PDA

View Full Version : Ench/Dru, Ench/Sham, Sham/Mnk

Treefall
04-16-2014, 07:45 PM
I'm trying to get a friend to level up with me over the summer, and I was wondering about the effectiveness of these combos.

I was thinking Ench/Dru would rock for dual charm and fear/snare, ports, etc.

I was thinking Ench/Sham would rock more later on, and especially in dungeons, with buffs and debuffs for rocking cash camps.

Then Sham/Mnk is the typical duo. I know it's amazing, but I can't think of how it would compete with Ench/Shm in terms of effectiveness...is it more effective? Or is it just a great duo to go if one person wants to rock melee?

Lune
04-16-2014, 08:17 PM
Overall, all things considered:

Ench/Sham > Sham/Mnk > Ench/Dru

If you have a fungi, some haste, and a nice wep for your monk, that might change things.

The only downside to Ench/Sham compared to anything else is the enchanter needs to be competent for it to work well.

Ench/Dru would be extremely nice for leveling up, but loses some of its strength after 50 and isn't quite as capable as the other two options in most 50+ dungeons. (Chardok is an exception). All three are great duo combos.

Mirana
04-16-2014, 08:26 PM
Overall, all things considered:

Ench/Sham > Sham/Mnk > Ench/Dru

If you have a fungi, some haste, and a nice wep for your monk, that might change things.

The only downside to Ench/Sham compared to anything else is the enchanter needs to be competent for it to work well.

Ench/Dru would be extremely nice for leveling up, but loses some of its strength after 50 and isn't quite as capable as the other two options in most 50+ dungeons. (Chardok is an exception). All three are great duo combos.

I disagree with ench/dru losing strength after 50, duo is still pretty sick and can farm most cash camps in the game. Super fun and pretty skill intensive as well.

Lune
04-16-2014, 08:42 PM
I disagree with ench/dru losing strength after 50, duo is still pretty sick and can farm most cash camps in the game. Super fun and pretty skill intensive as well.

Yes, it is "still pretty sick"... but the things this duo excels at are more difficult to execute in many 50+ areas (which just happen to be primarily indoor dungeons, like Sebilis and Howling Stones). So I'd say it loses strength relative to Sham/Ench and Sham/Monk.

50+ shamans really come into their own, eventually gaining torpor, a clicky 1k dot, and brute force soloing ability that approaches enchanters.

50+ Monks are the most OP melee, shred through targets, mitigate well, and synergize quite well with their shaman partners.

A 50+ druid is like Robin to the enchanter Batman. There is nothing for a druid to charm in Sebilis or Howling Stones to my knowledge, and their indoor utility and synergy is otherwise wholly inferior to a shaman.

Can they still farm difficult cash camps? Yes. So can an enchanter/paladin, Mage/cleric, Shaman/SK. Not very relevant to op's question

Jakaris
04-17-2014, 12:36 AM
As an Enchanter, Ench/Shaman. IF, and only IF the Enchanter is good and not going to afk... very much at all. If the chanters good and on top of their game, there's not a whole lot a shaman/ench cant duo.

Nuggie
04-17-2014, 01:54 AM
+1 to ench/sham duo.

thugcruncher
04-17-2014, 02:17 AM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-16-2014/cmiCSj.gif

Miser
04-17-2014, 02:51 AM
SHM/ENC is unreal good, but for leveling/exp grind I'd say that CLR/ENC is better.

(I know you didn't ask about clerics, but figured it was worth a mention. :))

phacemeltar
04-17-2014, 03:47 AM
troll illusion + shrink

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
04-17-2014, 07:41 AM
Yes, it is "still pretty sick"... but the things this duo excels at are more difficult to execute in many 50+ areas (which just happen to be primarily indoor dungeons, like Sebilis and Howling Stones). So I'd say it loses strength relative to Sham/Ench and Sham/Monk.

50+ shamans really come into their own, eventually gaining torpor, a clicky 1k dot, and brute force soloing ability that approaches enchanters.

50+ Monks are the most OP melee, shred through targets, mitigate well, and synergize quite well with their shaman partners.

A 50+ druid is like Robin to the enchanter Batman. There is nothing for a druid to charm in Sebilis or Howling Stones to my knowledge, and their indoor utility and synergy is otherwise wholly inferior to a shaman.

Can they still farm difficult cash camps? Yes. So can an enchanter/paladin, Mage/cleric, Shaman/SK. Not very relevant to op's question

This.

Druid is probably the best levelling up as there is no replacement for low-mana snare while fear kiting with a backstabbing mob. After about 45 or so shaman definitely takes over.

Lyrith
04-17-2014, 09:16 AM

This really hits it on the head if you ask, other most important thing to question is who wants to play WHAT and will THEY ENJOY it? Doesn't matter the class if you or your friend don't want to dedicate the time due to not playing a Monk instead of Enchanter or vice versa.

I would do the SHM/ENC if it was me...

Treefall
04-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Thanks guys...think we'll go Ench/Shm.

Nightbear
04-17-2014, 02:42 PM
All of Lune's info is spot on.
+1

Lojik
04-17-2014, 04:07 PM
CLR/ENC make sure that cleric is evil worshipping innoruk and get that snare neck. Then you can fear kite just like with druid and have a great duo that isn't gear intensive. You could even make a cleric that gets fear and snare clickies. Plus if you ever want to camp harder stuff you've got the group essential classes and can rez yourselves if it goes bad...only thing you won't have is ports.