PDA

View Full Version : OT Hammer Quest, how many needed for Ikky War CT? + more

VincentVolaju
03-29-2014, 11:01 PM
So Ive been killing berserkers in OT for the braids to hand in for rep to get the OT hammer. Someone told me I only need to kill about 60 or so berserkers, someone else told me as an CT deity ikky warrior Id need like 500 or something and I shouldnt bother doing it.

Just wondering if there is anyone that can confirm one or the other? Also, where do I turn the braids into? I read on wiki its Captain Rottgrime, but when I go to the docks I dont see him anywhere, and everything in there is KOS to me. Is there some other kind of way I am supposed to hand in, or will Captain Rottgrime be the only thing thats NOT kos?

Asap
03-30-2014, 06:15 AM
As an Iksar, you start off with the lowest possible faction. I'd imagine 500ish is not far off. It's much easier (and less time consuming) to save up 2 or 3k and buy the MQ.

HeallunRumblebelly
03-30-2014, 01:31 PM
I mean, there's lots of strings services... Could probably even beg one if you knew the right people :P

Kender
03-30-2014, 10:27 PM
i handed in over 2000 on my ikky monk. that was before they changed FD handin though (i had handed in about 50 with sneak run fd before i found out about FD handin)

VincentVolaju
03-30-2014, 11:08 PM
i handed in over 2000 on my ikky monk. that was before they changed FD handin though (i had handed in about 50 with sneak run fd before i found out about FD handin)

Cab you explain whatever you mean by that? Cause I am considering monk instead. Do you just mean run to the dude, FD, hand in 4x at a time, you have to do alot less?

Incubo
03-31-2014, 01:31 PM
buy strings or just tag along when someone is killing tal, gore or sev for the faction hit. I must have turned in about 200-300 braids and I went from dubious to dubious. HAH.

baalzy
03-31-2014, 02:16 PM
Cab you explain whatever you mean by that? Cause I am considering monk instead. Do you just mean run to the dude, FD, hand in 4x at a time, you have to do alot less?

He's talking about the fact that it's hard to turn in to a mob when it's trying to beat your brains in. As a monk you could FD and hand-in (that doesn't work now I don't think). Other strategy is to run up to him and FD behind him, so when he resets you can stand+sneak (making him indiff) and then hand-in. It was just easier to do when all you had to do was FD.

Sneaking/FD'ing doesn't affect the total amount that needs to be handed in. I'm not sure if it's even possible to do the braids quest as a Warrior now, since you don't get faction hits completing quests if the mob is charmed. I guess you could try to tag kunark dragons when they're being killed until you're non-kos, or become VP keyed and raid in there to get faction hits. Amulet of Necropotence or having a necro hit you with Ignite bones (short-term skeleton illusion) *might* bump you up so you're not kos anymore.

As others have said: It will be a LOT less time consuming just to farm 2-3k pp and buy a puppet string charge.

Malone88
03-31-2014, 05:11 PM
I believe you have to be amiable to do OT hammer quest.

FD and Sneak won't work.

loramin
03-31-2014, 05:19 PM
I believe you have to be amiable to do OT hammer quest.

FD and Sneak won't work.

Right, but I think what they're talking about is using FD/Sneak to turn in the braids to get you the faction to get the OT hammer.

*EDIT* ... if you're a masochist who refuses to just pay the 3k for a puppet strings rental.

Malone88
03-31-2014, 05:32 PM
Ah right, sorry. FD/Sneak should work for braid turn-ins.

Hoping I don't have too many braids left to turn in with my DE rogue.
Am at indiff now.

fastboy21
03-31-2014, 07:49 PM
by the time you will be high enough lvl to get the hammer to proc you will have a much easier time just farming the plat to pay for the puppet string service. the price only keeps dropping too...

i wouldn't waste your time doing faction on an item you can functionally just buy for a pretty cheap price.

baalzy
03-31-2014, 08:15 PM
Factioning only really makes sense if you're solo leveling in OT on a class/race combo that doesn't start completely screwed to OT faction. Like a dark elf mage/wiz

bulbousaur
04-01-2014, 01:42 PM
Ogre shaman here - I soloed enough braids to get to amiable. About 160 I believe?

loramin
04-01-2014, 03:24 PM
I mean, there's lots of strings services... Could probably even beg one if you knew the right people :P

If anyone knows the right people, this barbarian is happy to beg ;)

HeallunRumblebelly
04-01-2014, 04:15 PM

Hit Zoesha when he's on. He's a softy. (rekreants, uhh, other chars). Pretty sure Ploktor has a pair. Any TMO officer, really.

Zoesha
04-01-2014, 09:44 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141271

lecompte
04-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Tell Zoesha the sob story about how you're young and have been sending all your money home to cabalis to feed your straving Iksar young because your mother and father died to a Froglok Hunter many moons ago.

And then... say all you have is 500pp :X

loramin
04-02-2014, 07:08 PM

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141271

Shoot, forget begging: if prices are down to 2.5k even this broke-ass barbarian can afford one :)