PDA

View Full Version : RMTers helping the server?

Ghoulbane
04-14-2014, 10:31 AM
RMTers = bad.
Velious = good.
Players hurting the server = bad.
Players beta testing velious = good.
Large player base = good.

Idea: Copy RMTers characters to beta server. If X valid bugs reported, or Y player votes, or Z hours logged or whatever RMTers accounts unbanned at launch of velious(Small offenders only, with removal of at least purchased PP/items, if not all items/pp)

Comments? Flames? Thoughts?

myxomatosii
04-14-2014, 10:33 AM
RMTers = bad.
Velious = good.

Idea: Copy RMTers characters to beta server. If X valid bugs reported, or Y player votes, or Z hours logged or whatever RMTers accounts unbanned at launch of velious(Small offenders only, with removal of at least purchased PP/items, if not all items/pp)

NO SALVATION FOR THE ETERNALLY DAMNED

Daakkon
04-14-2014, 10:43 AM
Or just give me their plat, problem solved. :)

Lyrith
04-14-2014, 10:53 AM
This idea is terrible. The only way I would agree to this is if they did test so much % of content for velious then they get their account back with all level 1's that are 100% naked. Their ONLY incentive should be to get their names back, and do something good with their name this time.

Anything else would truly be unfair.

Swish
04-14-2014, 10:54 AM
RMTers wouldn't play under those conditions though, as that "I need to get ahead" mentality isn't going to help them on a beta server.

Hard to manage it too, I wouldn't want to be managing the petitions section for 200-400 people saying "I logged (X) hours, therefore I'm entitled to my account" on launch night :/

Daldaen
04-14-2014, 11:04 AM
Devs make 100 accounts.

P99BetaBard1
P99BetaDruid1
P99BetaEnchanter1

Etc.

Then copy/paste some banned 50-60 characters onto those dummy accounts and let people play with old Banned P99 dudes on beta.

Fame
04-14-2014, 11:06 AM
rmt scum

Nikon
04-14-2014, 11:50 AM
RMTers = bad.
Velious = good.

Trying to think outside the box = good idea
Your actual idea = terrible, imo

Thanks for sharing.

Erati
04-14-2014, 11:52 AM
Devs make 100 accounts.

P99BetaBard1
P99BetaDruid1
P99BetaEnchanter1

Etc.

Then copy/paste some banned 50-60 characters onto those dummy accounts and let people play with old Banned P99 dudes on beta.

this is a pretty cool idea and would solve the 500 people that posted

"I would test beta but im only lvl 25 !!! I cant do shit! "

Glenzig
04-14-2014, 12:55 PM
RMTers = bad.
Velious = good.

Would they be forced to play velious beta? I mean like physically retained and made to play? Otherwise why wouldn't they just reroll and rmt again like before? That's kind of their motivation, not testing Velious.

Lyrith
04-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Devs make 100 accounts.

P99BetaBard1
P99BetaDruid1
P99BetaEnchanter1

Etc.

LMAO... Nothing better than Random Noob 1 and 24 playing some plat lord account that they no longer have access to. =D

Yonkec
04-14-2014, 01:51 PM
RMTers = bad.
Velious = good.

How many toons did you lose in the last RMT ban wave?

No.

moklianne
04-14-2014, 03:08 PM
OP has a pretty low post count. I would imagine he would benefit directly from this and that is why he put it out there...

Lyrith
04-14-2014, 03:58 PM
OP has a pretty low post count. I would imagine he would benefit directly from this and that is why he put it out there...

How dare you say that about him! He is just freshly new to the server and reads the forums and wants proper justice for the RMT Scum!

:D

Nuggie
04-14-2014, 10:57 PM
RMTers = bad.
Velious = good.

From rogeans post in the library area:

Yes it is legal, because A) We do not distribute copyrighted files, B) We do not charge people to play, therefor we are not making any sort of money or profit off of the intellectual property of SOE, and C) SOE Grants, in their user agreement, a license to utilize Everquest names and art, to all accounts in good standing:

Someone making money from sony's IP could mean we get shut down. Anyone that would risk us being shut down for their own profit is insanely selfish and not worthy of being redeemed.

NO TRUCE WITH THE SHADOW!

Aussie
04-14-2014, 11:13 PM
I love your enthusiasm for supporting the beta testing of Velious.

I don't think that the idea is a very good one however.

The fact that they are RMT'd aside, that is a HEAP of extra work to maintain for the staff.

Elendae
04-14-2014, 11:47 PM
From rogeans post in the library area:

Someone making money from sony's IP could mean we get shut down. Anyone that would risk us being shut down for their own profit is insanely selfish and not worthy of being redeemed.

NO TRUCE WITH THE SHADOW!

This is important!

snoopiku
04-15-2014, 08:18 AM
For someone like myself, whos highest level character is 31, how would I be a help to testing velious? How do I get access to a higher level character on the beta server?

Swish
04-15-2014, 08:20 AM
For someone like myself, whos highest level character is 31, how would I be a help to testing velious? How do I get access to a higher level character on the beta server?

There's surely things a L31 can do? Tower of Frozen Shadow starts pretty low, not sure how well bug reported it is. Take some pals around your level over and set up a group :)