PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely fastest leveling for 12 mage...

bhatz01
08-17-2010, 02:07 PM
I'm lvl 12, I have the Torch of Alna, aka a focused fire pet. I'm in oasis and it's pretty quick. What would be the best progression.

I only ask this as I'm curious if my progression would be slightly different with a focused pet, aka I can take some more difficult mobs earlier etc.

If not, I think this would be a great resource for mages in general. There are a lot of us! :eek:

Messianic
08-17-2010, 02:09 PM
If you like money, go to NK and kill willowisps. Lots of them. Turn greater lightstones into one of the gypsies to receive a concordance of research, and sell that book for 9pp and change.

Great xp, awesome moneymaker. Just beware of Griffons/Griffenes/GRiffawns/Werewolves and the stray HG at your level...

Upper Guk Saltwater crocs might also be really good. The 2.0 ZEM for Upperguk will make that very good xp. Stay non-kos with the frogs for a bit - those spiders in Upperguk are also very very good xp.

Straif
08-17-2010, 02:17 PM
I don't mean to derail but I just had a thought.

Do necros get any tradeable Focus items for pets in Classic?

Also, I would go the NK route for teh $$$!

bhatz01
08-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Necros get no tradeable focus items in classic. The only focus they receive is the Encyclopedia Necrotheurgia which adds +1 level to the 49 pet. Necros use their pets as another DoT primarily, it has never been a focus to improve their power greatly.

Reiker
08-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Nybright Sisters.

Overcast
08-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Nybright Sisters.

This one time... at Necro camp..

Reiker
08-17-2010, 05:06 PM
?

What makes Nybright Sisters a "necro" camp?

nafsmar
08-17-2010, 07:28 PM
If you like money, go to NK and kill willowisps. Lots of them. Turn greater lightstones into one of the gypsies to receive a concordance of research, and sell that book for 9pp and change.

Great xp, awesome moneymaker. Just beware of Griffons/Griffenes/GRiffawns/Werewolves and the stray HG at your level...

I am a lvl 12 shaman and am wondering if these are doable for me as well. If so at what lvl do they turn lt blue/green. Thanks

Messianic
08-18-2010, 08:18 AM
I am a lvl 12 shaman and am wondering if these are doable for me as well. If so at what lvl do they turn lt blue/green. Thanks

Definitely. Wisps start to go light blue or green at 15, but they're ok exp until 16. You can also kill wisps in Erud's Crossing if you're a barb shaman - its very isolated, but that's an advantage in terms of finding plenty of wisps.

Braveguard
08-18-2010, 08:33 AM
WK bandits are good in a group. Even just a partner is good. My partner is playing a mage (me a druid) and we have done quite well there. We're pretty much ready to move to somewhere else now. I'm almost 14 (SoW baby!) and when I hit it we'll probably find greener pastures even though the bandits might be good for a few more levels.

By the way, mage/druid rocks. DS the earth pet and let the mobs kill themselves.

Messianic
08-18-2010, 08:40 AM
By the way, mage/druid rocks. DS the earth pet and let the mobs kill themselves.

Definitely. And for harder mobs, just snare/dot it while keeping aggro and kiting it around, and let a fire/air/water pet (have the magician turn off pet taunt, for what its worth) beat the snot out of it from behind.

Troy
08-18-2010, 03:11 PM
My mage went from 12-20 soloing crocs in Oasis in maybe 6 hours total.