PDA

View Full Version : If you aren't playing Velious Beta, you are doing it wrong

Splorf22
04-20-2014, 04:51 PM
A few brave souls tried to 1-group the East Wing, but that turned out to be more or less impossible as the aggro range for the drakes is too large.

So Alunova summoned various mobs for us to the zone in, starting with East trash and including Dozekar and Ikatiar the Venom (we wiped) as we gradually got up to about 18 people. If we'd had more, we could have killed them and tried some of the harder ones.

Its just ridiculous to me that with 1000+ people on Blue constantly no one wants to play Beta. Not only is it something new and fresh (and way, way more challenging than roflstomping Kunark for the 500th time) but the people that do the best when Velious comes out for real are the people who know the zones and encounters from Beta, not the people who spend all their time acquiring Kunark pixels XYZ which will be quickly obsoleted anyway.

TL;DR: If you aren't playing Velious Beta, you are doing it wrong

jaybone
04-20-2014, 04:52 PM
Wah

Quineloe
04-20-2014, 04:54 PM
Shall I bring my 37 warrior or my 36 wizard?

Frug
04-20-2014, 05:03 PM
Not all of us are stomping kunark for the 500'th time; some of us are doing it for the first or first-with-this-character time.

When you play on beta, what happens to your char when it goes live; all that progress gone?

sox7d
04-20-2014, 05:04 PM
Not all of us are stomping kunark for the 500'th time; some of us are doing it for the first or first-with-this-character time.

When you play on beta, what happens to your char when it goes live; all that progress gone?

Yes, I'd also like to know the answer to this.

Splorf22
04-20-2014, 05:10 PM

If you joined in February, you get a free pass as far as I am concerned. But there are way more people with max toons than there are on Beta.

And I assume that when Beta is over yes, they'll be wiped.

Goofier
04-20-2014, 05:15 PM
Shall I bring my 37 warrior or my 36 wizard?

Yup.
48 druid here.
Where you want me?

Valere
04-20-2014, 05:18 PM
Already tested and got some PoG bugs fixed with IB, tested some weapon procs that got early nerfs/alterations on live, tested some faction stuff and drops in a few random dungeons, and helped out on the stress test recently. Hoping to get more to do some stuff soon, and still havent gotten my water ele illusion from sirens D:

Swish
04-20-2014, 05:21 PM
People still trying to camp their 5th hiero cloak though. All the "when is Velious happening" trolls trying to play EconomyQuest for release night - hyperinflation because of that is going to be so retarded as pixel whores try to take up all the good camps :p

Watch 500 people log on though if Rogean/Nilbog promise an exclusive giveaway, the fact is people are too attached to pixel hunting to want to play on the beta server at the moment or are determined to get their 1st/10th character to 60.

Sad really, because the hype was everywhere before it went up.

jaybone
04-20-2014, 05:22 PM
You know what thrives pixel hoarding? RMT.

feanan
04-20-2014, 07:48 PM
Eh, personally speaking, I don't want to spend my time testing content I'm never going to see when it goes live.

In my opinion, should be all the raiding guilds over there testing things

Conscript
04-20-2014, 07:50 PM
Eh, personally speaking, I don't want to spend my time testing content I'm never going to see when it goes live.

But then how would they get their loot to sell at overpriced prices to the non-raiders?!

Can't let that happen!

GlassMachine
04-20-2014, 09:57 PM
Not all of us play this game to raid.

I know I'm sick of that scene, played end game for way too long on too many different games. Shit's real tired to me, I'm not trying to do bosses I've done a million times. I get why people still do it though, so that's cool.

Anyways, I'd copy over my character but they really only seem to care about testing raiding content. Even the message last night was to head to velious beta if you're 60 and geared well enough.

Not everyone's doing it wrong. If they need lower zones tested then I'm all over it. But that doesn't seem to be the case, really.

Dragonmist
04-20-2014, 10:01 PM
They need a /betabuff command anyone can create a level 1 /betabuff that way they can have a level 60 raid geared character they can use to test it. Lot more people would be interested in this im sure especially those with low level or non raid mains.

phacemeltar
04-20-2014, 10:03 PM
if i go to server select and see more than 30 people on velious server i will totally join.. i just got bored of soloing crap

Stabulous
04-20-2014, 10:44 PM
They need a /betabuff command anyone can create a level 1 /betabuff that way they can have a level 60 raid geared character they can use to test it. Lot more people would be interested in this im sure especially those with low level or non raid mains.

I'd totally help if there was a command like that. I guess I'll just settle for donating to the server upkeep instead as all the hard work is appreciated.

webrunner5
04-20-2014, 10:56 PM
I gave up on the Beta. Heck with doing all that faction work to wake up maybe tomorrow and the server goes live. I have better things to do than do all that work for nothing in the end. It was fun at the start but I will wait.

Thulack
04-20-2014, 10:58 PM
you can max your faction spamming a NPC with lines of text..

Danth
04-20-2014, 11:35 PM
Velious probably isn't in any worse a state than P1999 was when the server first opened. Push it live and they'd have all the bug reports they could possibly want.

Danth

slappytwotoes
04-21-2014, 12:40 AM
Velious probably isn't in any worse a state than P1999 was when the server first opened. Push it live and they'd have all the bug reports they could possibly want.

Danth

+1

Only problem with this though is keeping the timeline on future patches... hard to be fixing bugs and implementing would-be changes on a strict deadline.

Sweetbaby Jesus
04-21-2014, 12:59 AM

This

Tasslehofp99
04-21-2014, 03:00 AM

There was no raid content available for testing until this past Friday. The other content needs to be tested thoroughly, through all zones/quests/etc.

get testing kids

Visual
04-21-2014, 03:07 AM
Schedule a time with at least a weeks advance notice and I'm sure there will be a strong turnout.

Millburn
04-21-2014, 04:01 AM
Seriously, the lack of /betabuff is inexcusable at this point.

Ingrum
04-21-2014, 05:16 AM
Seriously, the lack of /betabuff is inexcusable at this point.

What he said.

myriverse
04-21-2014, 07:32 AM

Pretty much this. There's really nothing I want from Velious. I don't even plan to visit the live version. I still haven't put a dent in my Kunark... or Antonica... and haven't even touched Faydwer. Odus? Wazzat?

Not all of us play this game to raid.

I know I'm sick of that scene, played end game for way too long on too many different games. Shit's real tired to me, I'm not trying to do bosses I've done a million times. I get why people still do it though, so that's cool.

Anyways, I'd copy over my character but they really only seem to care about testing raiding content. Even the message last night was to head to velious beta if you're 60 and geared well enough.

Not everyone's doing it wrong. If they need lower zones tested then I'm all over it. But that doesn't seem to be the case, really.
I'm sure raids aren't all that needs testing.

I gave up on the Beta. Heck with doing all that faction work to wake up maybe tomorrow and the server goes live. I have better things to do than do all that work for nothing in the end. It was fun at the start but I will wait.
Well, you do get something "in the end": the finished product and the satisfaction of knowing you contributed. Not enough? That's the boat I'm in. I've never had the desire to beta test, even the things I really, really, really want to use. Troubleshooting things doesn't sound fun to me.

Don't know how true this is, but if so, then yeah. However, I'm sure it would be live if the devs thought it could be.

bluejam
04-21-2014, 07:42 AM
+1

Only problem with this though is keeping the timeline on future patches... hard to be fixing bugs and implementing would-be changes on a strict deadline.
not dissing the devs, but this didn't work for kunark and it won't work for velious, so the course of action is bashing out the huge kinks and w/e small crap you can find until it's ready for its beta release (we're actually in alpha mode atm despite being called beta).

Khaleesi
04-21-2014, 07:53 AM
A few brave souls tried to 1-group the East Wing, but that turned out to be more or less impossible as the aggro range for the drakes is too large.

So Alunova summoned various mobs for us to the zone in, starting with East trash and including Dozekar and Ikatiar the Venom (we wiped) as we gradually got up to about 18 people. If we'd had more, we could have killed them and tried some of the harder ones.

This is one reason people are avoiding it, because there's intervention (for better and worse) by the devs/GMs that ruin the whole point of many encounters/adventures.

If you can't beat it without assistance, then YOU'RE not doing it right. And if it's broken, then why would anyone want to play that? People aren't on Velious to bug test any ways, and may not come across that kind of glitch you described unless by accident. The reason people are on Beta are for what you say in this next paragraph:

Its just ridiculous to me that with 1000+ people on Blue constantly no one wants to play Beta. Not only is it something new and fresh (and way, way more challenging than roflstomping Kunark for the 500th time) but the people that do the best when Velious comes out for real are the people who know the zones and encounters from Beta, not the people who spend all their time acquiring Kunark pixels XYZ which will be quickly obsoleted anyway.

If people wanted to learn zones (which let's face it, most don't because they are too lazy or don't care, and that sums up about 80% of Blue players right now), then they'd do the following :

Look at maps
Ask other people
Go onto an EZ/solo server and run through all the dungeons and memorize them
Go onto an EZ/solo server and fight encounters they can do alone, as to learn tactics

Going onto Velious beta, trying to scrounge together X amount of people and fight broken content won't solve anything or give anyone an advantage.

Besides, anyone whom is interested in racing to be the first at anything when Velious comes out, is already prepared and knows exactly what to do. So why not horde Kunark 'pixels' until a time when Velious actually matters?

fastboy21
04-21-2014, 08:20 AM
betabuff would help.

someone should organize an "open raid" on the beta server for a specific time and place. i.e. on Wednesday at 8 pm EST we are hosting an open raid on NTOV North. Please bring your char to tov zone in.

you'd get a turn out if stuff were organized, especially if betabuff worked.

i do find it surprising that out of thousands of players only a few are testing the beta.

Rogean
04-21-2014, 09:20 AM
I don't have a problem with implementing a beta buff, However.. Buffing level and skills is relatively easy but populating your inventory with all the necessary gear would take longer to set up. This would need to include all necessary inventory clickies as well, spell book stuff, etc.

Even if someone provided a list of everything needed I'd still have to go through and create the base characters, summon the items, mem the spells. This could easily take half a day or more.

I could cheat though and just rip the best geared character on live from each class...

phacemeltar
04-21-2014, 09:26 AM
I don't have a problem with implementing a beta buff, However.. Buffing level and skills is relatively easy but populating your inventory with all the necessary gear would take longer to set up. This would need to include all necessary inventory clickies as well, spell book stuff, etc.

Even if someone provided a list of everything needed I'd still have to go through and create the base characters, summon the items, mem the spells. This could easily take half a day or more.

I could cheat though and just rip the best geared character on live from each class...

what about a vendor that sells commonly sought-after armors? stick him at the docks with the other vendors.. would be nice to be able to buy a fungi or a nice weapon.

OR

activate "defiant armor" and allow to be purchased in packages, like a bag full of defiant. can call it tester gear.

fadetree
04-21-2014, 09:26 AM

That seems like it would work. Stick a fungi in everybody's bp as well :)

note :
yes, I know int casters cant use them. It would just be a tease.

tekniq
04-21-2014, 09:29 AM
I think one of the main issues with verious is that people don't want to spend X amount of hours doing quests if they can't enjoy the fruits of their labor when the server goes live.

Perhaps a better idea to get more UAT is by making all quest items 100% drop, max tradeskills; therefore both sides can get something out of it.

As Tyler said it best...what are we? We are consumers. We're the bi-products of a lifestyle obsession. Testing bugs, broken quests, killing dragons without a permanent reward, these things don't concern me. What concerns me is stockpiling my pp to buy Velious items, getting my 5th alt to 60, camping items, fungis.

Mirana
04-21-2014, 10:50 AM

This is a great idea. I think this would provide some additional incentive to test as well. I'd log on and play around for a while if for no other reason than to see what it's like to be an insanely geared version of some of the different classes. I could test out potential duos/trios with friends while testing at the same time.

Erati
04-21-2014, 10:56 AM
I had a blast doing ToV this weekend!

big props to Checkraise and Sakuragi for tanking Dozekar on Easter :) Almost got him to 97% with 16! lol

Enjoyed it and will be willing to assist in any future mini 'raids' the Devs, or big guilds want to hold on Beta.

nilbog
04-21-2014, 11:02 AM
I think one of the main issues with verious is that people don't want to spend X amount of hours doing quests if they can't enjoy the fruits of their labor when the server goes live.

This is probably the case, but it saddening to hear. Having beta tested games since the late 90s till today.. this is how it is done. Most games, aside from ones like Hearthstone, do not allow players to keep achievements earned in beta. I helped in ESO, knowing that I wouldn't keep anything. I helped beta wow, knowing I wouldn't keep anything. The list goes on.

heartbrand
04-21-2014, 11:02 AM
Ya beta has been fun, but would be a big help if you released some armor merchants to let us be able to buy not necessarily bis vulak loot to test with but skyshrine armor / vindi bp / maybe some of the easier mobs like eashen loot etc, especially if we will continually be testing with lesser numbers. I remember when I beta tested multiple eq expansions they had vendors set up in plane of knowledge or whatever the hub zone was with expac appropriate gear.

Also dunno why everyone is crying about beta rewards, the reward is getting to help get the content out and a chance to have a tactical advantage over others who didn't test by knowing the ins and outs of the content first.

Thulack
04-21-2014, 11:08 AM
Ya beta has been fun, but would be a big help if you released some armor merchants to let us be able to buy not necessarily bis vulak loot to test with but skyshrine armor / vindi bp / maybe some of the easier mobs like eashen loot etc, especially if we will continually be testing with lesser numbers. I remember when I beta tested multiple eq expansions they had vendors set up in plane of knowledge or whatever the hub zone was with expac appropriate gear.

Also dunno why everyone is crying about beta rewards, the reward is getting to help get the content out and a chance to have a tactical advantage over others who didn't test by knowing the ins and outs of the content first.

This. Never thought i would be assisting Checkraise on a mob but it was fun seeing what we could do and what the encounters will be like come velious.

heartbrand
04-21-2014, 11:11 AM
Not gonna lie, beta kinda makes me wish they would just allow people to transfer off red, since I don't see anything being doable on that server in velious based on the testing this weekend. Guess it's never too late to roll on blue but bleh at starting from scratch.

moklianne
04-21-2014, 11:11 AM
There needs to be some real incentive to pull people away from their poopsocking.

It doesn't have to be something that gives them a leg up in the game though. Some ideas are titles, illusion clickies (that don't affect faction), or items with charges that are unique that can't be charged.

I love betas actually and would be actively playing on it if my character was 30+.

Erati
04-21-2014, 11:14 AM
Yep, I am hoping we can more GM/Dev lead raids each weekend similar to the past one.

I think a couple days notice and you will see the numbers X4 and X5 as word gets out.

Especially if we do as HB suggests and get some proper gear for these encounters. I mean I would like to at the very least have a Quest gem merchant set up so we can at least turn in this SS gear we got to drop during these test raids.

Laugher
04-21-2014, 11:16 AM
the reward is getting to help get the content out and a chance to have a tactical advantage over others who didn't test by knowing the ins and outs of the content first.

I feel like this is a good enough reason to be on beta; sure, I have seen Velious, but being that I started well after Velious was new content it has been fun for this reason to go and check out what things con, how easily I can kill, what factions I'm ok with by default etc.

I never raided much velious on live besides ToV with my guild (1 and a half raid dragon zerg) and it was loads of fun. To be able to see the xpac in this state is more exciting as my experience with Velious in this context is very little.

Leveling a new toon for Velious would be nice, but beta has been pretty fun.. we aren't forced to be part of beta nor pay for our time here, so it seems reasonable to me that 1 or 2 days of my playtime during the week be used to help the people who run this server (emphasis on for free to you) establish and confirm their labors and work toward the server since the release of Kunark.

tl;dr? Velious is good, your GMs ask for nothing in return=help a GM brotha out and reciprocate that privilege of free things by beta'ing for free for a day.

Erati
04-21-2014, 11:18 AM
There needs to be some real incentive to pull people away from their poopsocking.

It doesn't have to be something that gives them a leg up in the game though. Some ideas are titles, illusion clickies (that don't affect faction), or items with charges that are unique that can't be charged.

I love betas actually and would be actively playing on it if my character was 30+.

if your only character is around lvl 30 you dont need to worry about testing Beta Velious Raid encounters... we are making it sound fun but there are seriously plenty of things to do on the White server that is not raid related.

The faction grind is a simple spam of a hotkey, theres merchants in NRO and thurg with all the spells, instant res, corpse summon and Thurg gate.

Theres a gnome that teleports you to every zone with 1 word. All you gotta do is set up shop on blue with some 20 min farming camp/exp camp and tab to white and explore during down time.

Really tired of people requesting something 'tangible' to keep for their effort of logging in and pressing buttons on their key board when most are already at their keyboards anyway.

thieros
04-21-2014, 11:22 AM
All you gotta do is set up shop on blue with some 20 min farming camp/exp camp and tab to white and explore during down time.

Ingrum
04-21-2014, 11:31 AM
If there was a scheduled "Beta Night" every couple of weeks or so that was supported by the devs/GMs, with some obvious test goals for that evening, then myself and many others would surely be more likely to attend.

For example, a night could be scheduled for everyone to meet at ToV, possibly with some GM intervention, with a focus on testing out the East Wing for a couple of hours. After a couple of hours a head count would be done that would determine whether or not to continue, switch to different content and/or a "Test Quests Hour," or to just give everyone tons of fireworks and booze and see what happens.

I think a lot of us would be willing to give the beta a few hours every so often if we had a designated time and spot to meet at with some GM guidance and a unified mission to complete.

Gaunja
04-21-2014, 11:34 AM
I would love to help beta test velious. Im new to server though and main is only level 32. If I could use a premade 60 to help test, im more than happy to participate and help expedite the release of Velious. The sooner its released, the sooner the raid scene can move forward and alleviate the top heavy bottleneck. If any GM read this....

Please implement a create character button that will put predetermined BiS for velious testers. Not everyone has level 60s but would still like to help.

Ive got tons of raid experience in TOV and feel like I could help there but dont know how without a maxed character.

Thank you,
Jaylo

Erati
04-21-2014, 11:34 AM
Or Ingrum you can hop into TS and ask me for a Velious adventure causing a flurry of hugs from members who havnt seen you in a while leading to a spontaneous snow filled romp !

:) but I agree I would love for them to make like Friday night 9 pm est GM/Dev hosted raids on beta for tuning these encounters.

There is alot to get right.

Gaunja
04-21-2014, 11:36 AM
If there was a scheduled "Beta Night" every couple of weeks or so that was supported by the devs/GMs, with some obvious test goals for that evening, then myself and many others would surely be more likely to attend.

For example, a night could be scheduled for everyone to meet at ToV, possibly with some GM intervention, with a focus on testing out the East Wing for a couple of hours. After a couple of hours a head count would be done that would determine whether or not to continue, switch to different content and/or a "Test Quests Hour," or to just give everyone tons of fireworks and booze and see what happens.

I think a lot of us would be willing to give the beta a few hours every so often if we had a designated time and spot to meet at with some GM guidance and a unified mission to complete.

Solid idea.
+1

Ingrum
04-21-2014, 11:45 AM
Or Ingrum you can hop into TS and ask me for a Velious adventure causing a flurry of hugs from members who havnt seen you in a while leading to a spontaneous snow filled romp !

:) but I agree I would love for them to make like Friday night 9 pm est GM/Dev hosted raids on beta for tuning these encounters.

There is alot to get right.

Haha, I may have to take you up on that offer!

Nirgon
04-21-2014, 11:48 AM
Isn't lending Nilbog a hand making a good Velious server enough? That's the best reward you could get on this project.

fastboy21
04-21-2014, 11:55 AM
I would help test raid content if beta buff worked and someone organized times.

Otherwise I am pretty much useless for beta testing. I am prob not only one in this category. I would suggest just giving a fast beta buff setup...either steal the best p99 gear per class or just give a full Kael armor, etc to betabuffers to get them raid ready.

Sylexis
04-21-2014, 12:02 PM
I would love to help beta test velious. Im new to server though and main is only level 32. If I could use a premade 60 to help test, im more than happy to participate and help expedite the release of Velious. The sooner its released, the sooner the raid scene can move forward and alleviate the top heavy bottleneck. If any GM read this....

Or you could post on the forums, get a group together and head over to Crystal Caverns or TOFS. There's no reason that people who aren't level 60 can't help test Velious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone know if ToV is going to be open now or was that just this weekend?

Dragonmist
04-21-2014, 12:05 PM
Look at it this way Rogean at least they cant ban you for cheating! LOLz

I say go for it!

Rogean
04-21-2014, 12:14 PM
in 3 hours of raid testing temple of veeshan the raid forces got basically no where.. either they were intentionally acting retarded or they are the biggest lemmings in the world. If they plan to play like that on launch, it's gonna be a while until anything is killed.

We left the zone up. Raiding guilds should schedule themselves to see if they can get anywhere on their own. If they don't want to do it alone, coordinate with another guild. Forcing the guilds together just made things worse, from my own observations as well as feedback from the guild leaderships.

HeallunRumblebelly
04-21-2014, 12:17 PM
in 3 hours of raid testing temple of veeshan the raid forces got basically no where.. either they were intentionally acting retarded or they are the biggest lemmings in the world. If they plan to play like that on launch, it's gonna be a while until anything is killed.

We left the zone up. Raiding guilds should schedule themselves to see if they can get anywhere on their own. If they don't want to do it alone, coordinate with another guild. Forcing the guilds together just made things worse, from my own observations as well as feedback from the guild leaderships.

We had just got done with like 15 hours of raiding. Pls move spawns to wednesday.

Ele
04-21-2014, 12:43 PM

http://i.imgur.com/EhnhWBf.jpg

Khaleesi
04-21-2014, 12:46 PM

The question is, would this actually benefit the server(s), or just accommodate some players so they can have fun?

I still fail to see why super buffing and populating inventories with uber equipment is going to solve anything. If encounters need to be tested, they need to be tested - doesn't matter what items you possess. Nor would giving out equipment make people want to spend hours upon hours trying to identify glitches in raid content (which this is all it's about, let's be honest with ourselves), instead they'll forget all about that and just get caught up in the moment of whatever they are doing.

If staff really want bugs found, they need to get a set of dedicated volunteers (and if that means incentives given out, then do so), and then they and the players go through encounter by encounter.

And if staff don't care about the bugs, then launch the expansion and let's see what happens.

Splorf22
04-21-2014, 01:29 PM

This is inverted thinking imo: one of the advantages of beta is experiencing content that will be super contested when Velious goes live. IMO there are four really good reasons to play on beta:

Helping support a free project
It's not Kunark
Experiencing content that will be extremely contested on live
Gaining a tactical advantage for when Velious is actually released

You are hugely underestimating the issues with coordinating among multiple guilds (that don't like each other very much). For example, I fucked up and trained the raid on Raev. I thought some mechanics had changed, so I went back and single pulled Eashan's guards solo the next day.

Also, I don't think giving everyone full Vulak loot is really the answer, but some quest armor vendors would be nice. Say full dwarf armor, even, just so that people can get past the basics. If you want to give people incentives to play on Beta, then offer guises or something to people who find the most bugs.

fadetree
04-21-2014, 01:56 PM
I still fail to see why super buffing and populating inventories with uber equipment is going to solve anything. If encounters need to be tested, they need to be tested - doesn't matter what items you possess.

Well, but you cannot effectively test at least some encounters without good enough equipment. Part of testing Tunare, for instance, is actually killing her.

Mirana
04-21-2014, 03:38 PM
I still fail to see why super buffing and populating inventories with uber equipment is going to solve anything. If encounters need to be tested, they need to be tested - doesn't matter what items you possess.

Going to have to disagree very strongly here. Some encounters can't be tested without a certain level of gear. Additionally, stronger gear would help players kill more mobs, and therefore identify more pathing issues, more bugs, more npcs not working correctly, etc etc.

Derubael
04-21-2014, 04:19 PM
SELECT count(*) as 'Number of Level 60s On Blue Since April 15 12:01 AM' FROM `character_` WHERE level = 60 and timelaston > 1397520001

Number of Level 60s On Blue Since April 15 12:01 AM

http://i.imgur.com/5m37thJ.jpg

heartbrand
04-21-2014, 06:27 PM
GM aegolism stacks with aegolism FYI which effectively gives you the benefit of lots of bis velious gear minus resists / weapons.

jaybone
04-21-2014, 06:31 PM
SELECT count(*) as 'Number of Level 60s On Blue Since April 15 12:01 AM' FROM `character_` WHERE level = 60 and timelaston > 1397520001

Number of Level 60s On Blue Since April 15 12:01 AM

http://i.imgur.com/5m37thJ.jpg
Does that take in account all of TMO banned accounts?

Dragonmist
04-21-2014, 06:34 PM
Well I meant give the ability to /betabuff to put characters in BiS Kunark gear/epics to everyone.

Faction quests, Velious Armors, East ToV,ST key, etc would be best left to test to check for bugs not hand out freely.

Tasslehofp99
04-21-2014, 06:39 PM
Does that take in account all of TMO banned accounts?

This isn't rants and flames, move along now child.

Splorf22
04-21-2014, 06:42 PM
Well that query is pretty bad Derubael; you need to get unique IP addresses. I mean I logged on to like 4 L60 toons just myself.

The point remains, though.

Sylexis
04-21-2014, 07:01 PM
Going to have to disagree very strongly here. Some encounters can't be tested without a certain level of gear. Additionally, stronger gear would help players kill more mobs, and therefore identify more pathing issues, more bugs, more npcs not working correctly, etc etc.

Blue diamond resist gear for everyone would go the longest way in probably testing most of what you are talking about.

jaybone
04-21-2014, 07:29 PM
This isn't rants and flames, move along now child.

Ok guy who used to talk shit about the guild he's in now.

Ele
04-21-2014, 08:51 PM
Using walls and line of sight are better than any resist gear.

Derubael
04-21-2014, 09:38 PM
Well that query is pretty bad Derubael; you need to get unique IP addresses. I mean I logged on to like 4 L60 toons just myself.

The point remains, though.

That's like 3 different joins =P I thought about at least grouping by accounts, but meh.

Just put something simple together to illustrate the point :)

Also, thx for supporting beta!

Yonkec
04-21-2014, 10:51 PM
That's the problem most of the attention is being focused on the raid aspects when there is so much more out there to experience. That is what made me step away from the beta the fact relatively nobody was willing to do anything "outside of the box" so to speak in regards to normal dungeon crawls or going after rare spawns/drops.

Raiding growth, kael, and WW dragons was fun and all... but that stuff is going to be going on the entirety of the server. Getting the chance to experience empty zones that will most likely be heavily traffic'd when it goes live may not be. As was stated everyone seems to busy socking on blue after complaining for months/years for new content to even be bothered with actually trying the new content because it doesn't fulfill their greed/cockblock mentality.

That about sums it up.