PDA

View Full Version : Is healing/buffing/dispelling an engaged guard allowed?

tristantio
04-02-2014, 04:55 PM
If we see our town's guards under attack, is it possible to heal/buff/dispel them (per our time period, it should be) via game mechanics?

If so, is it allowed per policy to do this, or is this considered kill stealing or something?

myxomatosii
04-02-2014, 04:57 PM
If we see our town's guards under attack, is it possible to heal/buff/dispel them (per our time period, it should be) via game mechanics?

If so, is it allowed per policy to do this, or is this considered kill stealing or something?

probably goes into the same category as druids charming sowing and otherwise buffing low lvl animals in noobie zones. aka i don't know.

Joyelle
04-02-2014, 05:23 PM
I don't believe you are able to heal or buff npcs unless you charm them. Dispell you could do but it will put you on the agro (and negative faction) list.

lecompte
04-02-2014, 05:46 PM
I don't believe you are able to heal or buff npcs unless you charm them. Dispell you could do but it will put you on the agro (and negative faction) list.

I don't think that is true. Dispell isn't considered an offensive ability. It is the same catagory with Harmony, lands on friend and foe alike.

SwordNboard
04-02-2014, 05:47 PM
Would if be griefing, you mean?

lecompte
04-02-2014, 05:49 PM

Sorry, should have answered this post. Trying to troll other people's kills on Blue would be frowned upon; do as you will on red.

Frieza_Prexus
04-02-2014, 05:49 PM
If the guard is engaged and you help the NPC, that will fall under griefing.

Charming and buffing an NPC is much more of a gray area. It's probably frowned upon, but I will admit that I've gone to Oasis and made ROBO-CROC more than once.

Fame
04-02-2014, 07:27 PM
sounds fun, on blue, so probably not

tristantio
04-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Hmm, per original EQ timeline guards are supposed to be healable/buffable by friendlies until beyond 2003 (I just found some old 2003 posts and older talking about doing this).

As it's protecting one's own race, and guards are specifically allowed to be healed (vs standard mobs which couldn't be unless charmed) it seems like original devs intended players to protect their town's guards?

Note, not something I would do, but I do like to see accuracy on the timeline :)

lecompte
04-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Bug report it. It maybe one of the unfixables.

Asap
04-02-2014, 09:52 PM
From a role playing standpoint, if your cities guards are under attack, you should be allowed to help them out via buffs/dispelling. That's not grief, it's role playing!

Cecily
04-02-2014, 10:27 PM
From a role playing standpoint, if your cities guards are under attack, you should be allowed to help them out via buffs/dispelling. That's not grief, it's role playing!

Quite a few people have tried to use RPing as an excuse for being an asshole. It's not.

jarshale
04-02-2014, 11:30 PM

What do you think this is? Some kind of... role playing game?

Colgate
04-03-2014, 02:41 AM
I don't think that is true. Dispell isn't considered an offensive ability. It is the same catagory with Harmony, lands on friend and foe alike.

naw i use pumice to pull shit all the time

Frug
04-03-2014, 07:23 AM
sounds fun, on blue, so probably not

You have become better at Passive Aggressive! (233)

arsenalpow
04-03-2014, 08:16 AM
naw i use pumice to pull shit all the time

Yup, VP cancel magic stick is great for pulling

baalzy
04-03-2014, 12:39 PM
Yup, VP cancel magic stick is great for pulling

Depending on where you're pulling, it's like doing 300-500 dmg on pull without having to worry about getting summoned. Then you get to add the initial hate cap on top as some delicious gravy.

stewe
04-03-2014, 04:18 PM

This is not a RP server nor is Blue a PvP server so if you are healing and buffing a mob that someone else has engaged just so the guard lives and the person dies cause of it, it is griefing. U want to save guards go to red or find a Emulated RP server.

feste
04-04-2014, 10:34 AM
This is not a RP server nor is Blue a PvP server so if you are healing and buffing a mob that someone else has engaged just so the guard lives and the person dies cause of it, it is griefing. U want to save guards go to red or find a Emulated RP server.

I think RP servers were not OG everquest they expected it on every server. Friona vie was 2000 something