PDA

View Full Version : Loginserver Changes

Rogean
03-23-2014, 02:30 AM
EQEmulator has completed a move to a new Loginserver system. In addition to many new features, our security has been vastly improved. The old system that was in place had been built over a decade ago with encryption methods that have since become insecure. Due to this system overhaul we recommend all players change their loginserver passwords. We may enforce a password change at some point so I suggest everyone perform this as soon as possible to prevent any delays in account access. If you plan to use the SMS System detailed below to recover access, it could take a week to process and should be done immediately.

The new system is accessible directly from the Project 1999 website. New players are no longer required to create an EQEmulator forum account. Instead, you can create a forum account on Project 1999, and manage your loginserver accounts from there.

Existing players can link their EQEmulator Forum Account to their Project 1999 Accounts, and then also manage their loginserver accounts from here.

The SMS System has been added, which will allow players to attach an SMS Number to their loginserver accounts. This can be used to recover loginserver passwords in any situation where they are not accessible.

I realize that there are some players who have lost access to their accounts, who may not be able to utilize this system to recover. We are looking into further methods of account recoveries. We are interested to hear these situations though. If you are one of these players, please post under the petition section (Use the Account Recovery prefix) and explain your situation in detail. Please include the following information at minimum: Do you currently have access to your EQEmulator Forum Account?

Do you currently have access to any of the Loginserver accounts associated with the EQEmulator Forum Account?

There may be further questions we will ask after you create your post.

If you are having problems logging in, please verify your eqhost.txt file contains the following:

[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

Imago
03-23-2014, 03:23 AM
Pras Rogean

Estu
03-23-2014, 08:32 AM
Hi, great stuff. Question - how do I link my EQEmulator account to my P99 account? Another thing - it says my loginserver username must be at most 15 characters when I try to create my already-existing account, but my current username is 16 characters.

Mirox
03-23-2014, 04:02 PM
Thank you so much !

Savok
03-23-2014, 07:01 PM
Hi, great stuff. Question - how do I link my EQEmulator account to my P99 account?

Its on the main page on the left.

Now I have a question. I setup my SMS number and it says that I need to verify via email but my email listed on the eqemulator site was an old one. I tried to change the email address but the system says its locked and I can't change the email address there. Stuck.

Edit: looks like I'm not alone: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37853

theG33K
03-24-2014, 07:54 AM
Thank you so very much, I no longer have server list issues running Linux (Ubuntu 12.04 & Wine 1.6.1) kudos to you and thank you so very much for all the hard work!

theG33K
03-24-2014, 08:22 AM
Used and verified the new security features. It worked flawlessly, I was even able to get back into a loginserver account I had been locked out of since the database issue. You sir, are THE man!

Rogean
03-24-2014, 09:14 AM
Now I have a question. I setup my SMS number and it says that I need to verify via email but my email listed on the eqemulator site was an old one. I tried to change the email address but the system says its locked and I can't change the email address there. Stuck.

As the messages should have told you, the SMS Number will become attached automatically after 7 days if the deny link is not clicked in the email (or immediately if the accept link is clicked).

mhoward48
03-24-2014, 08:48 PM
My server the Blue one is gone?

Thulack
03-24-2014, 09:00 PM
My server the Blue one is gone?

English?

Somekid123
03-24-2014, 09:20 PM
Im going to be one of the handful who doesn't have access to eqemu or email to original account, its on a piece of paper that was lost when I moved likely to never be seen again.

Would somehow logging in now before the forced change and verifying through a GM do any good? I guess the come-back would be it could be someone posing to be you, but if you trust someone with your password you should trust them not to try and high-jack the account they already have access to... right? :o

Whitedove
03-24-2014, 10:15 PM
English?

She means the blue Project 1999 server and not the red project 1999 server.

meghx
03-25-2014, 04:45 PM
Really thx , 2 y i try to get back my account ! THX !

Erati
03-25-2014, 05:31 PM
i dont see anywhere that we can change the email asociated with the emulator account

if this email becomes inactive or unavail.... can we not change passwords?

i have emulator login, is that enough to change or do the changes require email verification?

Reppy
03-27-2014, 09:52 AM
I am having some trouble with this, I just tried to login and i am unable to and I am looking for the place to change your password. Failed to find it :\, I have already Linked my account is there anything else I would need to do?

Hollywood
03-29-2014, 05:16 AM
What are the real benefits - if any - security wise, to linking your EQEMU login?
Wouldn't that add another layer of risk since the data exists on two databases instead of one?

Girthro
03-29-2014, 10:24 AM
I made a LOT of accounts when I started playing on the EZ server a bunch of years ago, I lost the LS info for all of them because I never thought that I would need it. I'm a lazy idiot, so I just used all the old LS accounts when I started on P99 and now I'm wondering if that means I'm going to lose all of my characters/accounts for P99 at least?

Kainzo
04-03-2014, 12:36 PM
It worked :D

Got my account back, wee!

Bill Tetley
04-15-2014, 01:27 PM
Existing players can link their EQEmulator Forum Account to their Project 1999 Accounts, and then also manage their loginserver accounts from here.

Where is this option? I can't find it in either my EQemu User CP or my Project1999 User CP. Also... once the accounts are linked am I then able to change loginserver password?

baalzy
04-15-2014, 01:45 PM
Where is this option? I can't find it in either my EQemu User CP or my Project1999 User CP. Also... once the accounts are linked am I then able to change loginserver password?

On the homepage for project1999 Click the "EQEmulator Link" link on the side below the 'Account System' heading

Melltes
04-19-2014, 11:04 PM
Rogean, you are a god among men. I would offer you my firstborn, but will settle for donating to the server when I have the cash to spare. I've missed my enchanter so much!

xshayla701
05-13-2014, 01:43 PM
I'm trying to link my EQEmulator Forum Account to my Project 1999 Account, but when I enter my info I get "EQEmulator Account has been secured with an SMS Number." Can I not do both? :confused: Sorry if this has already been explained somewhere, I couldn't find anything. Thanks.

Zuranthium
05-14-2014, 06:55 AM
I updated my log-in account and logged in and everything, for the first time this year, but I'm confused about how patching works now. Are the new patches just always linked to the "getting started" section? I didn't see any patch links in the recent patches, and there wasn't an auto-update when I loaded up the game, so I just downloaded whatever was linked in "getting started".

Light Walker
05-20-2014, 06:08 AM
Woops. I had posted my answer to rogean's 2 questions in here instead of my petition by accident. Sorry about that. Pasting that post in my petition. I am having it say "unverified account" whenever I do anything with the eqemulator.org website such as changing my account info, activating SMS, etc.

Darkyle
05-20-2014, 07:38 AM
goodluck getting any help here, they implemented a broken system and refuse to comment or help those who are having issues with the SMS verification.

georgie
07-18-2014, 02:41 AM
what if my email is deleted I need an email confirm

georgie
07-20-2014, 08:43 PM
bump

georgie
08-06-2014, 02:22 AM
the support is strong here

Derubael
08-09-2014, 04:38 PM
If you're having an issue with your account, post in the petition/exploit forum.

If you've already done so, please be patient. We are still working on a recovery system for people who have lost everything (e-mail, pw, etc). The system as it currently stands has taken care of 99% of the players who have used it, and we are working on a way to safely take care of the other 1% (you wouldn't want us to reset your e-mail/account to someone other than you!)