PDA

View Full Version : What Class to Play!?

Trosh
03-21-2014, 07:08 PM
Hello all,

New player to the project, wondering what classes are most played at higher levels, or even at the lower levels for groups?

I was considering one of the following:
Enchanter
Necromancer
Shaman

Let me know what you guys think! I'd like to play a class that there aren't many of, but one that will still be fun to play!

Thanks!

Shinko
03-21-2014, 07:32 PM
Shaman = ogre
Necromancer = Darkelf
Enchanter =Darkelf

--------------
Solo @ 60
Necromancer 7/10
Enchanter 10/10
Shaman 8/10 got
--------------
Sham are great
Enc are fun (chardok aoe,c2,charm ect ect
Necro can level best and are alright pullers

--------------------

what do you really want to do? tho

Treefall
03-21-2014, 07:33 PM
Well, you picked the three of the most popular classes...so as far as not what many others play...hmmm?

Necromancer: solo pretty much anything outdoors that doesn't summon. Fun, self-reliant class. Best race, hands down Iksar, but the ~22% more xp per level adds up if you're not hardcore so other races may appeal. Necro is my main, though I take a break during working season (I'm a teacher) and I have a complete blast. Fear kiting, snare kiting, duo with a shaman/rogue is my favorite group play as mobs just melt and it seems like I never have to med (though, honestly...solo xp is still better, but grouping makes it more fun).

Shaman: the class I wished I would have picked, though no matter what you pick there will always be something you think is better. Amazing solo, loved by groups, but played by a lot of people. Run speed and pots for alts, what more can you ask for? Root rotting solo and amazing in your face action with a melee, pref Monk. Great, great class.

Enchanter. You have mana crack, forget Jboots or SoW pots, any Shaman or Druid within 15 zones will run to you and sow you for another hit. Played by a lot of people, grouping is the best at low levels. Higher up...charm makes you the best solo class in the game, hands down (I guess Shaman is a very close 2nd as Ogre).

All classes solo well. Shaman and Enchanter group very well. All three make up some f the best duo combos in the game if you're looking t just rock it with one other person.

Play what appeals to you. All three are great.

Leeyuuduu
03-21-2014, 07:33 PM
There's a ton of shamans, a lot of enchanters, and a large amount of necromancers.
But, shamans and enchanters are in high demand, as most groups would like to have one of each. Although necromancers can be good in small groups, at lower level stuff in full groups dies so fast your DoTs won't be making much of a difference, and necro is kind of unappreciated in general as a group class.

If you like playing a healer, I'd go shaman. If you like to be on your toes for CCing and like having a charmed pet, go enchanter. Both also get many buffs that group members love.

Treefall
03-21-2014, 07:38 PM
I would also like to add that there are only really three classes in this game that are hard to recommend.

Those would be: Ranger, Rogue, and Warrior.

Warrior because you truly have to know what you're getting into: gear dependence and very limited buttons to hit.

Rogue: Solo is not an option (aside from using lag to backstabb, but it's still lame) so if there isn't a partner or group, you don't xp.

Ranger: the red-headed stepchild of EverQuest. High XP Penalty, not that great at soloing, and classism makes grouping hard the further up you get.

Trosh
03-21-2014, 07:48 PM
Well, I was hoping to play a class that there weren't tons of.. I am an excellent enchanter, and like to be support roles for groups, so that might be where I go with it..

I suppose I could also be alright with other classes.. what are the classes that are in highest demands for groups? Most particularly classes that aren't clerics and warriors, as I don't like playing those due to the complete lack of solo ability.

Leeyuuduu
03-21-2014, 07:58 PM
On a server with well over 1000 people primetime, there's a lot of every class (except rangers maybe). Speaking as an enchanter though, I never have trouble finding a group. I don't think you can go wrong in terms of demand with an enchanter or a shaman. Add this to the fact that two enchanters or two shamans stack very well in groups (more heals/pets/split duties for buffing, etc.).

EDIT: I should add though, as you might already know, enchanter is usually the first to die.

Lune
03-21-2014, 08:11 PM
Well, I was hoping to play a class that there weren't tons of.. I am an excellent enchanter, and like to be support roles for groups, so that might be where I go with it..

I suppose I could also be alright with other classes.. what are the classes that are in highest demands for groups? Most particularly classes that aren't clerics and warriors, as I don't like playing those due to the complete lack of solo ability.

The only classes in especially high demand for groups are clerics and enchanters. Everything else can be flexibly delegated to many different classes.

Shamans, enchanters, and necromancers are very popular for precisely the same reasons you're favoring them in this thread. Anything that offers a great compromise between group desirability and solo ability is going to be popular.

I'd say enchanters offer the best compromise between everything you're looking for. Excellent soloists, excellent in groups, and they stack, that is, a group can have multiple charming enchanters without sacrificing much of anything. And although there are many enchanters, there aren't that many. Not really an overcrowded class from what I've seen.

pharmakos
03-21-2014, 09:21 PM
follow your heart

Swish
03-21-2014, 10:18 PM
Would most people agree its tanks that are lacking a lot both at the top end and through the levels? Monks do a good job as a substitute a lot of the time as there's plenty of twinked ones, but yeah... would be nice to see more "REAL" tanks around.

If you're after a lesser played tanking class, there's not many high end paladins :)

Lune
03-21-2014, 10:34 PM
Would most people agree its tanks that are lacking a lot both at the top end and through the levels? Monks do a good job as a substitute a lot of the time as there's plenty of twinked ones, but yeah... would be nice to see more "REAL" tanks around.

If you're after a lesser played tanking class, there's not many high end paladins :)

I remember when that was definitely the case, but I'm not so sure anymore. Hybrids are quite popular in low and mid levels, but around 45 they all quit. Even so, I don't think I've encountered consistent or significant difficulty finding tanks 50+.

Trosh
03-21-2014, 11:37 PM
I went with Enchanter.. if any1 has noob tips or a couple bags they don't need, send a tell to Vanelar :D

Should be fun!!

Ok nvm that. spells are REDICULOUS. Went SK