PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Everquest..

Tipsyer
04-12-2014, 10:06 PM
Been in the '99 world for a few weeks now and decided it was time to get a bit active on these forums.

I played live seriously from '01 to '05 and really stepped away early '06. Played a bard on the Cazic Thule server named Arhok. Was wondering if there were any old timey CT'ers who may have found their way here. :)

Being back has been a huge nostalgia smack in the face, and it's been pretty awesome. Playing a mage when scheduling permits and just getting my feet wet again in Norrath. So far so good!

Anywho, thought I'd stop in and say hi.

Rhambuk
04-12-2014, 10:09 PM
Welcome sir, i played on CT from 00-05 was a dwarf rogue named kinamur, in black circle of fear and then exhumed, played euro times mostly back then. afraid i don't quite recognize the name but good to see another CT.

no big deal but i noticed you said youd only been here a few weeks and yet you're forum account join date is 011? makes my brain twinge

Tipsyer
04-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I noticed that after I posted...
Seems I tried to get reconnected to the EQ world back in the college days. Odd, because I have no recollection of playing back then. Those years were quite hazy, but I think this is something i'd remember (and fondly).

Good to see another CT, as well! Kinamur sound vaguely familir but I definitely remember Exhumed.

IIRC, i was in Loyal Defenders and Legacy of Darkness.

Rhambuk
04-12-2014, 10:22 PM
I remember those guilds, not sure how many other CTers we have here currently but this was filled out a while ago, not up to date at all.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=60134&postcount=1

Bregan D'earth (sorry if i mispelled haha) reformed here as well, though I don't think they have any current members from the live guild

Tipsyer
04-12-2014, 10:28 PM
I knew the name Bregan sounded way too familiar! Ha, nice.

I think they were one of the few roleplay guilds back in the day...
Harbringers of Gambozia was one as well, and fairly certain early Legacy of Darkness as well.

Here I am thinking i've taken all the nostalgia I can get and alas, there is more!

Rhambuk
04-12-2014, 10:30 PM
garbonza was all iksar right?

if you knew breakex or Knivex he plays here randomly also, was in bcof exhumed.

Tipsyer
04-12-2014, 10:38 PM
Does sound about right with the all iksar thing..

I definitely remember Clockwork Tinkerer's Union being a gnome only guild back then, too.

Nope, don't remember him.

Rhambuk
04-12-2014, 10:43 PM
HA CTU! that was a great one.

well when p99 first started we had quite a few exhumed playing. Cramp, Gilamis, Portis, Zilubaledilyo, Breakex, and myself. think that was it.

JackFlash
04-12-2014, 11:53 PM
I still raid occasionally on CT with my original character from 2001. Geldohr, Wizard.

I was in Forgotten Destiny, Obsidian Coven, Stone coven, Cohort, etc....too many to remember over the years!

I see many familiar names on CT but every time I send a tell to an old acquaintance it's usually not the original owner.....RMT anyone?

Rhambuk
04-12-2014, 11:55 PM
Geldohr definitely sounds familiar. I remember cohort being quite a powerhouse around pop