PDA

View Full Version : Next monk weapon up

mnemonikos82
04-15-2014, 05:17 PM
I'm using a Wu's Quivering Staff right now, but the 9 stones is killing me (at level 33). What are the next weapons up in the hierarchy and how much do they usually run. I want to get under weight around level 35, but with the WQS equipped, I'd have to run around naked with no bags to keep bandages or shurikens to get there. I need an equally good or better weapon with a much lower weight.

baalzy
04-15-2014, 05:38 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Imbued_Fighters_Staff. 4-5k, 4stones.

Kayso
04-16-2014, 06:29 PM
Agree with Baalzy on IFS. At your level, its better dps than any 2h weapon except T-staff.

Now if you're considering dual wielding, you've got some numbers to crunch... Don't forget to consider main hand damage bonus (level-25)/3 and Dual Wield % for offhand (skill + level)/400

Mirana
04-18-2014, 08:48 AM
2 jade mace

For close to the same price you can get an IFS, which is far superior.

Lojik
04-18-2014, 11:55 AM
For close to the same price you can get an IFS, which is far superior.

Thing with IFS is you'll do more dps but it can be somewhat inconsistent. Some fights you'll waste mobs and others you'll miss a few times and think "wtf is going on what's taking so long."

Tewaz
04-18-2014, 01:01 PM
Warning: IFS will drive you crazy if you don't have some form of haste.

cearobinson
04-18-2014, 01:19 PM
Very interesting thread. IFS is a great weapon, for sure. I had it on my Monk alt on live :) Here I'm using the RFS and other than the TStaff, I have a hard time seeing anything out damage the RFS. Until I get my epic, of course.

baalzy
04-18-2014, 02:27 PM
Very interesting thread. IFS is a great weapon, for sure. I had it on my Monk alt on live :) Here I'm using the RFS and other than the TStaff, I have a hard time seeing anything out damage the RFS. Until I get my epic, of course.

The RFS will lose ground to other weapons as you level up (however it's still pretty damn good). When all weapons had the same damage bonus regardless of delay or being 1handed vs 2handed the RFS was insane.

// Sep. 19, 2000 until Oct. 8, 2001, delay adjustments.
else if (RuleI(Combat,TwoHandedDmgBonus) == 2)
{
if (Weapon->Delay <= 27)
return (GetLevel() - 22) / 3; // Just 1h bonus + 1.

int32 base;
if (GetLevel() > 50)
base = ((GetLevel() - 7) / 3);
else
base = ((GetLevel() - 25) / 2);

if (Weapon->Delay <= 39)
return base;
else if (Weapon->Delay <= 42)
return base + 1;
else if (Weapon->Delay <= 44)
return base + 3;
else
return base + (Weapon->Delay - 31)/3;

The RFS now has almost the same damage bonus as a 1handed weapon, just 1 point higher, (12 at lvl 60) while a Tstaff will have a damage bonus of 17 at level 60. IFS will be 18 at 60.

Using 120 delay the TStaff will attack 4 times, RFS 6 times and IFS 3 times.

Max potential dmg (not factoring in Str modifiers) is Weapon Dmg * 2 + Damage Bonus.

TStaff max potential damage = (58 + 17) x 4 swings = 300
RFS max potential damage = (38 + 12) x 6 swings = 300
IFS max potential damage = (76 + 18 x 3 swings = 282

Just to throw in 1 last option, Peacebringer rod = (56 + 17) x 4 swings = 292

However, this is heavier than the Wu's currently being used by OP, so if you're concerned about Weight then you want the IFS (unless you can afford a RFS).

cearobinson
04-18-2014, 03:05 PM
The RFS will ground to other weapons as you level up (however it's still pretty damn good). When all weapons had the same damage bonus regardless of delay or being 1handed vs 2handed the RFS was insane.

The RFS now has almost the same damage bonus as a 1handed weapon, just 1 point higher, (12 at lvl 60) while a Tstaff will have a damage bonus of 17 at level 60. IFS will be 18 at 60.

Using 120 delay the TStaff will attack 4 times, RFS 6 times and IFS 3 times.

Max potential dmg (not factoring in Str modifiers) is Weapon Dmg * 2 + Damage Bonus.

TStaff max potential damage = (58 + 17) x 4 swings = 300
RFS max potential damage = (38 + 12) x 6 swings = 300
IFS max potential damage = (76 + 18 x 3 swings = 282

Just to throw in 1 last option, Peacebringer rod = (56 + 17) x 4 swings = 292

However, this is heavier than the Wu's currently being used by OP, so if you're concerned about Weight then you want the IFS (unless you can afford a RFS).

Very nice breakdown! The RFS is pretty heavy though weighing in at 6 stone.

Kayso
04-18-2014, 06:26 PM
I have damage bonus formulas as:

Mainhand or 2H with delay <=27 (level-25)/3
2H with delay 28-39 (level-25)/2
2H with delay 40-42 ((level-25)/2)+1

And Dual Wield as (Skill+Level)/400

Is my classic info not the same as P99?

I'm level 32 with Wu's quivering and FBSS. I grouped with another level 32 monk last night with JM+KD+RBG and was pulling aggro in every fight. I level with a cleric and enchanter at all times.

The only weapons in the cards for me at this time are: IFS, PB, SoS, AC, T-Staff, Epic.

I'm trying to decide between IFS and actually putting SoS in MH (temporarily) and KD in off. And swapping to AC+SoS at the right level.

I guess it depends if/when AC+SoS combo outdamages IFS and PB? I can do the math, but not sure how EQ rounds the damage bonus or if my formulas above are right. They're different than baalzy's.

Nilasbik
04-20-2014, 08:10 PM
AC/SoS is better dps at lvl60. However, leveling up 2hb can be better dps at times. I was always under the impression that 2hb was better for not wanting to take agro because the dmg was slower. I believe hate is based on number of swings and not how much dmg is being done. I could be wrong but I think that's they way its done.

There is a link to a chart that was made with all the monk weapons and dps for lvl60. Epic fist with sos offhand is best dps for a monk at lvl60... I cant find the link but if/when I do ill post it here as well.

drktmplr12
04-20-2014, 09:14 PM
Thing with IFS is you'll do more dps but it can be somewhat inconsistent. Some fights you'll waste mobs and others you'll miss a few times and think "wtf is going on what's taking so long."

This math is true until you get a nice set of raid buffs. Once delay is minimized and accuracy increased resulting from buffs and debuffs, the effects level out in a shorter period of time. I think that 2hb tends to perform a little better in those circumstances. I do not have evidence to support that claim though.

drktmplr12
04-20-2014, 09:16 PM
AC/SoS is better dps at lvl60. However, leveling up 2hb can be better dps at times. I was always under the impression that 2hb was better for not wanting to take agro because the dmg was slower. I believe hate is based on number of swings and not how much dmg is being done. I could be wrong but I think that's they way its done.

There is a link to a chart that was made with all the monk weapons and dps for lvl60. Epic fist with sos offhand is best dps for a monk at lvl60... I cant find the link but if/when I do ill post it here as well.

This thread? (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110823&page=4)

Nilasbik
04-21-2014, 06:29 AM
Yes that thread. The point is that its based on ratios so with or without buffs and haste the weapon highest dps weapons on that chart will always out dps the others because of ratio at lvl60. Now the only problem is when you have thing like low dual wield skill level or low double attack skill level, and Dmg caps due to level etc.

Kayso
04-21-2014, 11:52 AM
At 60 (without Velious weapons or a few Kunark raid weapons) you go T-Staff or Epic/SoS. That's been a known quantity since forever and those are all achievable without any need to consider other combos. The chart is completely unneeded in that regard.

What I want to know is are the formulas correct? Those are the ones that I recall from live and also from other sources, but are they accurate.

The useful info would be formulas or charts to help you know what to do on your way from 30 to 60. And its there -- but only if the formulas are correct.

Look at Baalzy's post above. His formulas are different. Which are right?

drktmplr12
04-21-2014, 04:21 PM
baalzy is ignoring strength modifier, dual wield %, skill level.

i have no proof that the spread sheet is 100% accurate.. but it is pretty damn close. The only thing it doesn't factor in is the AC and relative level of your opponent. That would be a difficult task.

fishingme
04-22-2014, 10:17 AM
I strongly recommend AC/SoS, they're very similar in parse iirc, and at least on my monk I needed quick burst damage over 3-5 seconds and then to run out to pull again. I felt that T-staff on my monk didn't compare too well to AC/sos for monk leveling in a group.

gprater
04-22-2014, 12:53 PM
i am 28. Not as worried about weight as much as the OP. Money IS an object. I can prob scrape together 9k. I use WQS and have trance stick and knuckle dusters in the bank. I DO NOT have a haste item and my other gear is wu's or greater, but nothing high end. I am not in a guild atm so I do not plan on ever looting planar gear or better.(not saying it wont happen, just not planning on it) Should I spend my money on a new weapon(s), save more and buy haste item, or other?

thanks for any help.

cearobinson
04-22-2014, 12:54 PM
Haste, IMO.

baalzy
04-22-2014, 07:11 PM
Haste will give you the biggest single increase at your level if you can afford it.

Your wqs goes from being a 23/28 to a 23/23 weapon just with FBSS and raises the effective value of all your other weapons. Giving it a better ratio than a 30+k RFS