PDA

View Full Version : Seb grps?

littlebobby3
04-18-2014, 01:55 AM
I was wondering if people even have Seb grps running? I got my key and I remember going in there a lot on live, doesn't seem that way on p99.

I'm a 53 necro and would love to get a grp not sure how useful necros are there but yeah.

Scrubosaur
04-18-2014, 01:57 AM
I would stay away until they patch a fix for the trains of shrooms that run around every 20mins.

Adolphus
04-18-2014, 02:29 AM
I was wondering if people even have Seb grps running? I got my key and I remember going in there a lot on live, doesn't seem that way on p99.

I'm a 53 necro and would love to get a grp not sure how useful necros are there but yeah.

Either you're logging in during extreme off-peak hours or you have terrible (or incredibly good) luck. Because even with the horrendous bug problems since last patch, the well-known areas like King, Crypt and NG are basically perma-camped. The other areas, such as Disco, Chef, Jail and Disco Bugs, are still camped frequently but much less so currently due to the recent patch problems.

Oh, and your level 53 Necro in Seb? That's an issue in of itself. It's extremely unlikely that you're ever going to find a group that wants a 53 Necro in Sebilis. Not on this server. Remember, P1999 is strange in that it's been inside a "classic time warp" for years longer than the original EQ progression. Hence all the lvl 60's you're going to be competing against in a loot-centric dungeon.

littlebobby3
04-18-2014, 03:40 AM
True you have a very good point with the "classic time warp" and that does make it hard.

I recall doing a few grps in there back in the day, mind you I started playing EQ back in 2001 (luclin just came out) so by the time I got to lvl 50+ pop was on it's way. But I remember being able to go there mid 50's and stuff. I just don't remember how useful necros were.

But I'd really like to experience it again in the classic era at least. Lol

Khaleesi
04-18-2014, 03:58 AM
Oh, and your level 53 Necro in Seb? That's an issue in of itself. It's extremely unlikely that you're ever going to find a group that wants a 53 Necro in Sebilis. Not on this server. Remember, P1999 is strange in that it's been inside a "classic time warp" for years longer than the original EQ progression. Hence all the lvl 60's you're going to be competing against in a loot-centric dungeon.

To be clear, a 53 necromancer is plenty welcome in a 50s group - by people who appreciate the class. It is unfortunately one that's misunderstood as far as grouping goes, so do not be surprised at the lack of group invites.

Having said that, Seb can be a particular problem because as Adolphus says, a lot of group spots that would otherwise be filled by appropriate level players for xp purposes, are taken up by 58+ players hoping for loot.

Chardok, Charasis and Sebilis are subject to this type of dual purpose behavior.

My recommendation is to find a cleric/enc/shaman and duo/trio in some outdoor areas or small manageable dungeon camps.

fastboy21
04-18-2014, 04:38 AM
its not that folks are ignorant totally...its that pick up groups tend to need certain classes much more frequently. your best bet of getting a seb group as a nec is to actually make a group yourself. zone in. find an open camp and start inviting other people. if you wait for someone to randomly take you as a lfg you will just wait longer, much longer sometimes, by just sitting with your lfg tag up.

Hollywood
04-18-2014, 05:06 AM
The other annoying thing with Seb, is that it's the worst zone for mismatched group levels and 60s invites. The amount of times I and others have suffered the journey there, to join a group that suddenly does three replacements, sitting around for half and hour or more, and then the replacements are 59s and 60s. What idiot thought that was a good idea? How lazy is everyone?

Swish
04-18-2014, 08:06 AM
Often see necros spamming LFG at the Seb zone in, I like them as backup healers, backup CC, some dps added...and play a necro myself.

Sadly people commonly think that a necro fills a potential dps slot better saved for an extra rogue/monk/etc...it's all about grinding mobs down as quickly as possible in there.

KC however... you can really get yourself going. Charm a prisoner from basement (they're the first to light blue around 55-57) and add big dps.

fastboy21
04-18-2014, 08:08 AM
Often see necros spamming LFG at the Seb zone in, I like them as backup healers, backup CC, some dps added...and play a necro myself.

Sadly people commonly think that a necro fills a potential dps slot better saved for an extra rogue/monk/etc...it's all about grinding mobs down as quickly as possible in there.

KC however... you can really get yourself going. Charm a prisoner from basement (they're the first to light blue around 55-57) and add big dps.

in the typical min/max eq grp this is the set up =/

Swish
04-18-2014, 08:16 AM
in the typical min/max eq grp this is the set up =/

That's the key, you need to get a guild group going or forever be at the mercy of these min/maxers.

Lisset
04-18-2014, 09:15 AM

Spectral curates are lower. Some are light blue at 54. If you have a chanter with you they have the side benefit of being able to be tapped for mana. Chanter/necro is a really good duo cobo there besides.

Supaskillz
04-18-2014, 10:13 AM
Should be able to get seb groups, although may be worth trying to get a few together to head there and start a new group instead.

Nodd
04-18-2014, 02:41 PM
53? Go slaughter the hhk bards/nobles and soak it up until the nightmare of 54 descends upon thee.

Swish
04-18-2014, 02:58 PM
53? Go slaughter the hhk bards/nobles and soak it up until the nightmare of 54 descends upon thee.

There or Felwithe guards, both good spots.

Rararboker
04-18-2014, 03:05 PM
What I got from this thread is, once your level 59, your not supposed to be in Seb anymore. I guess your supposed to level up on air and fantasies?

If your level 60, your also not allowed to earn more exp. Have fun dying and reverting back to 59!

Either that or these people are just whiny as fuck.

Adolphus
04-18-2014, 03:20 PM
What I got from this thread is, once your level 59, your not supposed to be in Seb anymore. I guess your supposed to level up on air and fantasies?

If your level 60, your also not allowed to earn more exp. Have fun dying and reverting back to 59!

Either that or these people are just whiny as fuck.

... honestly not sure how you got any of that from this thread :P

I think the OP was just not aware of how things tend to work on the server and was asking an honest question.

cries4hardcore
04-21-2014, 09:16 AM
Yeah, the lack of progression has sort of made things off limits that didn't use to be. Oh well, still hoping someone will take my cleric under 60 in seb, I miss that zone.

Rararboker
04-21-2014, 04:35 PM
... honestly not sure how you got any of that from this thread :P

I think the OP was just not aware of how things tend to work on the server and was asking an honest question.

My response wasn't to the OP, he was asking a legit question. Mine was in response to this:

Khaleesi: "Having said that, Seb can be a particular problem because as Adolphus says, a lot of group spots that would otherwise be filled by appropriate level players for xp purposes, are taken up by 58+ players hoping for loot."

Hollywood: "The other annoying thing with Seb, is that it's the worst zone for mismatched group levels and 60s invites. The amount of times I and others have suffered the journey there, to join a group that suddenly does three replacements, sitting around for half and hour or more, and then the replacements are 59s and 60s. What idiot thought that was a good idea? How lazy is everyone?"

It's like they think there are other zones for people that are 58+ aside from Seb/HS/Chardok. Nope, those are the end of the line for dungeon XP. At least until velious is out.

Tasslehofp99
04-21-2014, 05:04 PM
Just solo, its way faster exp anyway...then you can solo in HS to get monies for gear etc

I hate full groups tbh, wherever they are. I feel as if necros fit in well with smaller 3-4 man type groups, though.

fishingme
04-22-2014, 10:15 AM
Just solo, its way faster exp anyway...then you can solo in HS to get monies for gear etc

I hate full groups tbh, wherever they are. I feel as if necros fit in well with smaller 3-4 man type groups, though.

can you show me how to solo HS on my 57 cleric?

Brawley17
04-22-2014, 12:44 PM
I start Seb grps all the time as a Druid. I have leveled from 54-58 mostly in Seb, some time spent in Sol B when I need a change of scenery.

Yes many groups are of the min max variety but there are plenty of players who aren't that way. You probably aren't getting many King or Crypt groups if you are not one of the "min max" classes. But i've had lots of fun in disco/chef/NG in Sebilis.

Tasslehofp99
04-22-2014, 07:38 PM
can you show me how to solo HS on my 57 cleric?

Sure, send tasslehof a tell in-game and I'd love to.

thieros
04-23-2014, 08:56 AM
Yeah, the lack of progression has sort of made things off limits that didn't use to be. Oh well, still hoping someone will take my cleric under 60 in seb, I miss that zone.

you should be able to find groups... i started my cleric there at 50 and didnt have a hard time finding a spot. really CH is all ya need to get anywhere, the rest are just bonuses to your inefficiency (aside from king/maybe crypt).

also, necros can be a powerful support class providing crucial snaring as well as twitch and ghetto cc as there arent much in the way of undead charming. Heed the advice of an earlier poster, post up at ent, form your own groups and watch your exp bar flourish. When this fails, as mentioned earlier, move to KC basement for sick undead charming (and loot potential) or HS basement for supreme exp with no loot. Lots of options for ya to get over the hump braj!

Clark
04-23-2014, 11:36 AM
To be clear, a 53 necromancer is plenty welcome in a 50s group - by people who appreciate the class. It is unfortunately one that's misunderstood as far as grouping goes, so do not be surprised at the lack of group invites.

Having said that, Seb can be a particular problem because as Adolphus says, a lot of group spots that would otherwise be filled by appropriate level players for xp purposes, are taken up by 58+ players hoping for loot.

Chardok, Charasis and Sebilis are subject to this type of dual purpose behavior.

My recommendation is to find a cleric/enc/shaman and duo/trio in some outdoor areas or small manageable dungeon camps.