PDA

View Full Version : Crushbone is packed

qombi
04-03-2014, 11:37 PM
and I never can find a group there when on my enchanter. I do not have much play time during the week. I usually sit LFG for about an hour then log off. How would you recommend finding groups for playtime? Anyone have found any clever ideas that seem to work?

Tann
04-03-2014, 11:54 PM
you're an enchanter, solo!!! if nothing else for that hour lfg kill some blues with your animation.

tristantio
04-03-2014, 11:55 PM
You have to message and make a group, people won't message you!

qombi
04-04-2014, 12:01 AM

I usually do ooc for group during that time. I really enjoy grouping so solo isn't really an option. I was just curious if anyone has found a clever way to format groups or find them.

rollin5k
04-04-2014, 12:01 AM
slash who the zone, pick some people that are close in your level range then send them a tell
sample tell : hey (7) enchanter here, want to group up for some xp?

oddibemcd
04-04-2014, 12:08 AM
Sounds like Emperor Crush

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

Boned you.

(⌐■_■)

Kekephee
04-04-2014, 01:19 AM
Sounds like Emperor Crush

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

Boned you.

(⌐■_■)

Strongly encouraging you to only post things like this for as long as you can

Your work is appreciated

Lisset
04-04-2014, 03:23 AM
Being an enchanter sucks big time until you get breeze at 16. You have exactly one benefit and that's mez and the vast majority of the time it isn't needed at that level. Just trudge it until then and life will get better, I promise.

Fame
04-04-2014, 03:56 AM
Crushbone never packed on red.

Frug
04-04-2014, 07:47 AM

Yeah, this actually works very well. "Level <X> Group, LFM..." You get so many tells that no one knows/cares that you were solo when you started.

snoopiku
04-04-2014, 08:49 AM
I will reinforce that you have to message people. Run around the zone and see if things are camped, then message someone in that group. In CB, check the TR, wall, slaver pits, slaver caves, and trainer hill. If one person is soloing something, like trainer hill, ask if they want to duo. Don't just /lfg, sit at the entrance, and spam every 5 minutes. It rarely works.

Edit: Also, as an enchanter, your pet works pretty good until level 12 or so. If you have the spare plat, chain cast pets against things like legos when you can.

Swish
04-04-2014, 08:51 AM
you're an enchanter, solo!!! if nothing else for that hour lfg kill some blues with your animation.

Not so easy under 12.

I would try the goblin camps in Butcherblock (maybe take 1-2 other lfg people) or the mobs outside the minotaur cave in Steamfont if you're around L10-12.

Swish
04-04-2014, 08:55 AM
I will reinforce that you have to message people. Run around the zone and see if things are camped, then message someone in that group

People have the new LFG meta down to a fine art by the time they get to City of Mist. It goes a little something like this:-

1. Turn up to a group and make sure all 6 group members have seen you there, send tells.
2. Type "/raise"... this will raise your arm into the air, pointing them to your LFG status.
3. Help them kill mobs while you're waiting, practice weapon skills that aren't maxed etc.
4. Are you a monk/SK/necro? Well this is a bonus, you need to feign death continuously where the fights happen...and if you need to afk, just flop down in front of the casters (not behind them, as they might not notice you so much).

LFG 101 right there ;)

Mercurial
04-04-2014, 10:40 AM
People have the new LFG meta down to a fine art by the time they get to City of Mist. It goes a little something like this:-

1. Turn up to a group and make sure all 6 group members have seen you there, send tells.
2. Type "/raise"... this will raise your arm into the air, pointing them to your LFG status.
3. Help them kill mobs while you're waiting, practice weapon skills that aren't maxed etc.
4. Are you a monk/SK/necro? Well this is a bonus, you need to feign death continuously where the fights happen...and if you need to afk, just flop down in front of the casters (not behind them, as they might not notice you so much).

LFG 101 right there ;)

Pretty much that in terms of grouping. But in terms of soloing pre -16, I'm playing a new enchanter myself and am not finding much trouble with my max level pet out , lots of enchanters I've seen around me I've noticed usually kill with their weaker pet out

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
04-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Your pet tanks super well at level 8. Let me help you with this:

1) Purchase rusty 2h axe or sword from vendor.
2) go to lfay bandit camp.
3) summon max level pet.
4) give pet weapon.
5) split camp with calm.
6) agro joust (let pet take agro and swoop in after every enemy attack to get a stab in).
7) ???????????
8) level 12 with cash
9) the all-important profit step

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
04-04-2014, 10:50 AM
ZEM means nothing if there is nothing to kill. In fact, it makes it that much more boring because you have insane downtime.

There are very few places with good ZEM and low population on blue. Find someplace with an abundance of creatures and lower ZEM and just mass-slaughter. The truly adventurous will go where no one wants to go (befallen anyone?).

Swish
04-04-2014, 11:48 AM
ZEM means nothing if there is nothing to kill. In fact, it makes it that much more boring because you have insane downtime.

Yep, see Kurns as an example. My iksar SK was XP'ing quicker outside Kurns at the ramp than he was running around for ages inside looking for mobs.

Server is filling up in all newbie zones, try not to be picky...go somewhere new/quiet.

bulbousaur
04-04-2014, 01:30 PM
Also you can start with just a duo. Find someone else that may be lfg, or is soloing or struggling to solo, and ask to group. Then you can add others.

Champion_Standing
04-04-2014, 05:23 PM
I usually do ooc for group during that time. I really enjoy grouping so solo isn't really an option. I was just curious if anyone has found a clever way to format groups or find them.

If you don't immediately get a tell when you announce that you are LFG your best bet is to start one up yourself, start sending tells and inviting people that look like they are soloing.

Another issue for an enchanter is that like 80% of the people that play them on this server roll High Elf, last time I was grouping in CB every group had 2 enchanters.

Quineloe
04-04-2014, 05:49 PM
Crushbone never packed on red.

yeah right, though what's the difference between LFG at zone line with 20 players in the zone and 1 player in the zone?

khailibowen
04-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Message people with /tell and ask if they are interested in grouping. Check the player listing in the zone for anyone else LFG. I have seen multiple people OOC for groups, then when I check the player list there are 3 others LFG and for whatever reason they don't seem to meet up. Sometimes the same people OOC for groups over and over and never meet up.

khailibowen
04-04-2014, 06:58 PM
I found this link to be very helpful. If crushbone isn't working for you, maybe another place here is good.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide

I don't remember who to give credit too, but it was posted on a message forum a week or so ago.

After an evening in CB I moved to steamfont near the minotaur caves and have had great experience.

Marglar
04-04-2014, 06:58 PM
people are lazy and often don't want the duties of being a group leader. if you're willing to, it's very easy to get your own groups going.

loramin
04-04-2014, 07:05 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide

I don't remember who to give credit too, but it was posted on a message forum a week or so ago.

The guide is a community effort, so no one person deserves the credit ... but as the creator of that guide I'll happily bask in the glory of seeing my work posted :D

Incidentally, I just added a new spot (the goblin camps in Butcherblock) as a result of Swish mentioning them earlier in this thread.

qombi
04-04-2014, 07:26 PM
sorry for the double post

qombi
04-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Thanks for all the tips. I am going to try putting it to practice tonight.

Tann
04-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Your pet tanks super well at level 8.

the only problem with that being Level 8 and onward animation spells are in HHK, bit of a run from gfay. Unless the wiki is wrong, I couldn't find them elsewhere so I picked up lv8-24 pets on my last run through HHK.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
04-04-2014, 08:13 PM
the only problem with that being Level 8 and onward animation spells are in HHK, bit of a run from gfay. Unless the wiki is wrong, I couldn't find them elsewhere so I picked up lv8-24 pets on my last run through HHK.

It's not wrong. They're in hhk. Find a generous Druid who can port you to Ek then run like a bugger and gate home.