PDA

View Full Version : Need some think-tank help with crafting

Sylexis
03-25-2014, 01:13 PM
I've been writing up some tradeskill walkthroughs for the coldain ring and shawl quests and have run across a tradeskill question that I cannot find the answer to. I was hoping the hivemind here could help me with it.

We all know that a higher wis/int/primary stat increases the chance of a skillup in a combine, but if the EQ traders calculator (http://www.eqtraders.com/calculators/main.php?menustr=130000000000) is to be believed, the chance of skillup on a successful combine vs a failure, is nearly 2/1.

Can anyone tell me if this is true on p99 as well?

It's all well and good to skill up on a recipe that's cheap and readily available even if it's trivial is 100 points away, but if I'll skill up twice as fast by staying close to the trivial levels and succeeding on the combines all the time, it would likely make a difference in how I go about skilling up.

Thoughts?

Thulack
03-25-2014, 01:25 PM
If your staying close to trivials there is no need to worry about int/wis/primary stat as the stats only effect your skillup rate on failures.

Sylexis
03-25-2014, 01:26 PM
If your staying close to trivials there is no need to worry about int/wis/primary stat as the stats only effect your skillup rate on failures.

Again, that is not the case if the calculator is true. The question that I do not know is whether or not it's classic and applies to P99 (and am unsure how to go about searching for the answer).

With a skill of 100, and a trivial combine of 200, and a primary stat of 200, the chance of success is 5% (which we know based on the formula on the wiki. What's throwing me for a loop is the results on the chance of skillup on success which is showing as 50%, and on failure: 25%. Those numbers are exactly halved with only 100 to my primary stat. But that's not too hard to comprehend or be surprised by (more primary stat = more skillups, that's a given). What I am surprised by is the doubled chance of skillup on a success vs a failed combine. That's what I did not know and am wondering if it's really true.

Thulack
03-25-2014, 01:47 PM
You've always had a much greater chance of a skillup on a success vs a failure. So thinking and seeing that it's double the chance is easy to believe atleast to me. My tradeskilling experience is 2 toons on live with 300 in all skills and 8 toons here with pottery in the 130ish range and 1 toon skills higher triv then everything for the shawl.

Sylexis
03-25-2014, 02:03 PM
Okay. I think that answered my question, thanks Thulack!