PDA

View Full Version : Command for putting multiple items on macro like skills?

VincentVolaju
04-17-2014, 09:47 PM
So I know you can do the macro with diff skills on it like /do ability etc. But I thought there was a command to use equipment slots also, like clickies? Does anyone know how to make a macro for using a clicky item?

Laugher
04-17-2014, 09:59 PM
Hrm, I'm usually pretty good at / commands in eq, but I just looked like one up in some /help menus and am coming up with nothing.

SamwiseRed
04-17-2014, 09:59 PM
sounds like wow

sorry had to be said

Ingrum
04-17-2014, 10:02 PM
Damn, I had all of these commands memorized about a year ago. Take one little break and all of that knowledge gets replaced by useless real world crap.

The good news is, this archived post from the SOE forums has a collection of player tips/tutorials for macros in EQ and it's still the very first bookmark in my Google Chrome.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/macro-101.27806/

Edit: A quick google search just revealed this little gem as well. However, do take note that it was last updated in 2013 so it may not all apply to P99. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:macros

The /doability ones are a few posts down.

Hope that helps!

nilzark
04-17-2014, 10:03 PM
Damn, I had all of these commands memorized about a year ago. Take one little break and all of that knowledge gets replaced by useless real world crap.

The good news is, this archived post from the SOE forums has a collection of player tips/tutorials for macros in EQ and it's still the very first bookmark in my Google Chrome.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/macro-101.27806/

The /doability ones are a few posts down.

Hope that helps!

WTF?

danceparty
04-17-2014, 10:07 PM
triggering an equipment or inventory slot with a macro didn't come along till later in the timeline and we aren't able to do it on p99.

there are some work arounds for triggering a few items like monk epic and ranger sky cloak though...what kinda of item are you trying to build a macro for?

arsenalpow
04-17-2014, 10:08 PM
Sounds like the old issue where someone wants to bind two clickies to the same hotkey, as in click their monk epic and whistling fist robe at the same time by pressing flying kick.

Does not work. You cannot functionally click two items simultaneously. This is why I don't use the robe.

Ingrum
04-17-2014, 10:20 PM
WTF?
Haha yeah. I guess that I installed Google Chrome at the same time that I reinstalled EQ and started playing P99 or something.

I just went through and tried a bunch of those commands. Sadly, most of them do not work as they were added to EQ a while past Kunark it seems.

/doability and /autoinventory work though. Those alone can be rather useful.

VincentVolaju
04-17-2014, 10:33 PM
Edit: Nevermind figured out what I needed

Frug
04-18-2014, 07:44 AM

So let the rest of us know?

Champion_Standing
04-18-2014, 07:48 AM
You can always just drag the item to a hotbar slot

CoffeeBreath
04-18-2014, 04:00 PM

I had always heard that you could bind your whistling fist robe or monk epic to your flying kick, so that when you kick you trigger your haste. After trying it yesterday, I can't see how that would work. Attempting to bind the keys together triggers your item but won't kick, gives you that message saying you can't use this ability at this time. A macro with a delayed kick which is bound to your item key doesn't seem to work either. If you actually figured it out, let us know. I for one am very curious.

Supaskillz
04-18-2014, 04:16 PM
Why can't you just put it on your hot bar, but also bind that key to another hot bar slot which has /pause(1) /doability x?

CoffeeBreath
04-18-2014, 04:24 PM
Same problem as binding them together without a macro, same behavior. Maybe I just haven't played with the delay enough, but tried 1 5 and 10 for delay yesterday and no dice.

Supaskillz
04-18-2014, 04:27 PM
Ahh maybe you just can't use two hot bar buttons at the same time. Not home to mess with it. I guess we may have to settle for pressing 2 buttons. Maybe too hard.

Donruss
04-19-2014, 04:07 AM
I hit "0" on my number pad and my monk flying kicks and clicks his robe when I do it. Wasn't hard, under options, keys etc