PDA

View Full Version : Himeronim = KS'ing jerk

Troy
08-18-2010, 01:17 PM
This 44+ mage is running around as we speak KS'ing all of the HG's in Rathe. KS/Train him if at all possible. Don't EVER buy or sell from/to him. That is all.

Straif
08-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Rants and Flames. You're doing it wrong!

PhelanKA
08-18-2010, 01:34 PM
KS/Train him if at all possible.

KS/Train

him
if
at
all
possible.

I really thought the Kunark thread was the stupidest post so far today, but this might dumbest thing I've read this week.

Grats!

azeth
08-18-2010, 01:38 PM
KS = Kill Steal.

Did you have initial aggro on any of the HG's he killed?

Troy
08-18-2010, 01:39 PM
You don't read much. I don't have fraps or anything so this guy will go unpunished. The only way to punish him is therefore to give him a taste of his own medicine.

Troy
08-18-2010, 01:40 PM
KS = Kill Steal.

Did you have initial aggro on any of the HG's he killed?

6 of them. But I pull with my lvl 1 nuke which does 5 dmg max so it's pretty easy to steal them.

Anaiyah
08-18-2010, 01:41 PM
You don't read much. I don't have fraps or anything so this guy will go unpunished. The only way to punish him is therefore to give him a taste of his own medicine.

So KSing is a grievous offense worthy of a post...and you then advocate KSing him for vengeance. You sound bad at this game.

Troy
08-18-2010, 01:44 PM
You sound like someone who thinks spanking your kid is the same thing as him punching another kid on the playground. The punishment being similar to the offense does not necessarily mean that the punishment is poor.

Anaiyah
08-18-2010, 01:46 PM
You sound like someone who thinks spanking your kid is the same thing as him punching another kid on the playground. The punishment being similar to the offense does not necessarily mean that the punishment is poor.

Don't be ridiculous, I ALWAYS advocate punching children regardless of circumstances.

Troy
08-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Up to 7 stolen giants now.

Troy
08-18-2010, 01:48 PM
And yes, spanking == punching. Good call professor.

Straif
08-18-2010, 01:52 PM

If this guy legitimately stole your mobs. I'm sorry that sucks. But It happens.

You have no evidence to take action against him, and I doubt anyone is going to champion you cause based on your recount of his actions.

Please post in Rants & Flames next time.

Troy
08-18-2010, 01:58 PM
It's not some lvl 2 KS'ing an orc pawn, it's a high lvl player that ought to be watched and probably banned if he's always like this.

Straif
08-18-2010, 02:11 PM
If he's doing that shit, yes he's wrong but no one here can do anything about it. If you want to KS and train him fine. If you want to get the word out, fine.

But,

Nilbog: Rants and Flames is the home for bitching.

XeldiablosX
08-18-2010, 02:14 PM
Awe but I like hime hes a stand up guy :)

azeth
08-18-2010, 02:14 PM
I kinda feel bad when people have legitimate gripes, but as soon as they take the step to flame the griefer they themselves get flamed.

In reality, Troy is probably being KS'd. That sucks, though any interaction I've had with Himeronim has been positive.

XeldiablosX
08-18-2010, 02:18 PM
I have to agree with azeth here as well, only had positive interactions with hime so far.

Troy
08-18-2010, 02:22 PM
So what I'm getting from this conversation is that it's OK to do whatever you want because if anyone tries to complain about it, they will just be laughed at. Great, I have a new strategy once I get that bigger lvl 44 nuke.

azeth
08-18-2010, 02:31 PM
So what I'm getting from this conversation is that it's OK to do whatever you want because if anyone tries to complain about it, they will just be laughed at. Great, I have a new strategy once I get that bigger lvl 44 nuke.

Troy, if you glance at the R&F section and pick out a rant thread directed at any individual person (whether it be about KSing, training etc) - 99% of the OPs will have you convinced the other guy is a douche bag. However, every single thread eventually has the person being flamed retort and completely change the story.

People aren't instantly bandwagoning with you because, as per usual, there are 2 sides to the story.

Though like I said above, if you're being legitimately KS'd -> that sucks :(

Anaiyah
08-18-2010, 02:32 PM

No, what you are getting is people who have absolutely no proof of whats going on telling you that this is pointless and in the wrong forum. In the time this thread has been alive you could have downloaded fraps, taken evidence, uploaded it, and linked it here...why have you not?

Is it not a big enough deal to do that? Then why is it a big enough deal to post about and complain that you arent getting much sympathy?

Troy
08-18-2010, 02:41 PM
I was busy fighting for the few spawns I was able to get while he was too far away to kill them. He also was kind enough to leave a few of them alone for me. I was hoping a GM would be watching, but I turned out to be wrong on that one.

He stopped right after the 7th one anyway, maybe he saw the thread and decided it was no longer worth the risk. He also finally replied to my tells and insists that he hit all of the mobs first, but that's impossible.

Unless it's possible for my combat log to be different from his AND the display to have shown the mobs making a beeline for me, then suddenly changing direction and going for him despite he being the first to hit them.

Straif
08-18-2010, 02:54 PM
I was busy fighting for the few spawns I was able to get while he was too far away to kill them. He also was kind enough to leave a few of them alone for me. I was hoping a GM would be watching, but I turned out to be wrong on that one.

He stopped right after the 7th one anyway, maybe he saw the thread and decided it was no longer worth the risk. He also finally replied to my tells and insists that he hit all of the mobs first, but that's impossible.

Unless it's possible for my combat log to be different from his AND the display to have shown the mobs making a beeline for me, then suddenly changing direction and going for him despite he being the first to hit them.

What's more important?

Carrying on about something (in the wrong section of the forums) that no one can verify except you in attempt to get people rallied around your cause.

Or to do whatever you can possible to get him banned.

Not everyone thinks this kind of shit is OK to do. But none of us are involved with this situation. There is no evidence except your word. Some of my biggest mistakes have been jumping right on board with someone bitching about someone else before hearing the entire story. Than I look like a dick.

With that being said, you know what it takes to bring action against someone (GM-wise). Complain if you want to. But do it in the right forum and possibly with some screen shots if you want more support.

Troy
08-18-2010, 03:08 PM
You're right. All fraps all the time in the future. Goodbye disk space.

This started out as chat about what was happening on the server at that very moment, how is that not server chat?

Straif
08-18-2010, 03:14 PM
This (http://project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1594)

blabla
08-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Who cares dude, its Hill Giants, if it were seafuries thats something else, but its like taking pennies from a water fountain, get over it.. :P

PhelanKA
08-18-2010, 04:52 PM
if it were seafuries thats something else,

No. It still doesn't matter because the complaint is still in the wrong forums and tbh most of us don't care. The difference between HGs and SFs is bullshit moral equivalence.

Most of us have been KS'd. It happens. I'd wager most of us have also been the KS'er whether on accident (which also happens) or on purpose. This is what is called life, and I hope the OP learns a lesson in all of it. Airing out shit like this in the forums will do you 0 good. It's a bit like writing an editorial in the newspaper as the fiirst response when your house is broken into. Call 911. Use the tools available to you. Putting them in motion for personal justice is your responsibility. I didn't know if you knew this but no one gives a shit on the Internet.

Troy
08-18-2010, 05:06 PM
It did do some good. I now know that I need to run fraps 24/7 and anyone reading this will know it if they didn't already. In addition they'll know to watch out for a certain gnome in a purple robe. Further, they like me will have learned that 'Server Chat' is not just server chat.

Shanky
08-18-2010, 05:07 PM
QQ more bitch

Troy
08-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Ah, the wonderful p99 community.

xorbier
08-18-2010, 05:12 PM
This 44+ mage is running around as we speak KS'ing all of the HG's in Rathe. KS/Train him if at all possible. Don't EVER buy or sell from/to him. That is all.

I've heard many complain about this guy for ksing others. He's built quite the reputation in OOT for ksing Seafurys.

Shanky
08-18-2010, 05:16 PM
cry more over 15pp

xorbier
08-18-2010, 05:21 PM
cry more over 15pp

Actually SFs drop gems worth 60 - 120pp

PhelanKA
08-18-2010, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=Troy;119558]It did do some good. I now know that I need to run fraps 24/7... /QUOTE]

You play EQ 24/7...?

Seriously though, if someone KS's you once send them a polite or at least professional message asking them if they realized they KS'd you. If the person doesn't take you seriously, tells you to fuck off, ignores you, or tells you straight up that they intend to KS you then it's time to take SS's first then boot up Fraps.

I figured this would all be common sense pretty much, but whatever.

azeth
08-18-2010, 05:23 PM
[QUOTE=Troy;119558]It did do some good. I now know that I need to run fraps 24/7... /QUOTE]

You play EQ 24/7...?

Seriously though, if someone KS's you once send them a polite or at least professional message asking them if they realized they KS'd you. If the person doesn't take you seriously, tells you to fuck off, ignores you, or tells you straight up that they intend to KS you then it's time to take SS's first then boot up Fraps.

I figured this would all be common sense pretty much, but whatever.

QFT

@ OP: Don't you agree that a screenshot of the "fuck you" response would give your rant at least some credibility?

xorbier
08-18-2010, 05:25 PM
[QUOTE=PhelanKA;119580]

QFT

@ OP: Don't you agree that a screenshot of the "fuck you" response would give your rant at least some credibility?

I can vouch for this poster. I've had two friends tell me this guy KSd them at SFs and his response them was also "fuck you"... The guys a douche bag and i believe the poster was just giving everyone a heads up. No need to shit on the guy.

PhelanKA
08-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Actually SFs drop gems worth 60 - 120pp

For someone soloing SFs that's still pretty much chump change. Point is... Is it really worth all the whining and crying to just look like... well.... A big whiney crybaby in front of everyone?

xorbier
08-18-2010, 05:31 PM
For someone soloing SFs that's still pretty much chump change. Point is... Is it really worth all the whining and crying to just look like... well.... A big whiney crybaby in front of everyone?

Well unfortunately since physical violence doesn't work here it's our only option :(

Troy
08-18-2010, 05:32 PM
He was actually reasonably polite once he started responding at all (which took maybe 10-15 minutes). He insisted that he engaged every mob first, including one where I was sitting right on the spawn point and it attacked me immediately upon spawning and another which I had already taken down to ~80% which he used his big nuke on and ripped aggro right off my pet. To his credit though, he did not use any profanity. I can't say the same about myself.

PhelanKA
08-18-2010, 05:33 PM
I can vouch for this poster. I've had two friends tell me this guy KSd them at SFs and his response them was also "fuck you"... The guys a douche bag and i believe the poster was just giving everyone a heads up. No need to shit on the guy.

I understand. I come off as a dick sometimes, I know. My gripe with the OP is his entire presentation of the problem at hand. Making a big QQ thread, in the wrong forums, without evidence is a waste of bandwidth. Plain and simple.

I wash my hands of this whole thing. Good night, and good luck.

azeth
08-18-2010, 05:34 PM
hey the quotes are messed up! I didn't say that!

azeth
08-18-2010, 05:40 PM

PhelanKA
08-18-2010, 05:42 PM

I said I washed my hands!!!

Fine. :p

Humerox
08-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Ah, the wonderful p99 community.

Don't be fooled into thinking the forums represent P99 community.

:D

wrxBRAH
08-18-2010, 06:09 PM
You really want this server to turn into this? zomg he stoleded my SGs, blacklist the bad guy waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

http://sharetv.org/images/care_bears-show.jpg

Troy
08-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Typical jackass response.

No, I'd rather it be open PvP so he could kill and loot me rather than stealing mobs.

himer
08-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Lol Troy.

Relax bud, its gunna be ok.

First off I didn't KS you I tried explaining this to you and every responce was "fuck you man, im gunna make everyone hate you, train you and never assosiate with you". "Get out you make me so mad"

A HG spawned ontop of me and my pet, my pet attacked the hg so i was engaged in battle. He casted a spell on it. He explained that I ks'd him because he casted on the mob first regardless that the mob spawned ontop of me and my pet getting first few hits.

I tried giving him space to split up hg's theres plenty around. He is running right behind me every hg I go after so of course im going to nuke the fuck out of it. So i guess that turned into 7 ks'd, Even though I engaged battle each time? lol

Regardless man relax, kick back some fucking xanax or some shit. All I know is im gunna pack another bowl, and keep playing. You can try and "blacklist me" lol but alot of people know im a fair player and not an ass like your trying to make me out to be.

Anaiyah
08-18-2010, 06:26 PM

No, I'd rather it be open PvP so he could kill and loot me rather than stealing mobs.

Considering its blatantly obvious that you cant even handle PvE competition, this is a highly suspect claim.

Troy
08-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Yep, you're on fucking drugs but I'm the one who's misreading the battle logs.

Straif
08-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Lol Troy.

Relax bud, its gunna be ok.

First off I didn't KS you I tried explaining this to you and every responce was "fuck you man, im gunna make everyone hate you, train you and never assosiate with you". "Get out you make me so mad"

A HG spawned ontop of me and my pet, my pet attacked the hg so i was engaged in battle. He casted a spell on it. He explained that I ks'd him because he casted on the mob first regardless that the mob spawned ontop of me and my pet getting first few hits.

I tried giving him space to split up hg's theres plenty around. He is running right behind me every hg I go after so of course im going to nuke the fuck out of it. So i guess that turned into 7 ks'd, Even though I engaged battle each time? lol

Regardless man relax, kick back some fucking xanax or some shit. All I know is im gunna pack another bowl, and keep playing. You can try and "blacklist me" lol but alot of people know im a fair player and not an ass like your trying to make me out to be.

/friend Himeronim

Troy
08-18-2010, 06:46 PM
I also never said those things. That green shit is not very good for the memory.

himer
08-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Lol really?

Pretty much sums up what you said to me there. Its also funny how you automatically categorize somone as an idiot if they smoke pot.

Kutter
08-18-2010, 07:03 PM
That green shit is not very good for the memory.

I was gonna say something about this, but I forget what it is.

wrxBRAH
08-18-2010, 07:05 PM

Well I am your typical jackass and Im not the one crying on a forum about getting ksed for some measly SG exp and coin.

Really brah step away from the keyboard slowly before you pop some blood vessels.

Straif
08-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Really brah step away from the keyboard slowly before you pop some blood vessels.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OjzE9q_8-vY/SmQ98oQ3ciI/AAAAAAAAADc/KXr7GP9joMQ/s400/RAGEFACE.jpg
SO... FUCKING.... ANGRY!

Troy
08-18-2010, 07:12 PM
There are smart people who smoke, but even they are all idiots while they're smoking.

purist
08-18-2010, 07:37 PM
I'm just impressed the thread went this many pages before the first "lolumad."

nicemace
08-18-2010, 07:41 PM
posts like this are pathetic, no one actually cares if this guy is a douche. youre just whining for no reason.

you say you dont have fraps. why dont you download it ? if this guy is causing such an issue that its pissing you off. do what you NEED to do (AKA GET SOME FUCKING EVIDENCE) to get him punished.

seriously use your head people.

yaeger
08-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Kill all mages. Let the devs sort em out.

Gotmeens
08-18-2010, 09:45 PM
and this dude dosen't know shit about smoking trees either. fuckin carl sagan smoked pot come on man, just cause u smoke dosen't make u stupid, or an idiot or whatever. how about u get the didlo outta ur ass and open ur mind. fucks like you is why america is going to hell. kill urself

Straif
08-18-2010, 10:59 PM
and this dude dosen't know shit about smoking trees either. fuckin carl sagan smoked pot come on man, just cause u smoke dosen't make u stupid, or an idiot or whatever. how about u get the didlo outta ur ass and open ur mind. fucks like you is why america is going to hell. kill urself

http://elfwax.com/wp-content/uploads/carl-sagan-smoke-weed-everyday.jpg

Not gunna lie... Sagan was the man.

Overcast
08-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Not gunna lie... Sagan was the man.

He did look a bit baked in that photo... :D

Bubbles
08-19-2010, 12:15 AM
Considering its blatantly obvious that you cant even handle PvE competition, this is a highly suspect claim.

lol this post needs more love.

Atern
08-19-2010, 07:34 AM
http://www.pwned.nl/

Straif
08-19-2010, 12:12 PM
http://www.pwned.nl/

LMAO!!!

The little scream he does is hilarious!