PDA

View Full Version : WTB Bixie Stinger (PoSky)

Mezzmur
03-21-2014, 09:26 AM
^ WTB Bixie Stinger (PoSky)!

Mezzmur
03-23-2014, 06:26 AM
^

Mezzmur
03-24-2014, 11:47 AM
^ WTB 30k!

Shiftin
03-24-2014, 01:40 PM
Just checking that you know thornstinger is primary only and that "rampage" is stripped entirely (STR benefits) when the rune is eaten up. You can't use it with ragebringer unless you're willing to constantly swap it in and out, and the proc rate was painfully low last time I tried doing that with mine.

Supaskillz
03-24-2014, 01:50 PM
if you are planning to tank some thorn is obviously awesome for that. Thorn mh RB offhand swapping efreeti spear for bs is actually better dps than RB mh and edge of nightwalker off, granted not by much and its a hassle.

I love my thornstinger, but then again I also love my burning rapier which I will never destroy. My love is not entirely based on utility.

Tayy
03-25-2014, 09:41 AM
proc rate is quite high actually

Mezzmur
03-26-2014, 09:53 AM
Just checking that you know thornstinger is primary only and that "rampage" is stripped entirely (STR benefits) when the rune is eaten up. You can't use it with ragebringer unless you're willing to constantly swap it in and out, and the proc rate was painfully low last time I tried doing that with mine.

Seems that Thorn MH RB OH or Thorn MH RSSS OH is probably better dps based on ratios. I want to parse and I want a thornstinger!

Paying 30k!

Shiftin
03-26-2014, 12:26 PM
It's a fun weapon, so just consider these free bumps:

I promise both of those combos are significantly worse in DPS unless there has been a major damage table update since early Kunark. Your backstab max and damage tables are based on MH primary damage number. I did the parsing when just Azeth(?) and I had it. RB/RSSS is definitely the best possible combination in game until velious without having to switch out both weapons constantly as you're meleeing, and that's only theoretical because you inevitably wind up without a weapon equipped and miss a DW when doing that and constantly moving around mobs from push/spin.

Supaskillz
03-26-2014, 12:54 PM
You should never swap both weapons, you will def lose dps this way. You have efreeti war spear for this reason. If you have a rsss your best combination with swapping is thorn mh(swapping in spear for bs) rsss oh. Throw rb in range slot. If you ever have a Half a second of time without a weapon in both hands you are doing it wrong. Absent of swapping shiftin is right that the speed and ratio of thorn will not make up for weak backstab dmg( maybe if you don't have haste it will be close).

It's worth noting the proc on thorn is a rune which does generate a fair bit of hate.

Shiftin
03-26-2014, 12:57 PM
Nilbog: Ragebringer is no longer equippable in the ranged slot. (PvE only at this time. Changes for PvP after epics.)
Feb 17th patch notes

Supaskillz
03-26-2014, 12:59 PM
Ahh see I been gone almost 2 years!

Juevento
03-26-2014, 06:57 PM
So much wrong in this thread :p

Mezzmur
03-31-2014, 03:50 PM
^30k

Mezzmur
04-05-2014, 12:40 PM