PDA

View Full Version : Question on the new "Rogean anti-socking rule"

Barfight
08-13-2010, 12:00 AM
Pardon my ignorance, I never read these boards, but is there any update on the status of the new proposed Rogean anti-socking rule? Is there coding and implementation to be done for a while? Or should we expect it very soon?

Like I said I don't read the boards ever, so if it's not appropriate to ask such questions or it has been answered already, I apologize.

nalkin
08-13-2010, 12:02 AM
wts poopsock pst

Taluvill
08-13-2010, 12:58 AM
Nice sig barfight = P

Barfight
08-13-2010, 12:59 AM
/bow

oldhead
08-13-2010, 07:37 AM
socking?

Cyrius
08-13-2010, 09:02 AM
Are you talking about the new raid rules?

Otto
08-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Are you talking about the new raid rules?

I believe he is.

Nice to see your name~

Ihealyou
08-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Here's my proposed rule change.

Each player may only have one (1) active sock. The active sock will be on a rotation, the order of which is determined by a /random 100. Every week, +/- 36 hours, the next sock will become active and the previous active sock will return to the bottom of the rotation. Any new socks wishing to join the rotation must state their intent, and enter at the bottom of the rotation.

Any guild wishing to lay claim to a raid mob must be able to field fifteen (15) members wearing their active sock. Another guild can contest a raid mob by stating their intent. At this point, a process called sOcKpIcS begins. Members of each guild must take a timestamped photo of themselves wearing their sock. The guild leaders, or a predesignated sOcKpIcS officer, will then email the pictures to the other guild. After sOcKpIcS is called, both guilds will have ten (10) minutes to comply. Failure to complete sOcKpIcS in the alloted time, excepting cases of terrorism, natural disasters, or acts of god, constitutes forfeit of the mob. Any disputes over sOcKpIcS will be handled by a GM.

Comments?

tj218
08-13-2010, 10:57 AM

Each player may only have one (1) active sock. The active sock will be on a rotation, the order of which is determined by a /random 100. Every week, +/- 36 hours, the next sock will become active and the previous active sock will return to the bottom of the rotation. Any new socks wishing to join the rotation must state their intent, and enter at the bottom of the rotation.

Any guild wishing to lay claim to a raid mob must be able to field fifteen (15) members wearing their active sock. Another guild can contest a raid mob by stating their intent. At this point, a process called sOcKpIcS begins. Members of each guild must take a timestamped photo of themselves wearing their sock. The guild leaders, or a predesignated sOcKpIcS officer, will then email the pictures to the other guild. After sOcKpIcS is called, both guilds will have ten (10) minutes to comply. Failure to complete sOcKpIcS in the alloted time, excepting cases of terrorism, natural disasters, or acts of god, constitutes forfeit of the mob. Any disputes over sOcKpIcS will be handled by a GM.

Comments?

Has The UN Security Council cleared that? I am thinking Russia might veto.

Aarone
08-13-2010, 11:03 AM

Comments?

What about exploits involving missing socks that turn up stuck to the inside of the dryer?

Messianic
08-13-2010, 11:10 AM
rofl...

Dukat
08-13-2010, 02:24 PM
There's been no update. I'm starting to wonder if the "Rogean Poopsock Solution" even exists. He said he would come up with something yet we have no clue what that might be.

If I were Rogean, I would make a commitment to stop trying to please everyone, and instead cultivate that fine, nostalgic, classic drama (trust and betrayal inherent in an FFA system)

I have full confidence in our GMs in their ability to run the server fairly, even with the mighty task of balancing the ambitions of 8 or so fully active raid guilds... But what I really want is for the GM's to have a little confidence in us as players and give us a chance to prove ourselves.

Were all here because we like classic. We should enjoy classic for all that it was meant to be

nilbog
08-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Pretty sure I was the one that mentioned new raid rules.

Soon.

Dominick
08-13-2010, 02:32 PM

Soon.

Should we buy socks in anticipation?

Allizia
08-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Should we buy socks in anticipation?

I upgraded to pooppantyhose, it's like 2 socks in one and you can just keep wearing them until full

Allizia
08-13-2010, 02:52 PM
What? How did I get out of Rants and Flames? 0.o

Itchybottom
08-13-2010, 03:03 PM
I upgraded to pooppantyhose, it's like 2 socks in one and you can just keep wearing them until full

And if you squeeze it into a cup, you have emergency cocoa.

Messianic
08-13-2010, 03:04 PM
And if you squeeze it into a cup, you have emergency cocoa.

Bear Grylls once drank the fluids from elephant poop...

Barfight
08-13-2010, 03:05 PM

Soon.

Thanks Nilbog and Cyrius for the responses.

nalkin
08-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Thanks Nilbog and Cyrius for the responses.

Any words to everyone else that contributed to this here thread? Cause I can't help but feel slightly offended that you didn't mention anyone but the two names you stated above. Even a brief after thought such as, "and everyone else", would have put my mind at ease but to not even be considered is... hurtful.

Hasbinbad
08-13-2010, 06:23 PM

Soon.
Everything you do seems to get attributed to Rogean..

bluejam
08-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Pff, poopsocking is for amateurs.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_oGC398qrlMg/SJ35Lm-yZyI/AAAAAAAAAUQ/RzvUTgKQj9U/s400/Computer.jpg