PDA

View Full Version : sick of guk

Arclanz
08-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Anyone have a hankering for CT?? lvl 22 chanter lfg (Played a chanter lots on live)

On live, I bounced around from dungeon to dungeon thanks to my wayward friends. Did them all but eventually settled in Cazic thulle and then onto Lower Guk. Spent the majority of my time in those two with my main.

So, while I did do upper guk for a little bit on live, I've done it much moreso here. I'm sick of upper guk atm and would love to do CT. But that zone seems pretty empty on p99; byo

Dantes
08-16-2010, 05:16 PM
I'd be down to hit up CT, 26/war. But I probably won't be in game until Thursday. I gained several levels in my 30s at CT on live, it's a fun zone. I remember getting lost a lot, and lots of healing lizards who took forever to kill. I'm sure people ignore it because of the ZEM, but when there's plenty of mobs to fight and nobody else around, great exp can still be had.

davedeck42
08-16-2010, 06:03 PM
spent waaaay too much time in CT on live, love that zone.

Jeice
08-16-2010, 06:54 PM
i miss CT.

Wenai
08-16-2010, 10:18 PM
Judicators suck.. that is all.

Messianic
08-17-2010, 09:38 AM
I'll totally do CT...I miss the flaming ball of death and danger that is CT...

Arclanz
08-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Indeed Judicator's do suk. in fact I died in CT once on this server; thanks to a Judicator.

So the ZEM sux in CT compared to upper guk??

Busy week / weekend for me too coming up; but will probably be online and look for ya Dantes.

Swirl, the lvl 22 Enchanter
Calming, the lvl 1 Cleric (one of these days...)

Virtuosos
08-17-2010, 11:54 AM
CT Temple through the maze is perfect.....you pull and climb up one side, get to top, retrace steps down, mobs are repopping now.

nonstop pulling

Dantes
08-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Yeah, the zones with a high ZEM seem to be the most popular, go figure. Here's the list:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3977&postcount=42

Striiker
08-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Yeah, the zones with a high ZEM seem to be the most popular, go figure. Here's the list:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3977&postcount=42

I was chatting with a dev on IRC a few weeks ago and he pointed out that the ZEM's on that thread are completely wrong. He pointed out that no zones have a 2.x multiplier for example..
Having said that, people figure out which zones offer the best XP/kill and will often gravitate to those zones provided that they aren't too difficult to get to. An exception to people flocking to a high XP zone is SolA. SolA is so very often empty even though it has amazing XP. The only people I see in there tend to be soloers (which I wind up falling into this category) , farming lvl 50's, and power levelers. I guess people feel SolA is too difficult to get to?

Virtuosos
08-17-2010, 12:24 PM
kedge keep striiker....dont forget kedge keep

and when i was leveling, sol a was beyond popular. 30+people in it at all times

Dantes
08-17-2010, 12:26 PM
There seems to be a shred of truth to some of it, because I notice a difference with some zones. It's usually not worth it because those zones are crowded and you can't pull mobs non-stop anyway. (Unrest)

Lately, SolA has been busy. I went there the last couple times I logged on to grind EXP. It's a welcome change from guk. I haven't been in Najena yet, which is also high on that list. I assume it's dead most of the time? Nobody ever talks about it or asks me to go there. Maybe people just don't like the whole keys/traps thing?

Messianic
08-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Maybe people just don't like the whole keys/traps thing?

It's not conducive to the min-maxer mentality of many in the server, myself included ;)

I dunno though, i suspect the exp you could get from najena is quite good. However, many don't know what they're doing in Najena (myself included). Easy place to get stuck doing a difficult CR and lose precious grinding time.

Tenurn
08-17-2010, 02:43 PM
CT Temple through the maze is perfect.....you pull and climb up one side, get to top, retrace steps down, mobs are repopping now.

Are you talking about maze or 4C?

4C we normally camp the north wall pull from temple.

Arclanz
08-18-2010, 03:30 PM
I Love Sol A even though it's insta train central. I did not spend much time on my mains in Sol A, other than my wizard (4th character I made). I spent a lot of time in Najena and knew it quite well. Fun zone and back then jboots used to drop there so it was always busy. Najena was probably evacuated immediately after jboots were removed from Drezla's loot table. Najena for the FBR would be nice; though she was a very rare spawn back in the day.