PDA

View Full Version : LFG FORUM SECTION

Ganjar
03-25-2014, 07:46 AM
There needs to be a section for groups LFM or LFG. I love the idea of people advertising it and thibk more would use it and be aware of it as its own category. And save ur \who all lfgs for the revolution u neckbeards :eek:

innocent51
03-25-2014, 08:25 AM
the gw2lfg.com was awesome if anyone feels like coding one for us )

Porcoa
03-25-2014, 11:56 AM
They added "Starting Zone" recently. It's used for finding groups.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
03-25-2014, 12:00 PM
There needs to be a section for groups LFM or LFG. I love the idea of people advertising it and thibk more would use it and be aware of it as its own category. And save ur \who all lfgs for the revolution u neckbeards :eek:

1) hit back.
2) click "starting zone"
3) peruse posts
4) start thread
5) answer pm's
6) ???????
7) profit

Lyrith
03-25-2014, 12:02 PM
1) hit back.
2) click "starting zone"
3) peruse posts
4) start thread
5) answer pm's
6) ???????
7) profit

Time to go to work, work all day, work for forum posts hey!

Ganjar
03-25-2014, 12:04 PM
1) hit back.
2) click "starting zone"
3) peruse posts
4) start thread
5) answer pm's
6) ???????
7) profit

I see trolls have become more clever with timez! Booooo! to this "Starting Zone". I see 1 LFG from yesterday lol, and who looks at starting zone anyways?? U go straight to Server Chat always, or maybe EC Tunnel. LFG section would be really popular.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
03-25-2014, 12:07 PM
I could post like a normal human being but that would be boring. Post in there and don't be afraid to be forward about your grouping intentions.

Can't count the number of tells I've sent to random in-range people that have led to some amazing groups.

Happy hunting and good luck

Lamil
03-25-2014, 12:24 PM
I see trolls have become more clever with timez! Booooo! to this "Starting Zone". I see 1 LFG from yesterday lol, and who looks at starting zone anyways?? U go straight to Server Chat always, or maybe EC Tunnel. LFG section would be really popular.

So you would go to a LFG section but you won't check a Starting zone section...:confused:

Nikon
03-25-2014, 01:26 PM
Can't count the number of tells I've sent to random in-range people that have led to some amazing groups.

This exactly. When I log on and am not immediately interested in starting my own group I check my friend list and send tells to any that may have a group I can join. Then, I /who all <exp zone in level range> and start sending tells to the applicable classes in the zones that I might be able to replace. Works almost every time within a half hour or so. (note that some people that don't respond to my initial tell are the ones that reply with a spot 20 minutes later) In the mean time, I find something to solo or help out a newbie. It's not rocket science, and you don't need global /ooc or a LFG tool. You meet people that way, too. I also make sure to tell people that I enjoy grouping with or that helped me get a group to put me on their friend list for future groups. Some people don't think about doing that unless you actually tell them to. A little effort goes a long way. And IMHO, spamming LFG in /ooc in EC or one random zone is not real effort.

Swish
03-25-2014, 01:29 PM
Picked up a couple of extras in HS last week, turned two good small groups into an amazing group. Sometimes a LFG section just holds you back, a crucial class won't turn up, or something comes up at the last minute.

Faerie
03-25-2014, 01:32 PM

At least you guys got a "Starting Zone" forum. Stop complaining!

Glenzig
03-25-2014, 01:33 PM
OMG!!! Porcoa!!! You're a bread head??? Awesome.