PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tested Intimidation changes last patch?

eqgoose
04-02-2014, 04:05 PM
I'm still leveling up my Monk and haven't reached intimidation yet, saw these latest patch notes: (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144205):

Haynar: Instill Doubt/Intimidation skill should now behave more "classic".
Haynar: You can now get skillups using Intimidation/Instill Doubt skill from a distance.
Haynar: A successful intimidation/instill doubt at a distance, will now show that you are too far away.
Haynar: A successful intimidation/instill doubt will now drop sneak and hide.

I remember seeing intimidation land quite a bit while playing with other Monks prior to this patch, and am curious on how much it has changed based on player testing. Has anyone noticed a big difference?

Scikala
04-02-2014, 04:06 PM
I don't notice a huge difference in it landing and my skill tended to be max. But it's got a "casting" time so to speak now, so its a little more annoying.

But unless its a low blue, the success seems pretty slim.

SirAlvarex
04-02-2014, 06:21 PM
At 47 it still lands on most blues regularly. It just doesn't fire until the end of the animation, which can be annoying.

Ghatanothoa
04-02-2014, 07:10 PM
It just doesn't fire until the end of the animation, which can be annoying.

Classic intimidation right there.

I haven't had a chance to test since I just rolled a monk on red and he's only lvl 10 but can you skill up on bankers etc. safely like classic?

Cecily
04-02-2014, 08:28 PM
It's much closer to classic than it was. I'm happy with the change.

Haynar
04-02-2014, 08:37 PM
Classic intimidation right there.

I haven't had a chance to test since I just rolled a monk on red and he's only lvl 10 but can you skill up on bankers etc. safely like classic?
You can skill it up on about anyone. Just beware, if you are close enough to land it.

H

snoopiku
04-03-2014, 08:27 AM
Once I hit 18 on my monk, I would run through zones clicked on a guard or a higher level mob and just spam intimidate while running through Cab, FoB, WW, etc. Got that skill up real quick. Also, using it to solo in OT @ 22 and on giants in WW and it works fairly often, at least it seems to. It goes off every other fight at least, and can sometimes go off multiple times in a row. Yesterday I had 3 mobs in a row that did about 5% damage to me as I had them feared the whole time. Of course, it didn't go off the next 3 fights in a row and ended with about 15% after fighting a tiger. Stupid RNG.

williestargell
04-03-2014, 03:44 PM
34 rogue. worked zero times for me last night soloing mostly light blues.

Cecily
04-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Oh cute, a soloing rogue. :D
The skill is supposed to be unreliable.

Haynar
04-03-2014, 04:56 PM
34 rogue. worked zero times for me last night soloing mostly light blues.
Didn't go off on either of the 2 mobs you managed to solo?

Hmmmm.

Ele
04-03-2014, 05:12 PM
lol

HawkMasterson1999
04-09-2014, 11:58 PM
How hard would it be to get the classic name back on the button and in the menu's? Instill doubt > Intimidation

Byrjun
04-11-2014, 08:52 AM
Oh cute, a soloing rogue. :D
The skill is supposed to be unreliable.

I don't think it'd be too difficult to solo up to 60 as long as you have a fungi and a Ragebringer. I think the solo exp I got at DL yetis from about 35ish to 47 was faster than just about any other class could produce for those levels. And then from there I was able to solo Spirocs in TD and the exp was still pretty good. I can still solo DBs at 60, but it can get dicey if Intimidate fails a lot.

Rhambuk
04-11-2014, 08:55 AM
It shouldn't allow for backstabs, Intimidation/Instill Doubt.

I used it a decent amount of live but in later expansions where higher level mobs were unfearable it would act as an instant interrupt

Rhambuk
04-11-2014, 09:08 AM
d d d duh

ID Shares a timer with backstab. I always think they don't work together but its the hotkey being depressed.

move along

Rhambuk
04-11-2014, 09:10 AM
ahhhh okay here we go

(note the first backstab after a successful ID will not work... it's a bug)
From

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2851

thats where i get the idea it doesn't work, or didn't on live

Cecily
04-11-2014, 11:13 AM
I explained that the last time we talked about this. The whole point of fearing something is to backstab it, silly.

Use backstab as extra melee attack from front
Hit ID
Backstab still greyed out when ID fear check happens = fail.

Autofailing backstab though is kinda vauge. The skill doesn't exactly fail. Nothing happens when you press the button? You miss? What.
Recreating bugs would be stupid.

Cecily
04-11-2014, 11:38 AM
I don't think it'd be too difficult to solo up to 60 as long as you have a fungi and a Ragebringer. I think the solo exp I got at DL yetis from about 35ish to 47 was faster than just about any other class could produce for those levels. And then from there I was able to solo Spirocs in TD and the exp was still pretty good. I can still solo DBs at 60, but it can get dicey if Intimidate fails a lot.

When you start looking at needing exp from mobs who hit your rogue with very nice gear for 100+ doubles and your rogue with 2200ish hit points from that very nice gear needs to deal 6k damage from the front to kill before those 100+ doubles hit 22 times... Yeah I think it would be pretty damn difficult. Get creative with root poison and warlord's rage or get a group lol.

Leveling isn't so much killing something, it's killing it efficiently.

Rhambuk
04-11-2014, 12:49 PM
I explained that the last time we talked about this.

haha yeah i remembered too late ;p

I have no idea what they meant when it doesn't go off, if the ability greys or theres no message i just pulled it from their forums.

I always liked spirit of sloth, NICE slow and snare seems win win if you're trying to solo with ID

supres
05-03-2014, 04:49 PM
You're right on byrjun. Soloing with a rogue up to 50 is lightning fast. It's a shame when noobs make fun of what they think is impossible because they can't handle it themselves.

Imago
05-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Intimidation works fine. Just gotta have crazy skill for it to work on anything in range.

Cecily
05-03-2014, 09:45 PM
You're right on byrjun. Soloing with a rogue up to 50 is lightning fast. It's a shame when noobs make fun of what they think is impossible because they can't handle it themselves.

He said solo to 60. Also I don't think a ragebringer fungi twink really counts as a rogue. It's something altogether different and much, much lower dps b/c casters make terrible melees usually.