PDA

View Full Version : EQs nine year timeline

kelsolo
08-18-2010, 01:12 AM
http://eqdev.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/nine_year_timeline1.jpg

Had never seen this before and thought others might find it interesting.

Cheers.

fuji
08-18-2010, 01:21 AM
Why does it say epics came way after velious being launched?

XeldiablosX
08-18-2010, 01:46 AM
yea i think that might be off a bit as well from my recollection >.> nice timeline though hehe.

oldhead
08-18-2010, 02:03 AM
Fixed

http://i36.tinypic.com/15ps8s0.jpg

XeldiablosX
08-18-2010, 02:15 AM
LMFAO nice =p

Reiker
08-18-2010, 02:43 AM
Who's Sara?

oldhead
08-18-2010, 02:58 AM
Who's Sara?

ssra?

Emoqq
08-18-2010, 03:45 AM
This is based from archived patch notes.

*Apr 99 - Game goes live
*Oct 99 - Temple of Solusek Ro
*Jan 00 - Plane of Sky
*Feb 00 - City of Paineel
Apr 00 - Kerra Ridge + Splitpaw 2.0
Apr 00 - Kunark
June 00 - The Hole
Sep 00 - Epic Quests
Dec 00 - Velious
Mar 01 - The Warrens
Mar 01 - Hate + Fear 2.0
Aug 01 - Stoneburnt
Dec 01 - Everyone goes to hell aka Luclin

* - Active on P99

tsonka
08-18-2010, 06:48 AM
You need to change it so 'Crap" starts right on the 2001 dot

Emoqq
08-18-2010, 07:32 AM
What? I liked the Warrens.........

Messianic
08-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Luclin wasn't the beginning of the crap - I liked it for the most part. However, it does mark the decisive turning point in the game - think of it as the apex - everything after went straight down.

Tork
08-18-2010, 08:56 AM
I greatly disliked the 2.0 versions - warts, buggy shaman pet pathing and all, Paw and Hate are great zones.

Raz
08-18-2010, 09:07 AM
all 2.0 versions were generally terrible, yes

Raz
08-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Except 2.0 tork that is; what a fierce and mighty beast.

Malrubius
08-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Still amazes me how closely together Kunark and Velious came out, considering how huge/amazing those two expansions were. 2000 was a great year for EQ.

Striiker
08-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Hmm, I know we are going as far as Velious but does that include the free upgrades which came out after but before Luclin? (i.i The Hole, The Warrens and Stonebrunt)
I liked those zones so I am hopeful. (and this time, I'm not going to fall into the hole and lose EVERYTHING to a corpse rot). ;)

Arclanz
08-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Still amazes me how closely together Kunark and Velious came out, considering how huge/amazing those two expansions were. 2000 was a great year for EQ.

Was thinking the same. It's amazing how much content they created in just seven months (unless they had separate teams working on kunark and velious). Look at Vanguard; it took how many years and $millions to get out what they launched? Sure the mechanics and graphics were great; but Vanguard was severely lacking in content. It just seems like the SOE team working on kunark and velious were SO MUCH more productive.

For the record, once I got over the absurdity of going to the moon; I quite enjoyed Luclin. In fact I enjoyed every single expansion SOE came out with; I only wish the expansions were spaced out several years between each; and I had an army of friends to experience that content with as it was intended; not after it was deprecated by newer expansions.

Arclanz
08-18-2010, 11:01 AM
This is based from archived patch notes.

*Apr 99 - Game goes live
*Oct 99 - Temple of Solusek Ro
*Jan 00 - Plane of Sky
*Feb 00 - City of Paineel
Apr 00 - Kerra Ridge + Splitpaw 2.0
Apr 00 - Kunark
June 00 - The Hole
Sep 00 - Epic Quests
Dec 00 - Velious
Mar 01 - The Warrens
Mar 01 - Hate + Fear 2.0
Aug 01 - Stoneburnt
Dec 01 - Everyone goes to hell aka Luclin

* - Active on P99

Didn't plane of hate open in october 99? I think the kithicor event (that left a permanent scar on norrath) was october 99.

guineapig
08-18-2010, 11:41 AM
http://eqdev.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/nine_year_timeline1.jpg

Had never seen this before and thought others might find it interesting.

Cheers.

This thing is was incorrect, please don't try to make sense of it or go by it. For the purposes of this server, the next year looks like this:

Temple of Solusek Ro: October 13th, 1999
Battle of Bloody Kithicor / Plane of Hate: October 31st, 1999 (estimate)
Plane of Sky: January, 2000
Kunark: March (or April), 2000
Ruins of Old Paineel (The Hole): June 22, 2000

Also, Epics come out a couple months before the release of Velious in case you are wondering.

rioisk
08-18-2010, 11:55 AM
so epic quests aren't until velious?

guineapig
08-18-2010, 12:10 PM
so epic quests aren't until velious?

Read the whole thread:

Also, Epics come out a couple months before the release of Velious in case you are wondering.

Pyrocat
08-18-2010, 12:14 PM
So wait, how is Paw and Kerra Ridge 2.0 different from what we have on this server?

guineapig
08-18-2010, 12:27 PM
So wait, how is Paw and Kerra Ridge 2.0 different from what we have on this server?

Paw is 2.0 because there is nothing left of the original Paw. There was no data available to duplicate it anywhere. The devs have mentioned this a bunch of times. This is due to the fact that the zone was changed so early in the life of the game before people were packet sniffing and creating databases for everything.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-1570.html

As far as Kerra Ridge goes I'm not sure. But thanks for reminding me that this is the only place left on the server that I have not visited yet! :D

Straif
08-18-2010, 01:17 PM
I miss it... =/

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/gallery/ingamemaps/luclin1.jpg

Reiker
08-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Yeah, Kerra Ridge and Splitpaw have always been 2.0 here.

fuji
08-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Was thinking the same. It's amazing how much content they created in just seven months (unless they had separate teams working on kunark and velious). Look at Vanguard; it took how many years and $millions to get out what they launched? Sure the mechanics and graphics were great; but Vanguard was severely lacking in content. It just seems like the SOE team working on kunark and velious were SO MUCH more productive.

For the record, once I got over the absurdity of going to the moon; I quite enjoyed Luclin. In fact I enjoyed every single expansion SOE came out with; I only wish the expansions were spaced out several years between each; and I had an army of friends to experience that content with as it was intended; not after it was deprecated by newer expansions.

I think it was due to the fact that Velious didnt increase the level cap, add AA's, new graphics(though DX7 looked awesome), etc. They used a lot of the same creatures too.

guineapig
08-18-2010, 02:38 PM
I think it was due to the fact that Velious didnt increase the level cap, add AA's, new graphics(though DX7 looked awesome), etc. They used a lot of the same creatures too.

Plus they used less colors...

"Let's paint that blue and white... let's paint this white and blue... no no, lighter blue!" :p

Estolcles
08-18-2010, 09:17 PM
If there was only a way to introduce beastlords and Vah Shir WITHOUT bringing in Luclin. I still wanna play as a kitty. But really hated the moon, it's zones, and obviously the Nexus and PoK.

In actuality, I hated every add on because the weapons that came with really fucked everything else in the game up for those who'd been playing since launch, and scratched and clawed to hit 50 with the weapons then available.

Alas.

Emoqq
08-18-2010, 09:58 PM
If there was only a way to introduce beastlords and Vah Shir WITHOUT bringing in Luclin.

Easy. Make a zone in at Stonebrunt near the Warrens. Just say their in Odus and not the moon. Bam, Lost Karren City, not Vah Shir.

Change the sky in the city to be proper.

XDrake
08-18-2010, 10:33 PM
I feel The Warrens, Stonebrunt, and the Hole were planned for the original EQ, but fell through and were planned for later.

The Warrens and The Hole were underrated in their time. The Hole was a place you could take a casual guild to raid and come out with some good results.

Pyrocat
08-19-2010, 03:09 AM
Paw is 2.0 because there is nothing left of the original Paw. There was no data available to duplicate it anywhere. The devs have mentioned this a bunch of times. This is due to the fact that the zone was changed so early in the life of the game before people were packet sniffing and creating databases for everything.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-1570.html

As far as Kerra Ridge goes I'm not sure. But thanks for reminding me that this is the only place left on the server that I have not visited yet! :D

Yup I knew that, and I was asking if I was incorrect because I thought 2.0 was what we already had on this server.

Yeah, Kerra Ridge and Splitpaw have always been 2.0 here.

Ok, I thought so.

I feel The Warrens, Stonebrunt, and the Hole were planned for the original EQ, but fell through and were planned for later.

The Warrens and The Hole were underrated in their time. The Hole was a place you could take a casual guild to raid and come out with some good results.

I definitely agree. I really liked what they did with the Warrens, and I felt that Stonebrunt was an attempt that capitalize on that that wasn't as successful, but still turned out good.

Both zones had a lot of good things going for them: Unique boss mobs, multiple named, lots of quests, and unique/novelty quest rewards (the best type of quest rewards)

The Warrens and Stonebrunt Mountains finally provided Odus with decent low/mid end dungeons and class/racial specific items for Necs/SKs. They introduced new weapon graphics and character models without falling prey to the "Luclin shininess". They even managed to tie in several quests with my favorite EQ dungeon of all time (Tower of Frozen Shadows) and several other Velious zones.

Which is why I'm glad (as last I heard) the plan is to implement both zones after Velious is launched, in accordance with the original timeline.

Hasbinbad
08-19-2010, 04:15 AM
I miss it... =/

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/gallery/ingamemaps/luclin1.jpg

If there was only a way to introduce beastlords and Vah Shir WITHOUT bringing in Luclin. I still wanna play as a kitty. But really hated the moon, it's zones, and obviously the Nexus and PoK.

In actuality, I hated every add on because the weapons that came with really fucked everything else in the game up for those who'd been playing since launch, and scratched and clawed to hit 50 with the weapons then available.

Alas.
Where's my damned rope?

maximum
08-19-2010, 09:09 AM
Fixed

http://i36.tinypic.com/15ps8s0.jpg

+1 brownie point

RussMac316
08-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Lol, everyone notice how each expansion has fewer and fewer bullet points as they progress...