PDA

View Full Version : Shared Bank Patch

Shift
04-19-2014, 10:15 AM
How about this Gm's need to put in the Patch, Shared Bank Slot to work so , we don't have to risk of 2 boxing for a good cause.

I know it's not classic but we are running on Titanium Client not original Ruins of Kunark

it would make it alot easier transfering items to your char's and other guildies if that other char is closer to give the items that are needing to be disbursed.

Thanks, Sincerely ,KiShift Leader of The Elite.

Vote up folks maybe they will do it so they will not have to ban people for accidenly 2 boxing trying to transfer items.

phacemeltar
04-19-2014, 10:18 AM
not getting banned is part of the challenge!

Champion_Standing
04-19-2014, 10:27 AM
The shared bank slots were here when the server first opened, they removed them.

Never coming back.

Zalora
04-19-2014, 10:28 AM
Transferring items is a privilege, not a right. Just get a friend or guild mate to do it for you. Not a big deal.

Hollywood
04-19-2014, 10:33 AM
Transferring items is a privilege, not a right. ...

So is spandex!

Swish
04-19-2014, 10:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/LdCm8tR.gif

myriverse
04-19-2014, 10:54 AM
Voted yes, because a shared bank would be awesome.

But I know it'll never happen.

radditsu
04-19-2014, 11:10 AM
Enabling shared bank would just bring back the ability to dupe items. There are cheaty cheat plugins out there that can do this... Let em stay gone.

Somekid123
04-19-2014, 11:29 AM
That and allowing you to carry 2 of the same Lore items per char.

Barkingturtle
04-19-2014, 11:39 AM
I would guess I've done over a thousand drop-transfers during the life of this server and I've only lost all my stuff once.

myriverse
04-19-2014, 12:23 PM
That and allowing you to carry 2 of the same Lore items per char.
Not really, no. You still couldn't carry them.

Lagaidh
04-19-2014, 01:46 PM
Transferring items is a privilege, not a right. Just get a friend or guild mate to do it for you. Not a big deal.

What if we paid them a donation for a shared bank slot like some might think to try for a name change?

Elendae
04-19-2014, 01:47 PM
It's a bit of a pain, but it's a small thing that discourages being social and developing trust. Somewhat of an aside, I am personally going to ditch my seller alt. I may store items on him, but these mules give too much anonymity and add very little to the community, in my opinion.

Trosh
04-19-2014, 02:13 PM
Go play on live if you want a shared bank slot.. the whole point of P99 is for it to be classic, and therefore difficult. I say leave it as is.

Swish
04-19-2014, 02:44 PM
Go play on live if you want a shared bank slot.. the whole point of P99 is for it to be classic, and therefore difficult. I say leave it as is.

khanable
04-19-2014, 02:45 PM
not classic

Swish
04-19-2014, 03:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/apRp7TQ.gif

Blade
04-19-2014, 03:20 PM
If Cucumbers' sexy adonis like lizard body doesn't want it, I don't want it.

Clark
04-19-2014, 05:23 PM
The shared bank slots were here when the server first opened, they removed them.

Never coming back.

Yonkec
04-19-2014, 08:34 PM
Lemme translate that poll for you:

Hey everyone, I don't like being required to make friends in everquest, can you just add in a bunch of ezmode conveniences that were never classic so I can go 6box my way to victory in the hole? I prefer not to socialize and if you disagree with my request you are a noob fail that obviously wants to steal my pixels. Lets patch this bitch Diablo 3 style and make it the most single player mmo ever to exist!! Woo!

BattleToad
04-19-2014, 09:41 PM
How about getting things out of your existing shared bank that is now invisible?

Ele
04-19-2014, 09:47 PM
How about this Gm's need to put in the Patch, Shared Bank Slot to work so , we don't have to risk of 2 boxing for a good cause.

No.

We shouldn't even be able to sort items in our bank containers without first putting the containers into our main inventory.

Be grateful for what you have.

rollin5k
04-19-2014, 10:03 PM
Get real dog

Clang
04-19-2014, 10:21 PM
I voted yes for this - for the simple reason back in 2000 I ran 2 accounts. Having an extra account for my mage to get ports, transfer gear, etc etc was very nice and all quite legal and CLASSIC. I had 2 computers at the time, so boxing wasn't that hard - even though I didn't really do it on raids.

I'm not asking to drop the boxing exception (even though it's CLASSIC), simply because there are tools now allow you to automate boxing with ease. But it makes sense to drop some of the adherence to other CLASSIC rules that are annoying - and would have been gotten around with a 2nd legal account back in 2000.

yevea
04-19-2014, 10:30 PM
I voted yes for this - for the simple reason back in 2000 I ran 2 accounts. Having an extra account for my mage to get ports, transfer gear, etc etc was very nice and all quite legal and CLASSIC. I had 2 computers at the time, so boxing wasn't that hard - even though I didn't really do it on raids.

I'm not asking to drop the boxing exception (even though it's CLASSIC), simply because there are tools now allow you to automate boxing with ease. But it makes sense to drop some of the adherence to other CLASSIC rules that are annoying - and would have been gotten around with a 2nd legal account back in 2000.

oh boy.

you aren't paying a monthly fee for this server, shits not classic. deal with it, you don't get shared bank slots or 2boxing.

Dragonsblood1987
04-19-2014, 11:20 PM

I know it's not classic but we are running on Titanium Client not original Ruins of Kunark

it would make it alot easier transfering items to your char's and other guildies if that other char is closer to give the items that are needing to be disbursed.

Thanks, Sincerely ,KiShift Leader of The Elite.

Vote up folks maybe they will do it so they will not have to ban people for accidenly 2 boxing trying to transfer items.

In addition to this, people wouldn't have to worry about getting banned by proxy for transferring for someone who might have been involved with rmt bullshit. Kinda has me paranoid that I might be on a list somewhere for unknowingly interacting with an rmter.

Tasslehofp99
04-19-2014, 11:24 PM
In addition to this, people wouldn't have to worry about getting banned by proxy for transferring for someone who might have been involved with rmt bullshit. Kinda has me paranoid that I might be on a list somewhere for unknowingly interacting with an rmter.

I don't want a shared bank because it isn't classic but I have similar worries as you regarding doing a transfer for someone and getting flagged. Since the last wave of bans I've refused to do any transfers except for RL friends.

Sarajo
04-19-2014, 11:49 PM
add in a bunch of ezmode conveniences that were never classic so I can go 6box my way to victory in the hole? I prefer not to socialize and if you disagree with my request you are a noob fail that obviously wants to steal my pixels. Lets patch this bitch Diablo 3 style and make it the most single player mmo ever to exist!! Woo!
It's funny 'cuz EQLive!

Yonkec
04-20-2014, 01:05 PM
Did they not issue bans on live for people that broke the rules? That is nothing new, asking for huge concessions become someone else somewhere may at some time do something illegal and possibly may implicate you is not a reason to change the game. Why is it such a foreign concept to take responsibility for your own actions, if you are that worried about trading with someone and getting sucked into a ban wave, DONT FUCKING TRADE WITH RANDOMS. Problem solved without requiring shared bank slots. kthx

I would never agree to transfer a large amount of platinum from someone I dont know, or agree to trade their CoF and Prenerf Fungi Truncheon to their "alt". Why the shit would you? Anyone with that kind of scratch should have the intelligence to ask a trusted friend of their own and not /tell some unknown person standing in EC to assist. It's science.

Waedawen
04-20-2014, 01:19 PM
What if we paid them a donation for a shared bank slot like some might think to try for a name change?

Wow

Neither of those ideas are ethical or legitimate

drktmplr12
04-21-2014, 03:23 PM
accidenly 2 boxing trying to transfer items.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/h5VGabbDceY/hqdefault.jpg

moklianne
04-21-2014, 03:33 PM
I voted yes, only because IMO its a minor change that doesn't affect game play. All it does is prevent a good number of "I dropped my items on the ground, swapped characters and now they are gone" petitions. Apparently the number of those petitions hasn't hit a threshold that GM's can't live with yet. If it were to spike, it may be a different story.

Xer0
04-22-2014, 05:06 AM
Lemme translate that poll for you:

Hey everyone, I don't like being required to make friends in everquest, can you just add in a bunch of ezmode conveniences that were never classic so I can go 6box my way to victory in the hole? I prefer not to socialize and if you disagree with my request you are a noob fail that obviously wants to steal my pixels. Lets patch this bitch Diablo 3 style and make it the most single player mmo ever to exist!! Woo!

Pretty big stretch. Wanting shared banks means you're a 2-3-4-5-6 box? Do you expect to be taken seriously?

Yonkec
04-22-2014, 08:27 AM
Pretty big stretch. Wanting shared banks means you're a 2-3-4-5-6 box? Do you expect to be taken seriously?

Don't you ever question me again peasant!

Xer0
04-22-2014, 09:44 PM
Don't you ever question me again peasant!

Sod off, simpleton.

Tann
04-22-2014, 09:59 PM
join guild, avoid "accidental 2 boxing" (srsly wtf?) and ground transfers.

Derubael
04-22-2014, 10:16 PM
Shared bank slots won't be a thing on P99.

Also, Swish,

http://media.giphy.com/media/Pqyf10bxUAS4M/giphy.gif

This is fantastic.

NegaStoat
04-23-2014, 02:23 AM
not classic

agreed.

heartbrand
04-23-2014, 02:25 AM
This is one of those things that annoys me to no end. They'll put in custom variance to try to "fix" the raid scene, but they won't enable shared bank to stop scamming / item loss etc., which just results in more GM time being wasted.

Shift
04-23-2014, 08:24 AM
Shared bank slots won't be a thing on P99.

Also, Swish,

http://media.giphy.com/media/Pqyf10bxUAS4M/giphy.gif

This is fantastic.

Okay Derub you can close the poll then sir.:(

I just had to hear it from a GM myself.:cool:

moklianne
04-23-2014, 12:25 PM
This is one of those things that annoys me to no end. They'll put in custom variance to try to "fix" the raid scene, but they won't enable shared bank to stop scamming / item loss etc., which just results in more GM time being wasted.

Glenzig
04-23-2014, 12:29 PM
Don't understand the OP when he says people "accidentally" 2 box. How do you do that by accident exactly?