PDA

View Full Version : Hello! New Player to the project here!

Vlaid
04-08-2014, 05:04 AM
Greetings bitter, jaded and joyless dwellers of the past! I've come to check out a true return to EQ1. Recently was checking out EQ1 again and was, to put it bluntly, massively disappointed in many of the changes since I last played in Velious/right before Luclin.

So here I am, here to traverse through the annals of my favorite games from my youth. Thinking of playing either a rogue or wizard (the two classes I played back then). Expect to see me IG on one of the following names when I get everything setup in the next day or so:

Frunk, Vlaid, Morbrew, Efrain.

Friendly sort of fellow with a lot of free time to waste. Feel free to PM me and yell at me for hours about how I picked the wrong race, I'm all about gaming hipsterism :D

P.S. Yes I know how painful both rogue and wizard will be to level. That's half the fun.

P.P.S. I am sad the Red server is not following the racial group ruleset. Fun times with the midgets alliance.

snoopiku
04-08-2014, 08:19 AM
Rogue isn't bad at all, from what I am told. Just get a couple decent weapons and join groups. Rogues are always welcome to groups for dps. As for wizards...thats a bit of a different story...

Good luck!

skorge
04-08-2014, 09:43 AM
welcome to the server! both classes are awesome, like snoopiku said rogues will always be welcome to groups for their dps...wizards will be harder to land group spots but can start soloing good when they can quad

Ingrum
04-08-2014, 09:43 AM
Hail and welcome back to Norrath!

You'll be fine rolling whatever class that you find the most enjoyable but in my opinion there's plenty of arse pokers sneaking around these days! Could always use a few more Wizards, only grouped with 1 when leveling a character from 0 to 50 recently, and as a first char you will be pretty self sufficient, not very gear dependent, and more sought after for ports and for raids.

That's my 2cp! Best of luck on your new adventures!

Kellek
04-08-2014, 11:17 AM
Welcome, and a hearty Ni to you!

Hope you enjoy yourself as much as I have!

deadlycupcakez
04-08-2014, 03:49 PM
i am very fond of wizards and find them exceptional in group situations, also so much fun to quad, just dont forget about using Harvest!

as for rogue... they get very quick xp which is really fun and lets be real they can put the hurt on.:D

Ravager
04-08-2014, 05:01 PM
As long as you're social and like to group, Rogues on this server are easy mode, even the untwinked ones.

Pitter
04-08-2014, 06:01 PM
Welcome back to Norrath!

Vlaid
04-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Well ended up going with a dwarf rogue, Morbrew. Someone was nice enough to hand me few bags of banded mail to get me started so not a bad start.

And yeah I love to group, that's the primary reason I was lured back. I miss the focus on grouping to do stuff a lot. Still getting used to navigating and finding my way around without a map again. Fun stuff.

baalzy
04-09-2014, 11:39 AM
If you're on tonight around 8pm PST I can give you a http://wiki.project1999.com/Goblin_Backstabber if you need a decent weapon.

Sidelle
04-09-2014, 11:55 AM
Hi and welcome. :)

As long as you're social and like to group, Rogues on this server are easy mode, even the untwinked ones.

^^True story.