PDA

View Full Version : Does a new guild have to follow raid rotation rules?

purpherb
03-21-2014, 07:10 PM
Just wondering, I am not asking because I am against it just wanna know what's up. I watched a few of the sirken twitch streams and in that he kept saying how he wants everything to be ran by the players (in regards to raiding) like it was on live. I also know that rogean is a stickler for classic details. Would a new guild have to listen to the class r and class c stuff or could they just ignore it if they choose to. And if they have to follow it, why is it like that, just to stop griefing? What would happen if a new guild just told all the other guilds to F off and they're gonna do their own thing. Would the gms ban them or take away their loot?

Nuggie
03-21-2014, 07:16 PM
No. But be prepared to be hated if you dont.

Edit - you have to follow parts. If you get into class C you have to follow some of their rules.

Lisset
03-21-2014, 07:22 PM
Yes, in some ways.

If your new guild does any of the following, you're toast:

Kill a class c mob followed by a class r.

Kill 3 bosses within the time limit (6 hours?) following a repop.

Kill a raid boss when it pops while you're already in zone.

And so on.

Derubael
03-21-2014, 07:55 PM
Basically, any guild on the server that kills a raid target will fall into one of two categories:

Class R
Class C

Class C has few restrictions. There are no mob lockouts, and as a Class C guild you are free to engage and kill as many Class C and FFA mobs as you'd like. You can''t touch Class R spawns (You'll know its a class R spawn by viewing the page at www.project1999.com/raid.php)

Class R guilds will receive a two class spawn lockout on any mob they kill. So if you kill CT, you cannot engage the next two Class R CT's, but you can engage the next FFA CT. You could also engage a Class C CT, but that would move you to Class C.

The staff doesn't specifically enforce a rotation among Class R. There are a list of rules on the bottom of the raid.php page that further details the terms for raiding here on Project 1999.

Swish
03-21-2014, 08:12 PM
Doljoni were the only guild that I know of who attempted to stay off the rotation and KS (if you can call it a KS) a guild on a mob when the repops came.

They disbanded eventually, they bled members who were either frustrated at the lack of raid mobilization (and not getting any kills for being off the rotation), or in some cases I know of people who refused to group with them unless they were a key class (cleric/enchanter/tank).

That's not to say its impossible to achieve success on their system, but yeah you're gonna get some heat if you start taking mobs away from a guild who's waited for 8+ repops for a mob to come around to them :p (and quite honestly, you'll have some fanboys on the forum who'll back you all the way if you managed it).

dankzilla
03-21-2014, 08:29 PM
Basically, any guild on the server that kills a raid target will fall into one of two categories:

Class R
Class C

Class C has few restrictions. There are no mob lockouts, and as a Class C guild you are free to engage and kill as many Class C and FFA mobs as you'd like. You can''t touch Class R spawns (You'll know its a class R spawn by viewing the page at www.project1999.com/raid.php)

Class R guilds will receive a two class spawn lockout on any mob they kill. So if you kill CT, you cannot engage the next two Class R CT's, but you can engage the next FFA CT. You could also engage a Class C CT, but that would move you to Class C.

The staff doesn't specifically enforce a rotation among Class R. There are a list of rules on the bottom of the raid.php page that further details the terms for raiding here on Project 1999.

Hey der, Borf here. Clan Borf be grow strunger lately. Meez make new frunds and lotz dem do Borf quest ta becum an officur of Clan Borf!

Meez still dun no if weez Class C yet tho. Borf strung Orger kill da dragun Vox when she class C. Strung enchanter hero Noni almos kill da dum Maestro in da Hate too when he class C.

As up n cumin Class C guld Borf no want brake rulez. Can yooz clarifi if weez C or R?

Clan Borf haz two rulez:

1) If yooz want be in da clan jus ask Borf or any wun who do officur quest.
2) Any ting Clan Borf membur do iz raid, so every wun hav 100% raid tendance.

If yooz can clarifi fer Borv meez be gratefull.