PDA

View Full Version : Do we just not do specialized names? :P

XDrake
08-14-2010, 12:33 AM
Back on live if you wanted a specialized name you had to send a /petition for it. :P

i.e. Names like X'Tarus or The Merry.

I have sent four petitions and have been online when they were cleared out of the que. Do we just not do that like they did in Classic?

Jeice
08-14-2010, 12:39 AM
you were never allowed surnames that were a "title" or spaces... Mc'Donald was about as far as you could go.

Itchybottom
08-14-2010, 12:42 AM
I had the surname "Dacrazy" for a while until some GM name stickler (not disimilar to Cyrius on this server) changed it. They were pretty adamant about not having your name form a sentence, violating a copyright, be offensive, or be fun in general. Itchybottom Stinkyfinger, was even renamed after enough complaints.

GM's here definitely will put a ` in your surname though. Be patient.

XDrake
08-14-2010, 01:15 AM
For the first six months you could use 'The' if it has a roleplay feel to it when they were strict about names in the beginning. I was Allamar The Crimson. :P They however said 'no' to it eventually and just let the handful of us that got this names keep them. You still needed approval for special characters like '.

Taluvill
08-14-2010, 03:02 AM
My buddies name on Ec'i was Terribletony Thetiger. He was a barbarian warrior. Well, easy to say that gm's changed his name.
So he went and changed his name to Terrible Spellar. They didnt like that either, although they laughed at both of them. he quit shortly afterward = (...

Eternal-Elf
08-14-2010, 04:42 AM
Lame

Sckrilla
08-14-2010, 08:20 AM
My petition requests to have a grave accent and/or apostrophe in my surname always gets deleted in game as well. Not sure if they continue to allow for such characters.

Messianic
08-14-2010, 09:11 AM
you were never allowed surnames that were a "title" or spaces... Mc'Donald was about as far as you could go.

I am so making a character named Ronald McDonald