PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Item loot: a PLAGUE to the red RMT market

Nirgon
04-16-2014, 03:02 PM
How bout it Rogean?

I've advocated 4 lvls / no xp on death / item loot from day 1.... we're so close now.

Alecta got us to the point you can see a looted player's equipped/bags.. only thing left is make everything but primary/secondary/range/no drop/bags lootable.

This also puts unrest griefer twinks on NOTICE.

Furthermore, it gives players a reason (read: reason to log in) not to be in the huge zerg guild that "kills the server".

More players, less RMT, more praise and donations from people who actually appreciate classic EQ PvP.

I'm sure you will hear people saying they will leave immediately if implemented, but let's be real. They said that when you delvl'd them for MQ, or removed maps, or compass, or fixed invis pulling, or fixed Sirran, or fixed proximity aggro... now its time to add a classic feature that will crush thoughts of buying pixels.

I have it on good authority that the High Priest may drop a contribution or two to red. I can think of no one better to seal the deal.

Oh yeah, it is classic on an FFA server. It's just another classic feature that didn't make it in at launch like everything else we've researched and worked so hard to get right on blue.

Potus
04-16-2014, 11:37 PM
Item Loot isn't classic. It got removed from all servers by Verant for a reason.

And why would people not want to buy items still? If anything it'd promote RMT. Why go back and camp for hours when you can just paypal some guy.

Put griefer twinks on notice? Are you dumb? They're going to grief even harder. They'll be able to kill lowbies and steal their stuff. In the off chance you somehow kill a griefer twink you won't be able to loot their epic or a lot of their no drop gear.

A lot of your bug threads and suggestions are horribly bad. Please stop.

Nirgon
04-17-2014, 01:28 AM
"It isn't classic"

Actually lol'd.

Colgate
04-17-2014, 01:41 AM
potus must be trolling cause one time he tried to convince everyone that necros were an awful pvp class in classic

Potus
04-17-2014, 01:43 AM
You claiming you do research is even funnier.

potus must be trolling cause one time he tried to convince everyone that necros were an awful pvp class in classic

Wait is that the thread you stopped posting in when you said people just need to learn how to put dots behind buffs? Yeah, that was pretty bad.

Necros are fine 1-50. They're garbage in Kunark and Velious. Nothing new here, anyone that played classic would know that.

necros are fine in pvp, just no skilled players here really

LOLOL found this gem of a quote, too. Yeah, no good necros have ever played here. Wasn't the RZ botb Necro on this server?

Alunova
04-17-2014, 01:44 AM
I started on a PvP server and remember item loot. You only had one chance, if you mis-clicked on a bag or no drop item you couldn't try to loot again even though you didn't get anything.

I remember drooling over shin lord greaves because they were no drop ;P

Colgate
04-17-2014, 02:19 AM
You claiming you do research is even funnier.

Wait is that the thread you stopped posting in when you said people just need to learn how to put dots behind buffs? Yeah, that was pretty bad.

Necros are fine 1-50. They're garbage in Kunark and Velious. Nothing new here, anyone that played classic would know that.

LOLOL found this gem of a quote, too. Yeah, no good necros have ever played here. Wasn't the RZ botb Necro on this server?

yeah, he did play here

as a wizard

Potus
04-17-2014, 02:43 AM
yeah, he did play here

as a wizard

That should tell you quite a lot.

Daldaen
04-17-2014, 04:40 AM
Item Loot isn't classic. It got removed from all servers by Verant for a reason.

And why would people not want to buy items still? If anything it'd promote RMT. Why go back and camp for hours when you can just paypal some guy.

Put griefer twinks on notice? Are you dumb? They're going to grief even harder. They'll be able to kill lowbies and steal their stuff. In the off chance you somehow kill a griefer twink you won't be able to loot their epic or a lot of their no drop gear.

Holy shit you are an idiot.

Yea griefers will TOTALLY risk their fungi, CoF and RBB for a chance at that noobs Cracked Staff.

Currently they have 0 risk at all even if they somehow get outplayed or double teamed by some noobs. They just get coined and they don't give any fucks.

Put their pixels at risk, then maybe they will think twice about griefing new players on their twinked out toons.

Big Nirgon is attempting to make this server more classic. Let it happen red. Shit, if it happens I may even roll a toon on red. Cause that would finally be some legit PvP server.

Nirgon
04-17-2014, 05:27 AM
Let's take the sperg down a notch and realize this is a killer for RMT buyers

Necros are weak here because of the resist system and Thrilla obviously isn't an idiot when it comes to EQ PvP.

Supaskillz
04-17-2014, 11:18 AM
There seems less concern on red for being true to classic. No item recharge, xp mods, soulfire restricted. Dont get me wrong I think limiting abusive clickers is good for the game, but I'm not sure the staff really is going to buy into this bc "classic"

Nirgon
04-17-2014, 11:40 AM
Take xp on death off blue. Too brutal?

Lyrith
04-17-2014, 11:46 AM
I started on a PvP server and remember item loot. You only had one chance, if you mis-clicked on a bag or no drop item you couldn't try to loot again even though you didn't get anything.

I remember drooling over shin lord greaves because they were no drop ;P

This is the way it was... I played on Vallon.

And I cannot even tell you how many times the fights started and immediately started getting my good items into bags. You really weren't safe from PvP til you were 50 and had your planar no drop gear... Thank god planar gear was no drop!

Nirgon
04-17-2014, 12:03 PM
I would def want to keep planar and other items no drop.

As Nilbog mentioned it brings value to completing quests for what people thought were worthless items before (not to mention quests people may have never done here that need to be fixed up).

Having a base set of planar gear with SOME resists on it also makes it so end game pvp isn't people with literally base magic resist (after being dispelled).

Wizards really aren't as scary as everyone thinks with item loot tbh (and I think the naked wizard owning everyone in PvP is a long dispelled myth by now)... provided its not level 60s sunstriking people trying to xp in city of mist (dis 8 lvl range man..) :P.

We can put this issue to rest with a flat "no" from box Emperor Rogean whenever he emerges from his training in the Dagobah system/SMS/password stuff here :).

However, I'd strongly suggest putting this in with the 4 level range. Rallos Zek will smile down hard upon people buying CoFs and Trak BPs. Many Outback dinners will go down the drain. Pras.

Magikarp
04-17-2014, 01:18 PM
didn't they remove it in like 2003? a year after they introduced pok and free ports all over the land?

i cant remember if there was a huge outcry of player disapproval at the time... maybe they were all so jaded by aug's and no-drop shit that they didn't care anymore?

item loot so classic it hurts

potus obv troll

Nirgon
04-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Please stop.

naw.

Potus
04-17-2014, 02:48 PM
Holy shit you are an idiot.

Yea griefers will TOTALLY risk their fungi, CoF and RBB for a chance at that noobs Cracked Staff.

Currently they have 0 risk at all even if they somehow get outplayed or double teamed by some noobs. They just get coined and they don't give any fucks.

Put their pixels at risk, then maybe they will think twice about griefing new players on their twinked out toons.

Big Nirgon is attempting to make this server more classic. Let it happen red. Shit, if it happens I may even roll a toon on red. Cause that would finally be some legit PvP server.

Oh sweet, someone that doesn't play the server is talking about pvp. Hey, how many times does a deleveled rogue with an epic and an assortment of No Drop gear die to guys in Unrest and Mistmoore?

The answer is a big fucking 0. They don't fair fight, they don't wait around for pvp, they just kill people with low hp, less gear, busy fighting mobs, then they log off.

You're never going to get their fungi (if they are even wearing one, it's pretty pointless). Item Loot just lets them steal people's breast plates, robes, and if they duo, they'll be able to loot other people's main weapons using disarm and blind.

Nirgon
04-17-2014, 02:52 PM
Wanna bet on never?

Don't do it Anakin.

Oh, and when I do... you can count on that griefer going away.

Potus
04-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Let's take the sperg down a notch and realize this is a killer for RMT buyers

Necros are weak here because of the resist system and Thrilla obviously isn't an idiot when it comes to EQ PvP.

No, necros are weak because they were weak on live, too. Resists have nothing to do with it. Everyone has cure pots and clickies, knows to ignore pets, and keeps the first two debuff slots open. Again the KEEP IT CLASSIC RESEARCH expert is talking out of his ass and knows nothing whatsoever.

Item loot is classic. Was on all 3 classic server.

There were four servers, not three. And it was only implemented briefly on three. It was removed from all three servers after Verant called it a mistake. And the fact that Verant adressed gameplay balance on a fucking pvp server shows you just how bad it was that not even they could ignore it.

Nirgon
04-17-2014, 03:10 PM
I literally couldn't beat a skilled necro on my wizard in Kunark with functioning resists pre-lure of ice.

Take it up with Zyrino (Thrilla).

Might learn somethin'.

:cool: love dis kid

Potus
04-17-2014, 03:41 PM
I literally couldn't beat a skilled necro on my wizard in Kunark with functioning resists pre-lure of ice.

Take it up with Zyrino (Thrilla).

Might learn somethin'.

:cool: love dis kid

Which would validate my "necros were good 1-50, sucked post 50" comment.

SZ released during Velious, not classic. The original 3 servers were all pre-Kunark, with RZ being a thing even in beta I think. TZ lost item loot first, then VZ a bit later. If RZ ever lost the ability to loot items it was sometime after EQ was no longer EQ.

Item loot totally is classic, though there are probably better ways to implement it than how it was during classic.

Scars of Velious was released in 2000. Everquest launched in 1999. Velious is classic era. Tallon and Vallon Zek were launched in Kunark, both had item loot removed within 5 months of launch. Vallon Zek had a login survey question that was like 80% for removing item loot because the server turned into naked druidquest. Rallos Zek item loot was later, and the population on Rallos Zek was barely half of what VZ and TZ had combined while it still had item loot.

Item loot lasted less time than the hybrid exp penalty, caster staring at book to med, and humans having terrible vision at night.

Nirgon
04-17-2014, 03:50 PM
Dude if you think deflux was bad (lvl 54 necro) you have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry.

You think they took item loot out before the hybrid penalty? I just can't respond to this anymore :(.

I understand some people want broken raid encounters that are trivial and xp spots that weren't in classic or pvp without item loot. But that's not classic EQ (vanilla through end of Velious), stop saying you want it. You don't.

Potus
04-17-2014, 04:02 PM
Dude if you think deflux was bad (lvl 54 necro) you have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry.

You think they took item loot out before the hybrid penalty? I just can't respond to this anymore :(.

I understand some people want broken raid encounters that are trivial and xp spots that weren't in classic or pvp without item loot. But that's not classic EQ (vanilla through end of Velious), stop saying you want it. You don't.

Huh? What are you rambling about now?

Hybrid EXP penalties got taken out sometime in Velious. Team Zek launched with Kunark and item loot didn't last a year on either server.

Don't be mad that you're wrong. It's okay bro. :o

Nirgon
04-17-2014, 04:09 PM
Ya no item loot on RZ in Velious.

http://www.american-buddha.com/ghostbust.221b.gif

Potus
04-17-2014, 04:15 PM
Nirgon confirmed super mad and wrong.

heals4reals
04-17-2014, 07:28 PM
I agree with OP

Magikarp
04-18-2014, 12:11 AM
why is potus so mad and also against classic?

Colgate
04-18-2014, 12:31 AM
idk but apparently being the only caster basically not affected by resists(which cause the effectiveness of several other classes to nosedive) is awful

l o l

Potus
04-18-2014, 12:46 AM
idk but apparently being the only caster basically not affected by resists(which cause the effectiveness of several other classes to nosedive) is awful

l o l

Nirgon says Necros are screwed because of resists. You say Necros aren't. :confused:

Whole lot of bad posting by some red99 celebs up in here, lol.

Colgate
04-18-2014, 01:29 AM
the resist code here simply makes wizards and magicians better than they were on live, it doesn't hinder necros in any way

when pit up against pretty much every single other class in the game, necros are still pretty deadly in the hands of someone who isn't wearing a helmet

Nirgon
04-18-2014, 10:40 AM
Hate seeing bugs trolled like this

Nirgon
04-18-2014, 10:44 AM
Necro was insanely strong on live which is true despite whatever you say. You don't know that and a lot of people find your insistence otherwise to be hard to watch :(. Me included.

why is potus so mad and also against classic?

Dunno some people liked being able to dictate Sirran. He's our new Osama around here.

Splorf22
04-18-2014, 02:40 PM
The answer is a big fucking 0. They don't fair fight, they don't wait around for pvp, they just kill people with low hp, less gear, busy fighting mobs, then they log off.

I disagree here.

First, the fungi is worth 100k, the stuff they would get off of noobs is like 100p. So they have to win 99.9% of the time to be profitable.

Second, if I were a noob I would work together with some friends and have them at the login screen ready to come save me.

(that said I think item loot is a bad idea)

Potus
04-18-2014, 03:11 PM
the resist code here simply makes wizards and magicians better than they were on live, it doesn't hinder necros in any way

when pit up against pretty much every single other class in the game, necros are still pretty deadly in the hands of someone who isn't wearing a helmet

Lol, yes it isn't the class that sucked, it's all the players. I guess they just need to learn to somehow not fight people with potions and clickies, who will also not outdamage their lifetaps in one round of melee combat.

Necro was insanely strong on live which is true despite whatever you say. You don't know that and a lot of people find your insistence otherwise to be hard to watch . Me included.

Yeah so many level 60 necros coming in here to talk about all the YT.

Laughable bad posting by the r99 crew. Your "bug" thread is also hilarious.

Nirgon
04-18-2014, 03:16 PM
Can you take your being mad about not knowing necros were good on live during this era to RNF? This is about item loot.

Potus
04-18-2014, 03:23 PM
I only see you being mad that your "bug" thread is being shown to be another attempt by you to rewrite the past and make this server shitty as fuck.

This is actually super hilarious to me. Especially the GRANDMASTER and THE RESEARCHER knowing jack shit about this game.

Nirgon
04-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Please learn to use the correct sections of this forum:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1419461#post1419461

Potus
04-18-2014, 05:25 PM
Please keep posting "bug" threads. They're great.

Colgate
04-18-2014, 05:32 PM
Lol, yes it isn't the class that sucked, it's all the players. I guess they just need to learn to somehow not fight people with potions and clickies, who will also not outdamage their lifetaps in one round of melee combat.

Yeah so many level 60 necros coming in here to talk about all the YT.

Laughable bad posting by the r99 crew. Your "bug" thread is also hilarious.

gotta agree here, all the players like yourself that play a caster and then stand there trying to channel touch of night while a melee beats him down are simply just ahead of the curve when it comes to pvp strategy

i'll remember that the next time i play a caster, it's acceptable to stand there waiting to die followed up by a post filled with tears on the forums about how terrible my class is

Nirgon
04-18-2014, 05:37 PM
Please learn to use the correct sections of this forum:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1419461#post1419461

Daldaen
04-18-2014, 05:49 PM
Please keep posting "bug" threads. They're great.

Would you wish to disprove that the classic PvP servers from 1999-2001 did NOT have item loot?

If not, I dunno what you're doing in the thread. Bugs are about facts and shit. The only people whose opinions matter, are those with red, purple and blue forum handles. Otherwise, what you *think* about a bug thread is irrelevant.

Potus
04-18-2014, 06:02 PM
Would you wish to disprove that the classic PvP servers from 1999-2001 did NOT have item loot?

If not, I dunno what you're doing in the thread. Bugs are about facts and shit. The only people whose opinions matter, are those with red, purple and blue forum handles. Otherwise, what you *think* about a bug thread is irrelevant.

Do you deny they were taken off the pvp servers from 1999-2001? Please post evidence.

gotta agree here, all the players like yourself that play a caster and then stand there trying to channel touch of night while a melee beats him down are simply just ahead of the curve when it comes to pvp strategy

i'll remember that the next time i play a caster, it's acceptable to stand there waiting to die followed up by a post filled with tears on the forums about how terrible my class isp

Lol Touch of Night.

Nirgon
04-18-2014, 06:18 PM
It remained on Rallos Zek (an ffa server) through even Luclin since day 1.

Item loot is good on an FFA server.

I'd be against it on a teams server.

Guess if what I want is classic or not.

Wish I could click off this posting classic threads recourse effect, u no?

Daldaen
04-18-2014, 06:55 PM
Do you deny they were taken off the pvp servers from 1999-2001? Please post evidence.

I wasn't aware this was Project2002...

Oh yes, that is right... it isn't.

Potus
04-18-2014, 08:16 PM
I wasn't aware this was Project2002...

Oh yes, that is right... it isn't.

I didn't realize this was Rallos Zek. Oh wait, it isn't.

Pretty ridiculous to use the Bug Forum to post something that's obviously not a bug.

Daldaen
04-19-2014, 10:57 AM
It's supposed to be RZ.

Coin loot:

http://i.imgur.com/LdCm8tR.gif

Nirgon
04-19-2014, 12:09 PM
So we should start thinking about all the FV stuff to add to blue?

Potus
04-19-2014, 04:35 PM
It's supposed to be RZ.

Coin loot:

http://i.imgur.com/LdCm8tR.gif

Says who?

Know what else was FFA? Discord. Let me go bug report that permadeath is missing from this server.

Splorf22
04-19-2014, 05:07 PM
So we should start thinking about all the FV stuff to add to blue?

Limiting everyone to one character on blue would be an amazing upgrade for the server

Nirgon
04-21-2014, 04:49 PM
Let's make no drop tradable cuz FV had it (this is what the haters sound like)

Dald ownt u btw

Wily
04-27-2014, 06:59 AM
From what I recall RZ had item loot until they added Shadowrest, but there was a bug where you could still kill people who were LD and loot an item (so the item loot code was actually still there). I found a Sony thread about it: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/loot-rule-disagreements.97489/

I also found a few old screenshots, anyone else have any?

http://web.archive.org/web/20020322121601/http://www.ascendingdawn.com/cgi-bin/ad.pl?page=screenshots&action=view&id=167
http://web.archive.org/web/20011024001921im_/http://ascendingdawn.com/images/screenshots/pics/screenshot167.jpg

http://web.archive.org/web/20020712025225/http://www.ascendingdawn.com/cgi-bin/ad.pl?page=screenshots&action=view&id=750
http://web.archive.org/web/20020714140202im_/http://ascendingdawn.com/images/screenshots/pics/screenshot750.jpg

http://web.archive.org/web/20020717095703/http://www.ascendingdawn.com/cgi-bin/ad.pl?page=screenshots&action=view&id=1012
http://web.archive.org/web/20021108054741im_/http://ascendingdawn.com/images/screenshots/pics/screenshot1012.jpg

pgerman
04-27-2014, 12:30 PM
item loot on server where people go LD so easily ? ESP euro players , bad idea

item loot where the spread between new players and old players is so HUGE, new players would get even more raped by lack of good no drop

item loot where pvp resist code allows for much greater spell damage than live, which I actually agree with, casters were useless on live after mid kunark.

this fix would only help out the casual pvp griefer that logs in once a month with his ultra twink to steal one item every 3 months and then act likes its a hardcore experience

Rallos zek was a joke, the rarity in which a decent item was looted, was just a bag quest, no drop, naked caster waste of time.

Potus
04-27-2014, 02:50 PM
Rallos zek was a joke, the rarity in which a decent item was looted, was just a bag quest, no drop, naked caster waste of time.

Way too much common sense in your post.

Have you forgotten you're talking to people who actually think they're going to loot Fungi tunics every day?

Nirgon
04-28-2014, 04:45 PM
Not every day. But one time being enough to run off some ragebringer scum.

Currently this works but some "BUG" prevents looting a single non primary/secondary/range/no drop/duplicate lore:

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee432/robn3030/yikes_zpsa5e68c3d.jpg

So. Close. 4 level range and I hear good things about the 4 level range with root working much closer to correctly.

RZ had item loot from day 1 until the first day of Luclin at least... which makes it entirely appropriate for a classic pvp server on our time line. Save the no item loot for the teams server.

Right now a lvl 49-55 guild could pretty easily gear up in fear/hate(/sky?? if u gud?) without getting their skulls crushed and then level up in a full suit of no drop pretty freaking easily and defend themselves/have fun before going to the bigger asperger flare up incuding dragons.

Pras the fucking Emperor. For his return is classic.

Potus
04-28-2014, 05:09 PM
Deleveled ragebringer twinks totally need that fungi tunic to kill people.

Velerin
04-28-2014, 05:16 PM
I like the idea of item loot, risk vs reward, etc etc. But item loot just never really fit with EQ's style. Items in EQ aren't usually some vendor/tradeskill item you can just go rebuy when you lose it. VZ and TZ had it and voted so hard against it they dropped from both servers. RZ kept it but if you were a "pker" you were shunned and people used that system to protect their items (and super blue other than the pk guilds) I think the only thing that kept item loot viable on RZ was that blue culture.
Forget that you have 10 level 60 alts here and can farm anything in a couple hours. When your main is level 30s (more like your average classic EQer) and you worked your ass off for some Temple quest armor you camped for a couple days and then you go LD, are low on health, have to go do a quick afk, etc. and some naked caster ganks you and takes it, laughs as he destroys it since he doesn't even need or want it you're probably its gonna turn lots of people away.

Nirgon
04-29-2014, 01:17 PM
I heard these complaints about 4 level range PvP.

Just more people who want to make sure previous time invested keeps others off the box and their sense of "power" intact.

I'd sure be sad if I spent 200 days /played and was terrible at the game and a group of people took one of the hundred Trak BPs in my guild bank off me. Why should they be able to kill my much better geared character and benefit? That's insane. Especially if I dropped good American bloomins on it.

It's classic and it's fun if your 7resist all ring isn't your life.

People will PvP in planar with resist gear, no big D. Some will just PvP in all no drop until they learn or if they are solo in a very dangerous area.

Funny you should say they need fungi to kill people sarcastically... I've seen a Mrbig corpse or two in my time with the fungi still on it.

(It also frees PvP from being some watered down WoW bull shit)

nonphixion
04-29-2014, 03:55 PM
TLDR
but I can say im for item loot as long as its not ALL lootable... how about u can pick 1 item from my bag and 1 item from my gear or something that sounds reasonable or else i think people would just go around naked or half naked with temp gear

Daldaen
04-30-2014, 09:21 AM
Item loot is just a single item. If you clicked on an item that was no drop or a bag, the game counted that as your "1 item" and didn't let you loot it. IE you done messed up.

I fondly remember item looting a sweet magic staff on my 6 high elf Mage from some stupid gnome on VZ.

I did find the whole BagQuest stupid. If you're about to die you could just bag shit and they couldn't win it. As far as I'm concerned one you are engaged in PvP combat you shouldn't be able to unequip anything. Doesn't make much sense while running away from a ranger to go "shit I'll take off my robe and put on this different robe". But it's a fantasy game so meh. Guess it's classic.

Erati
04-30-2014, 09:43 AM
I remember a mechanic in EQ2 maybe? or could have been dif pvp game where it locked your items if you removed one while in pvp.

there was like a cool down of maybe 2-3 min before you could remove a second item if you were engaged in pvp.

nearly impossible to code here tho without encounter locking heh so pretty worthless comment by myself :(

Nirgon
04-30-2014, 10:16 AM
Raiders have a huge advantage with or without item loot. Period.

Moving on.

Nothing custom. It was tried already and fails.

Notice the LOW AS FUK pop on all the other custom servers.

Allow bagging etc.

Peace and classic EQ foreva.

Not Salem
05-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Having played on a game where perma death existed and character investment was far greater then EQ's, I would say it does not curb RMT. Other then that I agree :)

pgerman
05-12-2014, 04:59 AM
there would be 6 players on the box with item loot, all level 12 fighting in crushbone

stealing eachothers raw hide

claiming box champ

posting 5 page story on forums about it

People that want item loot are the minority, of a minority, the dream is dead brother, why push something so hard that the server doesn't even want?

Rallos zek was not a perfect server by any means, let it die.........let it die.........sleep

Nirgon
05-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Had more pop than SZ

All servers got merged into RZ

Pras

pgerman
05-12-2014, 03:25 PM
By the time the servers " merged " anyone left playing live eq still ...............I mean seriously. What year was that? Probably at least 3 years after most people here quit live.
EQ was dead by then.

In tallon zek, or sullen's prime, they had more population than rallos. EQ servers went through a glory period, all of them. Just like most new boxes do. First year or so is usually great.

As hard as it may be for you to believe, there were good aspects of both sullen and rallos, but sony eventually destroyed both servers, so you have to find a balance of what the best "classic" experience really was.

Why beat a dead horse that no one really wants , except you, and like 3 other people here , that probably don't play on the box .

Nirgon
05-12-2014, 04:38 PM
Derubael has spotted me on the boxes, you just gotta dig deep.

The hello kitty avatar is a nice compliment to hating on item looting that separates this so much from WoW clones.

Can't wait for the first clueless numbskull that buys a fungi with outback bucks to lose it. I'm much less worried about skilled players losing items.

pgerman
05-12-2014, 08:42 PM
you just don't get it, there isn't even 200 people left on planet earth that would play an eq emu server with item loot

Nirgon
05-13-2014, 12:55 PM
There's people willing to play an EQ Emu server where they're the only people farming raid content.

I think we're safe.

I would hope you aren't trying to circumvent classic development to protect your personal interests (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150709).

pgerman
05-13-2014, 02:32 PM
been on red since day one, took a break when nilly was only guild on server, came back joined azrael

played on blue server before red came out, so what? I spend 2k a week in potions on red.

Keep pushing something no one wants, great use of time, cya in another thread

Nirgon
05-13-2014, 02:43 PM
Lots of people don't want these classic features.

I direct them to WoW.

There will be more threads like this where risk and reward are added to the game, or convenient bugs/exploits removed :). Most will be sad to see them go.

Not Salem
06-06-2014, 04:34 PM
I want item loot

Nirgon
06-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Put maps back in, add battle grounds and mounts

I want a teams server where I can still charm Sirran in sky, too

PM me for the extremely complicated ruleset that makes no sense

Yes, iksars / ogres / dark elves will be on the same team

Absynthe2k5
06-06-2014, 10:00 PM
If I am not mistaken pvp started with GvG on blue servers. Because of this popularity they decided to release the pvp servers.

Which means no item loot, neener neener.

abacab-bansdontwork
06-11-2014, 04:23 AM
itemloot is only bad when blind lands 100% of the time, and the introduction of one shot skills like manaburn.

But it does make PvP rather lame when you're macroing shit in bags and people are running /donotblind docracks all day, I'd suggest adding the Discord merchant and the token system, ala SZ

Nirgon
06-11-2014, 10:05 AM
itemloot is only bad when blind lands 100% of the time

Ah you must have played here at launch. I remember when people told me that magic resist would work here 8). Yes item loot would be terrible without resists having some way of actually fully resisting spells at say 140+.

Things just feel stale without it.

Colgate
06-11-2014, 05:48 PM
still eating 750 damage sunstrikes at 210 fire resist?

you better believe i'm playing a wizard with item loot on that system

Nirgon
06-25-2014, 07:25 PM
http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/hulkhogan_02.jpg

Lyzard
07-15-2014, 07:51 AM
It remained on Rallos Zek (an ffa server) through even Luclin since day 1.

Item loot is good on an FFA server.

True, I remember it was in 2004? I think when item augmentation effectively rendered item loot useless as people could aug items to make them No-Drop... but even then it was still very much a part of the server.

Sheriff
07-16-2014, 01:19 PM
I want item loot

Nirgon
07-29-2014, 10:13 AM
Kill someone and loot something, anything, one time see if it don't change yo life.

freez
07-30-2014, 07:48 PM

Manastones arent classic. They got removed from all servers drop list by Verant for a reason.

Potus
07-31-2014, 01:56 AM
Item loot lasted about as long as manastones on Team Zeks, so yeah I'm cool with it being on that long -- that's long enough for everyone to learn their lesson.

EDIT: Actually please make all item loot-supporters only be allowed to roll Warriors. I want a backpack full of Ykeshas and Crafted BPs.

Nirgon
07-31-2014, 09:47 AM
Oh look something that makes the game harder.... the usual anti-classic suspects turn up.

Potus
07-31-2014, 09:00 PM
Item Loot is EZ bluebie PvP Mode: just roll wizard, nuke, loot.

It's pretty boring, you have about a three week window before the population is completely decimated and it's all druids and wizards. It happened in 2000 and was hilarious to watch.

When Verant announced Tallon Zek would abandon item loot, Vallon Zek lost about 400 players it never got back.

Nirgon
08-01-2014, 10:05 AM
Ya Tallon sounds pretty blue

In other news I'm completely against item loot on the teams server

http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Groundhog-Day-4.jpg

Bardalicious
08-02-2014, 09:59 AM
"It isn't classic"

Actually lol'd.