelve Prophets got absorbed into Darkwind today... like an hour after I wrote that post!

Tork
08-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Do not want.

Tinino
08-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Twelve Prophets got absorbed into Darkwind today... like an hour after I wrote that post!

Ahh :( I won't see any 12p around then...

Alann ?! where are you ?!

Tinino
08-21-2010, 09:09 AM
WTF? Love how you carebears want go PvP after you have gotten all you uber gear and didnt have bleed to get it.If you want to PvP join the PvP server and earn the right to PvP the correct way.Flame away it funnnie hearing you Carebear flame...:D

The pvp server was fun at start but there are not enough people playing atm... especially with kunark enabled.
But I agree with you, items are so much easier to get on a pve server.

eqdruid76
08-21-2010, 09:41 AM
WoW is that way =======>

Tiggles
08-21-2010, 10:12 AM

This.

Aerist
08-21-2010, 12:55 PM
awww the bluebies want more duels in east commons, how cute.....wtb rogean pvp server already~

Tiggles
08-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Don't make a pvp server. It's impossible to quell the hacks and exploits while moderating two servers

keglekongen
08-22-2010, 12:07 PM
12p is still alive, not alot of the original members are here though, we are a few around, and if PvP becomes an option we will fight again :)

cucus
08-22-2010, 12:07 PM
i m back from week , it seen yes we got absorbed lol

but prophets in this server was for fun :) prophets is a guild no only some ppl hehe

cucus optimiste < Prophets > ;)

gnome powa !!

Keglekongen , depending what is original for you , from the twelve prophets only 2 or 3 off course it s old ehe !

in prophets , me , cafi , tausen , djaz , tarni , delight (from different name) ,etc ... and tricky and zantis soon as i know , lot other from my msn / icq list do not want play back eq !! grrr like ramza / mestema or kodor etc ... doktoor / thakisis / druukin play on TZ/VZ as i know

biscuits2455
08-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Why don't you quit being a sissy and play on a mans server.

emu.pwned.com

Madpao
08-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Talking about dueling sure brings back memories when I was on vallon zek though:

http://common.allakhazam.com/images/3/0/309d55515e13db723d8a3451d8e6c00a.png

http://common.allakhazam.com/images/4/7/47a8767903f0f0056422ebad01fddd05.png

http://common.allakhazam.com/images/e/b/eb8c6db699fa2c9cf81d5ed2198b3fb3.png

If you guys remember more fun pvp gear go ahead and list them. Would love to see some pain in the ass item from the past.

tarni
06-08-2011, 05:32 AM
miss pvp times. and miss. the prophets times.. :)
just miss playing eq. dont have time atm :(

Tarni Shadowdancer - Twelve Prophets Vz

username17
06-08-2011, 08:16 PM
PvP for me has never really been about killing other people. It's about the sense if danger.
In non-EQ MMOs there's never a sense that I could be killed at any moment, so I play PvP. Personally I think it makes you a better player, if you PvP. You constantly have to look over your shoulder to see if you're about to die. It helps with your situational awareness.

But here on EQ I always feel like I'm going to die, so I don't need to add PvP on top of it.
I'm just posting this to say I understand while all the PvPers want PvP. I personally don't need it on EQ.
However, I've never actually PvP'd on EQ, so I might give it a try.