PDA

View Full Version : Mage and necro pets duel wielding incorrectly?

bhatz01
08-12-2010, 11:01 PM
In classic mage pets could DW at 24 with weapons and 39 without...and necro pets at 29 with weapons and 39 without. It appears mage and necro pets are duel wielding as low as lvl 8.

Is this documented and is it fixable?

I appologize if it's already been discussed but it would be nice to get it fixed.

Nightblade
08-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Same with enchanter pets, but what I think you're getting at is the visualization of them holding two weapons, versus actually using both.

I can give my dinky little mage pet two spears or whatnot, but he'll only use one. Why? Because while he looks like he's holding both, there's no dualwield skill to roll a check for, so, only swings with one hand. Until 24, DW-checks for attacks auto-fail for mage pets.

Hope this clarifies it.

bhatz01
08-14-2010, 09:26 AM
The way I realized it was if I gave my lvl 8 pet just one dagger, when he engaged a wisp (which requires magic to hit) sometimes he would pierce, other times he would get the invulnerable message, and not just with kicks or bashes, with a regular hit. Based on that it would seem he is using both hands.

I will test further though.

liveitup1216
08-14-2010, 11:00 AM
the bigger question is how can they duel what they wield?!

Your pet has challenged the weapon it is holding to a duel to the death!

sorry i couldn't resist.

mmiles8
08-14-2010, 01:26 PM
In classic mage pets could DW at 24 with weapons and 39 without...and necro pets at 29 with weapons and 39 without. It appears mage and necro pets are duel wielding as low as lvl 8.

Is this documented and is it fixable?

I appologize if it's already been discussed but it would be nice to get it fixed.

They only appear to dual wield. They hard coded the actual dual wielding into the appropriate level pet spells and above 2 or 3 updates ago.

jeffd
08-14-2010, 01:34 PM
pets can hold a weapon in their offhand, but will not use it until they're the appropriate level.

PhelanKA
08-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Let me get this straight - I am wasting my time giving my pet 2 weapons at level 39 because it'll DW anyway? I'm embarassed to admit it but I did not know this if true.

Ermonican
08-17-2010, 08:23 AM
Will pets use a shield in addition to a weapon if given one?

Anaiyah
08-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Will pets use a shield in addition to a weapon if given one?

Yup :)