PDA

View Full Version : Looking for honesty... neriak foreign quarters

Calabee
04-22-2014, 01:57 PM
Long story short, fucked up and lost a set of puppet strings... taking forever for gm's to answer (and knowing how they do stuff, getting help will be stretching it)

These strings were left on a merchant apparently, in neriak foreign quarters, less then a week ago. If you or someone you know acquired these through selling high end gems at the recharge merchant that was used... troll section, it would be nice if you could be honest about it and return something that isnt yours.

Long shot i know... but costs nothing asks, costs 200k to replace.

Lojik
Have there been any resets since then?

Sylexis
Ouch!

Calabee
04-22-2014, 02:01 PM
No reset, someone sold 3 gems to a merchant who was TOTALLY empty for over a month now and bought em back after i fucked up self recharging and leaving em there.

Totally my error, totally my fault... but would be nice if the person who bought em reads this could be honest about it, or if you knew someone who all of a sudden got strings just less then a week ago and didnt have enough plat to afford em could contact me.

Im trying to get quick answer from derubael / sirken about it before they get traded / sold / moved around too much and are unrecoverable... but im not holding up any hopes.

Supaskillz
04-22-2014, 02:02 PM
I know nothing of these strings, but I do wish merchants reset with the simulated patches to clear crap from them for recharging purposes.

You don't know the exact merchant? Are you sure you did not bury them on a full merchant?

Calabee
04-22-2014, 02:05 PM
positive, and i could get the exact name if needed.

merchant who i had been using to recharge was totally empty for over a month now, selling only ''cloth caps'' till just a few days ago... surprise, he has high end gems (ruby crown, sapphire neck, etc) and mule no more strings :/

quido
04-22-2014, 02:10 PM
Just pretend the merchant is a female you want to cyber. Or pretend the person who bought them off the merchant is a female who now will appreciate what you did for her. This should make it easier for you.

Nubben
04-22-2014, 02:12 PM
No offense, but this is a risk you take when you decide to exploit merchant recharges. In my opinion the GM's should absolutely not give you any information as to what happened to the Strings, whether it poofed, or got bought by another player. It would be different if you lost it to a scam or something, but this was your own doing.

That being said, it would be awesome if whoever found them does happen to see this post and returns them to you or offers to at least strike a deal. I wish you the best of luck in recovering your item.

August
04-22-2014, 02:14 PM
Anyone notice that the phrase 'no offense' is usually followed by that person saying something offensive to that person.

'no offense, but you're really fat'

'no offense, but you smell like cheese'

turn of phrase that does nothing except warn the recipient that you're about to get shit on.

Lojik
04-22-2014, 02:28 PM
No offense, but good defense

Jimjam
04-22-2014, 02:32 PM
They stop being yours when you sell them.

If you're lucky some sweet heart will have found them, realised someone made a mistake and are holding on to them for you.

Good luck on that one in a million shot.

Raavak
04-22-2014, 02:34 PM
Big DOH!
Sorry man.

daasgoot
04-22-2014, 02:36 PM
lol

GnashingOfTeeth
04-22-2014, 02:50 PM
Gm's will not refund this.
You can offer a bounty, and hope for an honest person to return.
What do they cost on the recharge buy from the merchant?

Rais
04-22-2014, 02:55 PM
Cashed in. Sorry I won't be selling them back.

Lyrith
04-22-2014, 02:58 PM
This sucks, hate to read stuff like this on the forums... =(

Rkelly
04-22-2014, 03:00 PM
I don't get why a GM would replace this, the item was sold to a merchant, right?

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-22-2014, 03:55 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/48866652.jpg

Re-charging is pretty lame anyway. An obvious oversight in the game's initial design. So you fucked up yer legal exploit. Here, let me cry a single tear for you.

No more ez plats for you. But because you messed up a stone-simple legal exploit, someone else, now they get the ez plats. O, the humanity!

Sirken
04-22-2014, 03:59 PM
taking forever for gm's to answer

its been 32hrs since you petitioned. relax

Lyrith
04-22-2014, 04:03 PM

He lost puppet strings... It's been like 32 years to him. :D

daasgoot
04-22-2014, 04:04 PM

Don't give him back the strings.. that would be dumb as hell.

OP sorry man that sucks.. but this is how i feel.

Trelaboon
04-22-2014, 04:15 PM
"It would be nice if you returned something that isn't yours"

It sounds to me like it *is* theirs. You goofed, they got lucky and found the item on a merchant and BAM, it officially became theirs.

Hate to be the dick who says it, but I think you should receive zero assistance on this one.

Lyrith
04-22-2014, 04:17 PM
Trelaboon fix you sig... No idea why that bothers me. And I think everyone has learned their lesson here. You need to be checking every vendor for 200k items!

tristantio
04-22-2014, 05:18 PM
Looks like we better not buy any limited quantity items (vendor diving) for fear of taking someone else's item that they just happened to leave with the vendor temporarily (hah).

Lictor
04-22-2014, 05:19 PM
This seems like a classic eq problem to me.

BigHurb
04-22-2014, 05:54 PM
and with a classic solution: bend over, no lube

Yonkec
04-22-2014, 06:48 PM

And it still doesn't make it ok for a GM to force their return. User error is not something you petition a GM to make right. You suck it up, learn from the mistake, and make a post such as this asking if someone is feeling generous and wants to help a brother out. Didn't work? Exhale and starting saving for a new one. You don't run crying to mommy/daddy and beg them to make it all better.

kank
04-22-2014, 07:00 PM
those puppet strings

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/thumb/847400923.gif?1396837041

baalzy
04-22-2014, 07:02 PM
I'd start my search here:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147510&highlight=puppet

Swish
04-22-2014, 07:52 PM
Small change for you to replace them Calabee with those rogue epic MQs etc :p

Tasslehofp99
04-22-2014, 07:54 PM

yeah if I lost 200k I might delete my character and never play again, lol

BigHurb
04-22-2014, 07:57 PM
now thats immersion.. i never really cared about gear that much since im not a fgt except in the traditional sense

Skillslam
04-22-2014, 10:36 PM
It was me. buffed orc pawns are felling many a noob as we speak

SamwiseRed
04-22-2014, 10:52 PM
recharging needs to go away. how can i tell if im buying legit puppet string charges or exploited ones?

4WOFURY
04-22-2014, 11:42 PM
Recharging is classic.

Kekephee
04-23-2014, 12:14 AM
How long were the puppet strings on the vendor? Not asking because I'm gonna blame you, just curious because I'm getting the impression they were on there for a really long time and I'd just like some clarity.

Also, regardless of fault/error/whatever that still sucks. Them's a valuable shits to lose.

patrick210
04-23-2014, 12:32 AM
I almost bought strings off a vendor once when someone was recharging and no one was in zone. It's a loss you have to be ready to take when you are doing recharges. It sucks but that's how it goes.

JPMorgan
04-23-2014, 02:07 AM
Thread is weak. OP's plea makes it sound like whoever found the strings is a crook for finding them, and a bad person if they don't give them back.

I honestly hope they were bought before any server reset and that the guy who got them enjoys them.

Calabee
04-23-2014, 08:40 AM
you guys saying how it's legal exploiting and they werent mine anymore.... yea dude buys sumtin for 400ish pp that's worth 200k that he happened to find luckily

If you'd find a wallet on the ground, with id adress and etc, but it had a lot of money... you'd all keep the money and return the rest or toss it away eh?

just like how casuals sucked up to get mobs, u all want handouts

Circa.
04-23-2014, 08:43 AM
you guys saying how it's legal exploiting and they werent mine anymore.... yea dude buys sumtin for 400ish pp that's worth 200k that he happened to find luckily

If you'd find a wallet on the ground, with id adress and etc, but it had a lot of money... you'd all keep the money and return the rest or toss it away eh?

SamwiseRed
04-23-2014, 09:10 AM
casuals would also want to be reimbursed (hand outs) so i dont think thats a good argument.

Joyelle
04-23-2014, 09:14 AM

The 200k price tag that you've attached is only relevant to the player market. As far as the game itself is concerned, they are only worth 400pp. I fail to see where the new owner has committed any type of exploit.

Unlike that wallet in your analogy, those puppet strings had no identification to lead the purchaser back to the original owner. I would liken this more to finding a $20 bill laying on the ground and there's nobody around.

I kinda felt bad for ya till I read this line. You're the one asking someone to give you a highly valuable item that they rightfully acquired off a vendor because some schmuck was careless while recharging. I hope you never get your shit back.

Yonkec
04-23-2014, 09:29 AM

Yeah wow. Stop being a whiny bitch. Or have you already forgotten the part about this being your fault?

Last time I checked puppet strings left on a vendor do not come with a photo ID and home address.

oldschooltrader
04-23-2014, 09:30 AM
whoever snatched these if ur reading, sell them for plat asap then there's nothing that can be done.

So take your hand out of your pants and start manning the phone lines, get'r done.

rollin5k
04-23-2014, 09:32 AM
looking for honesty lol, sounds like a craigslist add

Liia
04-23-2014, 09:41 AM
Pauvre petit garcon! Achete la mienne!

Daldaen
04-23-2014, 09:54 AM
Calabee I suggest you enlist Jeremy's help. He has packets that make those who interrupt your recharging efforts, pay. Or so I've read.

Argh
04-23-2014, 10:17 AM
There was a reset sometime very recently

Tecmos Deception
04-23-2014, 10:21 AM
Glad I checked the forums today.

Calabee, 200k isn't shit to you anyways :p

Lisset
04-23-2014, 10:24 AM
If I buy a Rolex from a pawn shop that the owner sold to the store himself, buying them doesn't make me even a little dishonest, even if the pawn shop sells it to me for $30.

Quit trying to make it seem like the purchaser did anything wrong. They didn't. You were a complete moron. Did the purchaser show up when you and a buddy were charging and take from a vendor? Only then might you have a moral case. But no, like a dumbass, you left them there.

If I happen to find puppet strings on a vendor, you're damn right I'm buying them and no you wouldn't get them back.

You're like the guy who realizes that his Superman #1 was in the box of old comics he sold for $2 at his yard sale and then starts calling the buyer a crook.

Circa.
04-23-2014, 10:29 AM
Good luck with that Cala, someone stole my wizard and I've petitioned it and never gotten her back

Circa Survive (I find it funny because the GM's removed the surname while the hacker had it in his/her possesion)... =/

Rkelly
04-23-2014, 10:29 AM
I'm a casual that wants handouts

Circa.
04-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Refer to heebo's sig, thats classic.

Daldaen
04-23-2014, 10:51 AM
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I definitely have the money to replace it after selling many Ragebringer and OT hammers. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me come to the forums to whine about my own mistake. If you let my Puppet Strings go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will petition for you, I will whine at the GMs to find you, and I will probably RNF when they fail to help me.

Sylexis
04-23-2014, 10:56 AM
Arguments on this topic aside, recharging is classic. Not a single person has started a thread recently about what dirty stinking jeaters all melee and clerics are for recharging their rings of shadows. If it's okay for a 19pp item who gives a damn if the item happens to be 200k instead.

Fame
04-23-2014, 10:56 AM
Would not restore, pras classic, pras staff

SamwiseRed
04-23-2014, 10:57 AM
classic exploits need to be fixed. if they didnt everyone would be leveling in akanon and other places where mobs would just stand in doorways and not attack back. oh wait some of you would probably want that. scrubs.

Kristian
04-23-2014, 11:03 AM
Items shouldn't be rechargeable anyways, it's exploiting a bug. The game would be so much better without recharges and epic MQ

Daldaen
04-23-2014, 11:03 AM
SamWise, lay it out. What is your classic vision.

Does it include:

Classic UI forced
No ducking casts
No MQs
No Recharging
No Scroll Wheel to 3rd person
No DoT damage listed
No Buff duration shown
No mana total shown in inventory window
255 Resist Cap

Get all that done for a true classic experience sir. You will be The Lord of Classic EQ.

Nikon
04-23-2014, 11:15 AM
The reality of this sucks for Calabee for sure, but if the GM's give information regarding who purchased them or makes someone give them back, that would set a really bad precedent. They really shouldn't do anything about this at all since it was not a game mechanic error. Hate to say it because it's unfortunate, but Calabee fucked up and as a result someone else may have had a really good day. Such is life. If they disappeared due to a game issue, that's a different story.

SamwiseRed
04-23-2014, 11:16 AM

Does it include:

Classic UI forced
No ducking casts
No MQs
No Recharging
No DoT damage listed
No Buff duration shown
255 Resist Cap

Get all that done for a true classic experience sir. You will be The Lord of Classic EQ.

ya pretty much

thankfully red doesnt have duck casting or item recharging

Ghordo
04-23-2014, 11:20 AM
Good luck with that Cala, someone stole my wizard and I've petitioned it and never gotten her back

Circa Survive (I find it funny because the GM's removed the surname while the hacker had it in his/her possesion)... =/

Sorry to hear that, maybe something will turn up soon! Did you share your account info with anyone ?

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
04-23-2014, 11:24 AM
Would not restore, pras classic, pras staff

Scikala
04-23-2014, 11:32 AM

What kind of POS hacker would remove that name, it's like they have no taste in music.

I want to feel bad for ya bro, but you come off kind of douchey in your replies. Of course people are going to bitch at ya, no need to attack back =P

tristantio
04-23-2014, 11:33 AM

Does it include:

Classic UI forced
No ducking casts
No MQs
No Recharging
No DoT damage listed
No Buff duration shown
255 Resist Cap

Don't forget a proper spellbook covering up the screen of the sub-35 medders.

Daldaen
04-23-2014, 11:37 AM
Don't forget a proper spellbook covering up the screen of the sub-35 medders.

Truth but that's sort of encompassed with legit classic UI.

If they could recreate that UI it would be glorious.

Sylexis
04-23-2014, 11:42 AM
Truth but that's sort of encompassed with legit classic UI.

If they could recreate that UI it would be glorious.

I would melee PL any future caster to 35 just to avoid that stupid crap.

Jimjam
04-23-2014, 11:50 AM

I've returned lost wallets/phones before. Never returned something I've bought from a second hand shop to the original owner after they called me a thief though. If this hypothetical sweetheart did buy those strings I'm sure after seeing you raging here they are not going to return them. You were so polite in OP :(.

August
04-23-2014, 11:57 AM
I was for Calabee getting the strings back, shit happens and I know I'd be pretty upset if it happened to me and ecstatic if I got them back.

Then he had to go and make a stab at casuals and just in general be a whiny jerk. I don't even raid, or even want to, but I tell ya if I had taken your strings and saw that there's no way I'd give 'em back.

When you don't have anything to stand on, it's best to not start throwing shit.

4WOFURY
04-23-2014, 01:19 PM
Aye, OP sounds like a self entitled whiner.

Grats to whomever got the strings! Wish I'd have been around.

4WOFURY
04-23-2014, 01:21 PM
Just makes me think I need to go vendor diving more.

Though I have seen people standing around whenever a large group of people are standing near a merchant, repeatedly clicking the merchant everytime one of the group does, waiting to snag an item.

tekniq
04-23-2014, 01:30 PM
has OP clarified that he left them there while he was logging back on his mule to get them back or he just left them there indefinitely hoping that no one would ever use his said vendor?

Lyrith
04-23-2014, 01:34 PM
You REALLY think he left that item on there indefinitely? I don't think it takes an Knights HR Team to figure out he made a mistake that costed him.

tekniq
04-23-2014, 01:37 PM
Ya I really do.

Morlaeth
04-23-2014, 01:40 PM

I'm sure by him putting the GMs on blast will help his case...

jaybone
04-23-2014, 01:41 PM

why does this person deserve the puppet strings back? Shits classic. OP fucked up and has been overcharging on hammers for fucking ever.

Trosh
04-23-2014, 01:44 PM
Officer, I left my bike at the dump in the "old-ass bike recycle" area, and someone came and took it. I would like you to find that person and retrieve my bike for me NOW.

Also if you took the bike that I threw away, be a pal and give it to me - thx

Supaskillz
04-23-2014, 01:52 PM
Why would you just leave it on a merchant on purpose? Obviously an accident. If it was while swapping toons he would know who it was.

I would guess gms will restore with a bit of patience. Although I sort of agree with, you sold it to a merchant and left, fair game. I know I'm paranoid with my red wood wands and they are just red wood wands. I wouldn't expect gms to return them if accidentally left them on a merchant.

Lyrith
04-23-2014, 02:07 PM
Ya I really do.

Give them a couple hours and they will provide all the information in screenshots fully documented. :D

oldschooltrader
04-23-2014, 02:11 PM
can we get a community groundswell formed to:

"Oppose Calabee Having his Strings Restored Because Classic"

with around 200 signatures how can the GMs go against the communities wishes ?

- signed OST

Fael
04-23-2014, 02:31 PM

Does it include:

Classic UI forced
No ducking casts
No MQs
No Recharging
No DoT damage listed
No Buff duration shown
255 Resist Cap

1. Curious as to what evidence there is that recharging was considered an exploit by SOE in the year 2,000. I honestly don't remember.

2. Suggestion that epic MQ is not classic is pretty stupid. MQ's were classic; what makes an epic MQ any different. The argument that it didn't happen that much is dumb. MQ of quests was widely used before Kunark and velious. If SOE wanted to make epics special and set apart, then they would have made the quests so as to preclude MQ's. They didn't.

Rist
04-23-2014, 02:32 PM
I once found a Commons hat on a vendor in Erudin. Promptly ran to the bank and bought it with all I had and sold it for a profit. Don't remember how much the difference was, but free plat to a 20 Mage was glorious.

Don't leave stuff on merchants expecting them to be there the next time you want to recharge.

Daldaen
04-23-2014, 02:36 PM
1. Curious as to what evidence there is that recharging was considered an exploit by SOE in the year 2,000. I honestly don't remember.

2. Suggestion that epic MQ is not classic is pretty stupid. MQ's were classic; what makes an epic MQ any different. The argument that it didn't happen that much is dumb. MQ of quests was widely used before Kunark and velious. If SOE wanted to make epics special and set apart, then they would have made the quests so as to preclude MQ's. They didn't.

1+2

They are indeed classic bugs.

I use the term bug because bother were fixed in one way or another.

1. They made all vendors filter items by charge, preventing the recharge exploit.
2. Around LDoN/LoY/GoD era all quests moved to be un-MQable. Requiring all turnins be provided from a single source or having some hidden character flags tied to quest steps.*

*though MQing most quests was not retroactively fixed.

Jygia
04-23-2014, 03:02 PM
They knew about recharging, during Velious the prices for some rechargeable items were raised (egg shaped pumice and golem wand went from 15pp to 100pp and some others too, like rez stick, etc...)

sulpher01
04-23-2014, 03:26 PM
Couldn't have happened to a nicer person... :rolleyes:

Hastley
04-23-2014, 03:54 PM
WTS recently acquired puppet strings 199,000 Plat. Please send private message

Fael
04-23-2014, 03:58 PM
2. Around LDoN/LoY/GoD era all quests moved to be un-MQable. Requiring all turnins be provided from a single source or having some hidden character flags tied to quest steps, though MQing most quests was not retroactively fixed.

If this is the only evidence, then calling MQing a "Classic Bug" is disingenuous, particularly when MQ wasn't changed until much later in time, and even then you could still MQ Classic World content. Thus the specific problem was identified, and deliberately left unchanged.

In this regard, MQing is no different than kiting or FD pulling. Sure, perhaps it wasn't originally contemplated and intended; but it became accepted and even endorsed by SOE.

Dolic

Daldaen
04-23-2014, 04:21 PM
No. It was never endorsed. That's why it was phased out. It was a bug and they rectified it by making all their future content not be MQable. They just didn't care enough to go back and rewrite 1000+ quests from Classic to PoP.

They, like GMs here, did and do not refund for failed MQs.

Kiting and FD pulling on the other hand; many things were added such as new AAs, raids, and group events to cater to these mechanics. Endorsing them as you would say.

fastboy21
04-23-2014, 05:45 PM
No. It was never endorsed. That's why it was phased out. It was a bug and they rectified it by making all their future content not be MQable. They just didn't care enough to go back and rewrite 1000+ quests from Classic to PoP.

They, like GMs here, did and do not refund for failed MQs.

Kiting and FD pulling on the other hand; many things were added such as new AAs, raids, and group events to cater to these mechanics. Endorsing them as you would say.

Not entirely true. You are right that that's the policy from live, even still today...but that doesn't mean that GMs never helped players out.

tizznyres
04-23-2014, 06:14 PM
I left my Leatherfoot raider cap on a neriak foreign merchant once. That was scary.

Champion_Standing
04-24-2014, 07:31 AM
item recharging is worse than RMT

Jarnauga
04-24-2014, 09:14 AM
Lal

Forwarding this to Jizzebel

Trosh
04-24-2014, 10:16 AM
1+2

They are indeed classic bugs.

I use the term bug because bother were fixed in one way or another.

1. They made all vendors filter items by charge, preventing the recharge exploit.
2. Around LDoN/LoY/GoD era all quests moved to be un-MQable. Requiring all turnins be provided from a single source or having some hidden character flags tied to quest steps.*

*though MQing most quests was not retroactively fixed.

This still doesn't answer the original question. The team in control of the game changed from Verant's team to Sony's team in 2002 or w/e therefore you can say anything produced post-velious or possibly luclin was NOT something considered a bug from the original game devs, or if it was, not one important enough to fix.

SamwiseRed
04-24-2014, 11:08 AM
its obvious to anyone with a brain that they are bugs.

Trosh
04-24-2014, 11:19 AM
who knows!? Perhaps all norrathian merchants are part of a guild, and they can accept items without charges, but must re-charge them in order to sell, as part of the guild requirements!

Zoesha
04-24-2014, 11:19 AM
Glad I checked the forums today.

Calabee, 200k isn't shit to you anyways :p

It is when its not his strings in the first place... they were Retus's puppet strings and if the GM's don't reimburse them then Culprit will be expected to give Retus his strings in return for the fuck up.

SamwiseRed
04-24-2014, 11:24 AM
im glad red doesnt have these recharging exploits. blues seem to love trivializing content.

Kristian
04-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Does anyone know if OP was given his strings back by GMs? That would set a bad precedent. Screw ups while exploiting the recharge bug should not be reimburseable whatsoever

Arclyte
04-24-2014, 11:38 AM
If OP gets his strings back, I feel like I should get the Peacebringer back I tried to drop transfer that was stolen by a little halfling thief >=(

Nuggie
04-24-2014, 11:44 AM
can we get a community groundswell formed to:

"Oppose Calabee Having his Strings Restored Because Classic"

with around 200 signatures how can the GMs go against the communities wishes ?

- signed OST

You've been around far to long to believe that will make a difference.

This is a utilitarian place, and we like it that way.

Daldaen
04-24-2014, 11:50 AM
Does anyone know if OP was given his strings back by GMs? That would set a bad precedent. Screw ups while exploiting the recharge bug should not be reimburseable whatsoever

I tried invis turning something in yesterday assuming there wasn't any real faction required, and it got eaten.

I'd understand if the GMs didn't see fit to reimburse it cause that was my mess up, though. If they do I'll be grateful and know in the future I can't try invis turning in that part of the quest.

Pro tip - Mobs that see invis don't like it when you try invis turnins. And KoS mobs will happily eat your turnin piece!

Brut
04-24-2014, 12:08 PM
I tried invis turning something in yesterday assuming there wasn't any real faction required, and it got eaten.
That's borderline bug though, or at least something you wouldn't necessarily know about. Doesn't really compare to selling your high value goods to a vendor and forgetting about them. Think asking for reimbursement here would be like asking for one if you turned your Ragebringer MQ to Anson. As in 100% your own fault for not paying attention.

Idunno, heard people petitioning dumbest screwups. Imo it's not really worth it to waste the staff's time if you gave your sky items to the wrong quest npc, but seen guys do that with the mindset that "it's worth a try".

Clark
04-24-2014, 12:14 PM

Lol

Clark
04-24-2014, 12:17 PM
That's borderline bug though, or at least something you wouldn't necessarily know about. Doesn't really compare to selling your high value goods to a vendor and forgetting about them. Think asking for reimbursement here would be like asking for one if you turned your Ragebringer MQ to Anson. As in 100% your own fault for not paying attention.

Idunno, heard people petitioning dumbest screwups. Imo it's not really worth it to waste the staff's time if you gave your sky items to the wrong quest npc, but seen guys do that with the mindset that "it's worth a try".

Staff helped me with a botched sky turn in once. I'd imagine they'd help with this if able, but hard to say.

jaybone
04-24-2014, 12:18 PM
Staff helped me with a botched sky turn in once. I'd imagine they'd help with this if able, but hard to say.

so using vendors as personal space is now acceptable. If someone buys your shit just report them.

Champion_Standing
04-24-2014, 12:30 PM
From what I understand they can give you back items accidentally sold to a vendor as long as it isn't bought by another player first. Clearly these strings still exist in the game, the person that has them has done nothing wrong to get them so they can't be taken back. Duplicates cannot be created, not classic, not legit.

Kekephee
04-24-2014, 12:30 PM
I don't get why people in this thread are talking about screwed-up turnins as somehow being "less" than intentionally selling your super expensive shit to a merchant and then FORGETTING about it. Like "well jeeze, if the GMs will help reimburse quest items that you turned in wrong by accident, surely they will aid with this extremely unfair situation!" Do you guys really think screwing up a turnin for quest items that you had to collect over months is less-deserving of the GMs' time than this?

I'm not saying I don't think the puppet strings should be reimbursed. I mean, I don't, honestly, because if they get reimbursed then the server has one more set of puppet strings than it is supposed to and with that precedent set we've got a pretty sweet new method for totally legitimized duping on our hands- but that's beside the point. What I am saying is, what am I missing here that you people think a failed quest turnin is less assistance-worthy than this?

Like this:

so using vendors as personal space is now acceptable. If someone buys your shit just report them.

The person you're responding to made a mistake turning quest items in. Entirely different situation than this.

Ambrotos
04-24-2014, 04:27 PM
if the GMs will help reimburse quest items that you turned in wrong by accident, surely they will aid with this extremely unfair situation!" Do you guys really think screwing up a turnin for quest items that you had to collect over months is less-deserving of the GMs' time than this?

Shouldn't do both. It's classic.
As for the issue at hand:
Highly doubtful that Sirken would make anyone give anything back from a vendor. Hasn't happened in the past at least. I don't see a huge issue with dropping a name of who bought it. I did that before, but only after I asked the person who bought it, if the person who sold it to the vendor could contact them.

Drop items,mess up quests,sold items off vendor (start buying everything back) is different here than on classic servers.

quido
04-24-2014, 04:35 PM
imo make Calabee pay for being the dumbass that he is

Kekephee
04-24-2014, 04:40 PM
I dunno, man. The whole Machiavellian "sorry you didn't unstack your bone chips/turn in the fire opal before the other three pieces of the epic" thing is cool to a point, but there are some things with some of these quest turnins that are just arbitrary and begging for people to fuck them up. Plus, mistakes get made. Mistakes of varying degrees of reason- there's a lot of grey area.

One time i was trying to do a Lambent quest and I turned a piece in to the wrong npc because two erudites were standing next to each other and one of them said "give the gem to my brother" and I just assumed it was the other erudite. Turns out it was a high elf across the zone. That one's on me- I didn't read the wiki closely enough and perhaps my understanding of what it means when an erudite refers to someone as his "brother" was a little misinformed. I had already petitioned because I thought it was a bug when I realized what I'd done, so I followed up the petition and said look, this one was my bad, don't reimburse the shit. And they didn't. But there have definitely been situations where I or someone I know has made some terrible mistake that really, really wasn't their fault, it was just human error or a bad series of events, and the GMs have helped them out, and I've said, "yes, that was a time where I believe it was good for the GMs to help."

The cool thing about being on an emulated server rather than a corporately owned official one is that the people who run this thing can bend the rules a little bit in the right situations to make the game more pleasant for people. Imo. It's a fucking game, we don't need to be twisting peoples' arms and putting them on the rack because they got two items with a similar name and the same graphic mixed up.

quido
04-24-2014, 04:52 PM
The 1812 Overture is pretty long - can you shriek the entire thing?

Kekephee
04-24-2014, 04:57 PM
Only 4 seconds of it, looping

It's the NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAHHHH NAHHHH NAAAHHHHHHHHHH part

Jarnauga
04-24-2014, 05:12 PM

Dont know man. Maybe he should threaten the guy who bought the strings with some packets of wrath, he might get them back !

quido
04-24-2014, 05:15 PM
Only 4 seconds of it, looping

It's the NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAHHHH NAHHHH NAAAHHHHHHHHHH part

you forgot a preceding "NAH" there

almost tho

webrunner5
04-24-2014, 09:14 PM
If I buy a Rolex from a pawn shop that the owner sold to the store himself, buying them doesn't make me even a little dishonest, even if the pawn shop sells it to me for $30.

Quit trying to make it seem like the purchaser did anything wrong. They didn't. You were a complete moron. Did the purchaser show up when you and a buddy were charging and take from a vendor? Only then might you have a moral case. But no, like a dumbass, you left them there.

If I happen to find puppet strings on a vendor, you're damn right I'm buying them and no you wouldn't get them back.

You're like the guy who realizes that his Superman #1 was in the box of old comics he sold for $2 at his yard sale and then starts calling the buyer a crook.

Pretty much what he said. I have been playing EQ since 2000. Never have quit. Live, EQMac, Sleeper, here, you name it. I would hate to add up all the crap I have lost in the 14 years I have been playing. Hell I lost 3 bags full of pretty damn good shit on here a year ago dropping them on the ground for a transfer and I didn't slit my wrists. Might have kicked my dog but what the hell. Life is a bitch and then you marry one. :eek: You screwed up, live with it.

jaybone
04-24-2014, 09:22 PM
you forgot a preceding "NAH" there

almost tho

Jeremy about to have a conniption.

Faggot

Zoesha
04-25-2014, 01:57 AM

Well since they were Retus's strings and he was nice enough to let culprit and I recharge off them I do agree that he should pay Retus back in full for the cost of them. Or give him his strings.

I checked my logs and found out that I never forgot to buy them back after recharging them so the only other person who could have done it was Culprit since we were the only other people with access...

I had someone talk with Sirken about it and he will not refund them so the only other thing that can be done is for Culprit to do the right thing and reimburse Retus for his mistake.

Kazi
04-25-2014, 02:27 AM
Cuz all Erudites look alike rite

Yonkec
04-25-2014, 03:35 AM
Well since they were Retus's strings and he was nice enough to let culprit and I recharge off them I do agree that he should pay Retus back in full for the cost of them. Or give him his strings.

I checked my logs and found out that I never forgot to buy them back after recharging them so the only other person who could have done it was Culprit since we were the only other people with access...

I had someone talk with Sirken about it and he will not refund them so the only other thing that can be done is for Culprit to do the right thing and reimburse Retus for his mistake.

Thats like asking to personally borrow+drive your friends car to go jump start your car that is sitting with a dead battery across town, wrapping their car around a telephone poll as you drive there drunk, and then returning to your friend, saying "my bad, here are they keys! I hope you had insurance".

The strings that were lost were most certainly not Retus's.

Calabee
04-25-2014, 07:02 AM
um ya they were actually, i self recharged and forgot to buy them back apparently, ya know.. if two boxing was allowed this would have never happened :P

and im waiting on the official answer from derubael, sirken told me gm's powers are split and divided since the fall of uthgaard and it's deru's domain... so who knows.

Im not gonna let my mistake / error affect others, i know how to repay it :P

Zoesha
04-25-2014, 11:43 AM
Thats like asking to personally borrow+drive your friends car to go jump start your car that is sitting with a dead battery across town, wrapping their car around a telephone poll as you drive there drunk, and then returning to your friend, saying "my bad, here are they keys! I hope you had insurance".

The strings that were lost were most certainly not Retus's.

I think it's pretty funny how people keep using these crazy examples of what happened.

fadetree
04-25-2014, 01:01 PM
It's like buying secondary derivatives from a debt-laden third world company and turning around and leveraging out to scale-invariant TERTIARY derivatives, then expecting the reverse quaternary mortgage reduction flow to capitalize on your balance sheet and then gnoll fangs.

Clearly not yours.

Susvain2
04-25-2014, 01:43 PM
Calabee how much money do you have in plat? And total assets? Jw

4WOFURY
04-25-2014, 02:11 PM
ya know.. if two boxing was allowed this would have never happened :P

LOL, now he's fighting for two-boxing

captnamazing
04-25-2014, 02:34 PM
The Leatherfoot Raiders strike again. Weep your tears of incompetent rage, dark elf scum!!!!

Yonkec
04-25-2014, 02:44 PM
I think its funny this thread even exists. But that's just me.

Trosh
04-25-2014, 03:27 PM
and that it's been going on so long.. I bet it'll hit 20 pages

BigHurb
04-25-2014, 03:32 PM
well if thats the goal lets do this

Leeyuuduu
04-25-2014, 03:38 PM
So how about them gnoll fangs

Cap3r3
04-25-2014, 03:59 PM
moving an alt to neriak foreign quarters for future Culprit retardedness

Xer0
04-26-2014, 07:16 PM
Recharging is classic.

This server is called Project1999. Not eqclassic.

Nuggie
04-26-2014, 07:20 PM

I haven't been following the flow in this thread very closely, but...

Something being classic or not is generally what Nilbog looks for in whether to change/implement things. There are exceptions of course, but not many.

BigHurb
04-26-2014, 07:26 PM
6 more pages to go cmon guys 20 or bust

fishingme
04-26-2014, 07:51 PM
6 more pages to go cmon guys 20 or bust

just bring tralina up in conversation. You'll hit 25

Swish
04-26-2014, 09:26 PM
LOL, this thread... Calabee you're stupid as hell.

4WOFURY
04-27-2014, 01:21 AM

http://www.lolwut.com/layout/lolwut.jpg

SCB
04-27-2014, 02:00 AM
LOL, this thread... Calabee you're stupid as hell.

Straight-up logged in just to re-quote this.

Also this was really funny:

Long story short, fucked up and lost a set of puppet strings... taking forever for gm's to answer (and knowing how they do stuff, getting help will be stretching it)

Lolz.

This thread delivers.

Tasslehofp99
04-27-2014, 03:31 AM
At the very least the person who bought those strings should be named/shamed

SCB
04-27-2014, 03:34 AM
At the very least the person who bought those strings should be named/shamed

If I buy patchwork armor off a vendor should I be named/shamed?

No?

Explain the difference.

BigHurb
04-27-2014, 04:07 AM
named and showered with praise at this point

Tasslehofp99
04-27-2014, 04:45 AM
If I buy patchwork armor off a vendor should I be named/shamed?

No?

Explain the difference.

You didn't pay 200k(or invest the time it takes to get that much plat) for that patchwork armor. I understand your stance but trust me you would be singing a very different tune if it was you or a friends 200k down the drain.

I would pay 20k just to know who it was so I know that person is a thieving cunt.

SCB
04-27-2014, 04:47 AM
You didn't pay 200k(or invest the time it takes to get that much plat) for that patchwork armor. I understand your stance but trust me you would be singing a very different tune if it was you or a friends 200k down the drain.

I would pay 20k just to know who it was so I know that person is a thieving cunt.

Buying something off a vendor =/= thieving.

Tasslehofp99
04-27-2014, 04:52 AM
I remember many times where an item was ninjalooted off a corpse, picked up off the ground, etc where either GMs intervened or players flamed the thief endlessly/whiteknighted for the victim.

Why is this situation any different? Same idea really.

Furthermore there was almost no GM intervention in situations like this on live. The precedent here on p99 though is a very different story.

Personally I am against GM intervention in cases like this. However if you're going to suspend scammers/ninjalooters/move raid items from one player to another after the wrong person looted it (not classic) I fail to see any difference in this situation.

SCB
04-27-2014, 05:02 AM
If I drop items on the ground, switch between characters, and transfer items, I run the risk of losing those items forever. Same deal with recharging.

OP lost his item through no one's fault but his own. OP needs to own his mistake. That he would fail to see how he is begging for a handout as he rags others about this is just the icing on the cake.

Tasslehofp99
04-27-2014, 05:54 AM
If I drop items on the ground, switch between characters, and transfer items, I run the risk of losing those items forever. Same deal with recharging.

OP lost his item through no one's fault but his own. OP needs to own his mistake. That he would fail to see how he is begging for a handout as he rags others about this is just the icing on the cake.

Aye, but then GM's reimbursed players (or atleast they have in the past) who've had their characters stripped/scammed, items ninjalooted, item's that have been dropped on the ground/picked up by the wrong person?

I mean I've seen friends have item's stolen off of their account numerous times in the past (recently as wel) because they shared their info. Sometimes the GM's would move the items back to the rightful owner, other times they would just tell the person who took their things and leave them to their own methods of retrieving their items.

I mean I'm all or being responsible for your own items/actions, but if the precedent in these situations was to reimburse/assist it seems logical to assume the course of action would be the same in this case.

That's all.

Brut
04-27-2014, 06:02 AM
Wut. How is sharing your account info and someone stripping your toon even remotely close to vendoring your crap, forgetting about it, and someone else buying it?

It's already getting way too into hand-holding when we're talking about reimburing items if someone drops them and someone else picks them up. There's a setting in Options to never drop items if people really can't figure out what they're doing with their inventories.

Humans are supposed to be learning from their mistakes. Not having both their hands held so they can't make any.

Tasslehofp99
04-27-2014, 07:21 AM
My point was that really if its been done in the past for people in the same/similar situation, it wouldn't be fair to stop now. How many epics exist on p99 only because a GM was nice enough to reimburse an item that was eaten due to stupidity/mistake?

That's all.

I guess what I mean to say is that if you reimburse one idiot, how can you not reimburse the rest?

Sure you draw a line somewhere but I would prefer if (as im sure most would) the playing field was fair for everyone in all situations when it comes to reimbursement of items lost due to stupidity.

Granted this is rogean/nilbogs server and they can do whatever they please, I just think if there was going to be a classic stance on reimbursement here that it should've applied to everyone since the beginning of p99.

Man0warr
04-27-2014, 07:36 AM
There is no reimbursement that needs to happen, the item wasn't lost. It still exists on the server, and whoever bought it off the vendor is now the rightful owner.

Calabee
04-27-2014, 07:38 AM
hey glad it took losing ~200k value to get you all laughing and siding up agaisnt me.

Maybe i should have done the same when bitches used me for ~500k eh? bet we woulda had our 20 pages by then.

As a sidenote, enjoy your free plat lucky_dark_elf_001, too bad you dont have balls.

kaos057
04-27-2014, 08:14 AM
You lost your shit out of your own doing. People are siding against you because you come here accusing someone of pretty much stealing it from you when it's nobody's fault but yours. You are a dumbass. You fucked up. Get over it.

Calabee
04-27-2014, 08:16 AM
mistakes and errors can be repaired, takes p99 population to point 'n laugh and blame instead.

Retards

Sarajo
04-27-2014, 08:25 AM
mistakes and errors can be repaired, takes p99 population to point 'n laugh and blame instead.

Retards

The only thing that can't be repaired is your sense of privilege and entitlement.

Goofier
04-27-2014, 08:36 AM
I've accidentally sold things to merchants many, many times.
Bought them back if/when I realized.
Never once petitioned to get my stuff back under any circumstances, it was my own fault.

Urbie
04-27-2014, 08:39 AM
hey glad it took losing ~200k value to get you all laughing and siding up agaisnt me.

Maybe i should have done the same when bitches used me for ~500k eh? bet we woulda had our 20 pages by then.

As a sidenote, enjoy your free plat lucky_dark_elf_001, too bad you dont have balls.

You've got to be kidding me, you are trying to shame the person into revealing themselves so you can what, publicly shame them even more and have a name for your failed petitions? If I had done it, after this thread, there would be no way I'd ever tell you.

Winner of the vendor lotto, congrats, enjoy, sell it and never think twice about whiny rich toons that have no problem creating 16 page threads crying about giving an item to you for 400p. You know that's what you did don't you? By putting it on vendor you basically auctioned a 200k item for 400p..... and someone took you up on it.

Brut
04-27-2014, 11:16 AM
My point was that really if its been done in the past for people in the same/similar situation, it wouldn't be fair to stop now. How many epics exist on p99 only because a GM was nice enough to reimburse an item that was eaten due to stupidity/mistake?
Every time I hear of them reimbursing any epic pieces, it's some part of the quest that's convoluted and confusing, ie. the wiz note was handed back to BDA, prty sure monks have received their final turnin piece back many times since 60% of them forget about the OT turnin, would assume some sky pieces since Verant was bananas with the system of spawning different quest NPCs for them. I don't see anything game-related being a part of this, the merchant system didn't make this confusing.

There's a pretty vast difference between trying to MQ an epic and fecking up the order therefore losing all the stuff - and turning in half the pieces then forgetting about it and logging off while the quest npc despawns.

TWDL_Prexus
04-27-2014, 11:37 AM

Retards

Does one of the most "retarded" things I've seen on p1999. Makes a "retarded" thread about it because he didn't get a GM response quick enough. Then calls other retards.

Can't make this up folks!

Every post you make on this thread makes you look worse. You are a fool, plain and simple.

BigHurb
04-27-2014, 01:30 PM
4 more pages to go

HeallunRumblebelly
04-27-2014, 01:53 PM
4 more pages to go

20 pages and a movie!

jaybone
04-27-2014, 02:10 PM
so i take fgt op didnt get items back?

Daldolma
04-27-2014, 02:14 PM

actually bought with my rogue, he is a halfling with DE illusion mask. that's my lucky merchant, he always offers me the finest bargains

ty for strings

quido
04-27-2014, 02:15 PM
I honestly bought your puppet strings.

jaybone
04-27-2014, 02:17 PM
Hey i just bought some iron rations of the vendor and wanted to check to make sure they weren't anybodys and i was safe to start eating them? Anyone??

jaybone
04-27-2014, 02:30 PM

These strings were left on a merchant apparently, in neriak foreign quarters, less then a week ago. If you or someone you know acquired these through selling high end gems at the recharge merchant that was used... troll section, it would be nice if you could be honest about it and return something that isnt yours.

Long shot i know... but costs nothing asks, costs 200k to replace.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/tiniest_violin.gif
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/tiniest_violin.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/tiniest_violin.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/tiniest_violin.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/tiniest_violin.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/tiniest_violin.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/tiniest_violin.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/tiniest_violin.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/tiniest_violin.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/tiniest_violin.gif

Frug
04-27-2014, 02:47 PM
*I* am Spartacus!

coki
04-28-2014, 12:48 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148829 giggity

Kender
04-28-2014, 09:20 PM
so the price of puppet strings just went up to 400k until culprit can replace the ones he totally and stupidly forgot to repurchase of a vendor?

Ambrotos
04-29-2014, 02:18 AM
Can we get this moved to RnF so we can really let loose?

Waedawen
04-29-2014, 02:23 AM
This is some A+ shit

"B-but my strings are m-more important t-than your item! G-give them back!!"

Hahaha you clown. Maybe if you had some friends you wouldn't have to do some stupid ass "self-recharge"

And let's not even touch the fact that you only lost one of 2 sets of strings. Because clearly, money isn't the issue here.

fishingme
04-29-2014, 09:30 AM

It was me, I'll take my 20k now.

fishingme
04-29-2014, 09:34 AM
Aye, but then GM's reimbursed players (or atleast they have in the past) who've had their characters stripped/scammed, items ninjalooted, item's that have been dropped on the ground/picked up by the wrong person?

I mean I've seen friends have item's stolen off of their account numerous times in the past (recently as wel) because they shared their info. Sometimes the GM's would move the items back to the rightful owner, other times they would just tell the person who took their things and leave them to their own methods of retrieving their items.

I mean I'm all or being responsible for your own items/actions, but if the precedent in these situations was to reimburse/assist it seems logical to assume the course of action would be the same in this case.

That's all.

as far as i know gms no longer reimburse for what you've said. Account sales/sharing account info is no longer backed up by gms. You gotta realize that the OP sold an item to a merchant in order to use an exploit to recharge said item. At that point while it's on the merchant that everyone has access to buying items from, it ceases to be anyones item but the merchant's until it is bought again. This isn't stealing.

no chewie dont
04-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Can we get this moved to RnF so we can really let loose?

Masq
04-29-2014, 10:56 AM
If OP gets his strings back, I feel like I should get the Peacebringer back I tried to drop transfer that was stolen by a little halfling thief >=(

AND MY AXE!

jaybone
04-29-2014, 11:19 AM
Tasslehof is probably the biggest joke on this entire fucking server. Hands down.

feanan
04-29-2014, 02:04 PM
So apparently this guy has a ton of pp, yet came here to post this?

Frankly, I'd have been too embarrassed if it was me, I'd have just cried and moved on.

Like bill gates walking around looking for $100 bill he dropped.

Wrench
04-29-2014, 02:22 PM
Post wasn't politically correct but in the heat of the moment who is?

this aint a heat of the moment thing

almost all of his posts here (and in many other threads) are absolutely seething with entitlement, its just who/what the guy is

NegaStoat
04-29-2014, 02:30 PM
Tasslehof is probably the biggest joke on this entire fucking server. Hands down.

Something he said did make me curious though.
Is there a single posted instance of a P1999 server GM becoming involved with a situation of one player dropping an item of any sort, and a different character picking it up?

I'd like to see the post if it really happened. Because that's a step that a Live server GM would NEVER, EVER become involved with... Ever.

Daldaen
04-29-2014, 02:39 PM
Most I've seen is them reply "Yep someone grabbed it at time X. They are welcome to tell you who they are but I won't". In the thread about the dude who bakes a lot drop transferring stuff.

Wrench
04-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Something he said did make me curious though.
Is there a single posted instance of a P1999 server GM becoming involved with a situation of one player dropping an item of any sort, and a different character picking it up?

I'd like to see the post if it really happened. Because that's a step that a Live server GM would NEVER, EVER become involved with... Ever.

heres a similar thread where tassle was arguing the opposite of here (cause it wasnt his friend then?)

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1077131&postcount=23

i dont remember how much gm involvement there was in this one tho, there may have been

Calabee
04-29-2014, 08:45 PM
sooo close to page 20, cmon guys keep telling me how im an exploiter, how i deserve this, how im a rich fuckr who's this is pennies to

funny if this would happen to any of you, situation reversed... you wouldnt call it ''legal exploiting'' im sure as fuck.

90 % the players who posted in this thread prolly never even seen 6 digits plat, let alone 7 or 8 like i've busted my ass for the last year and a half earning

Frug
04-29-2014, 08:48 PM
sooo close to page 20, cmon guys keep telling me how im an exploiter, how i deserve this, how im a rich fuckr who's this is pennies to

How can you possibly think you don't deserve this?

Dunno if you're rich or not, but based on your posts, you're a bit of a douche.

Calabee
04-29-2014, 08:53 PM
bit of a douche lol, yea.. i might have an attitude and come out as an ass.

But srsly? i've given out over 1-2m worth of plat gear to friends 'n guildies by the time i started.

i've handed out free epics, free items, free plat giveaway... yet i deserve this, check.

Malphite
04-29-2014, 09:04 PM
You do not do good things for being perceived as a good person, you do them because it is right.

Frug
04-29-2014, 09:08 PM

But srsly? i've given out over 1-2m worth of plat gear to friends 'n guildies by the time i started.

i've handed out free epics, free items, free plat giveaway... yet i deserve this, check.

http://www.humorbin.com/showitem.asp?item=20

You deserve it because, well, it's your fault. You took a risk using an untintended, legal, totally within the rules but risky, game mechanic. Your risk didn't pay off. And yeah, that's your fault.

Checkmate, sporto.

jaybone
04-29-2014, 09:16 PM

funny if this would happen to any of you, situation reversed... you wouldnt call it ''legal exploiting'' im sure as fuck.

90 % the players who posted in this thread prolly never even seen 6 digits plat, let alone 7 or 8 like i've busted my ass for the last year and a half earning

Busted your ass for pixels....lolz

fishingme
04-29-2014, 10:19 PM

why don't you ask your guild to reimburse you then?

Scikala
04-29-2014, 10:23 PM

I think a majority of people were ripping into you for you comments about "Casual Scum" - sucking up to get handouts. Made you out to be a douche.

I like you, have for fifteen years....still a dick thing to say when you errored and want people to come forward. Mixed message.

Jenithia
04-29-2014, 10:35 PM
20 yet?

Joyelle
04-29-2014, 10:46 PM
maybe?

Ambrotos
04-29-2014, 10:48 PM
Ok for real...If this happened on live, GM's would laugh at you and tell you you're shit out of luck. Once a corpse opened up/Item dropped on the floor, it was free game. I find it HILARIOUS that you TMO members all support training/griefing in VP but cry like little bitches when you drop an item like a newb and it gets picked up.

This Tasslehof guy sure goes hardcore.

Barkingturtle
04-29-2014, 10:56 PM
Awkward.

Kaedain
04-30-2014, 09:42 AM
20 pages... amazing

Daldaen
04-30-2014, 09:46 AM
maybe?

20... Inches on your E-Peen?

Koota
04-30-2014, 10:44 AM
The 200k price tag that you've attached is only relevant to the player market. As far as the game itself is concerned, they are only worth 400pp. I fail to see where the new owner has committed any type of exploit.

Unlike that wallet in your analogy, those puppet strings had no identification to lead the purchaser back to the original owner. I would liken this more to finding a $20 bill laying on the ground and there's nobody around.

I kinda felt bad for ya till I read this line. You're the one asking someone to give you a highly valuable item that they rightfully acquired off a vendor because some schmuck was careless while recharging. I hope you never get your shit back.

Trosh
04-30-2014, 11:50 AM
I think its funny this thread even exists. But that's just me.

and that it's been going on so long.. I bet it'll hit 20 pages

Shazam!

Joyelle
04-30-2014, 10:47 PM
20... Inches on your E-Peen?

Don't be jealous babe

Kayso
04-30-2014, 11:39 PM

You call sitting in your chair "busting your ass"? Sacrebleu! Ah lawst miz poopeht' straings!

quido
04-30-2014, 11:40 PM
Calabee 8 digits? lol ***** please

Yonkec
05-01-2014, 03:09 AM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn8/KnockMeDownRHCP/gifs/pee-weeshock.gif

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-PxYKSq0Q-30/UDuQkDc9zpI/AAAAAAAAdc0/0VPhEtqtMbM/w900/photo.jpg

Cecily
05-01-2014, 03:17 AM
End page... 10.

It's understandable he's upset, even angry. 200k is a nasty blow. Sorry about your luck.

DatFurai
05-01-2014, 04:03 AM
YO CULPRIT, CAN I BUY AN OT HAMMER MQ PLS?

Khaleesi
05-02-2014, 02:06 PM
End page... 10.

It's understandable he's upset, even angry. 200k is a nasty blow. Sorry about your luck.

Hasn't anyone in TMO offered to pitch in for his 'loss?' Any collections going around the guild? Maybe time to put all that stored plat to good use?

Do we know if he bought for 200k?
Even if he did, how many charge sells did it take to recoup the cost, 40-50?

Calabee should have offered a reward for it, say 100k.

quido
05-02-2014, 07:53 PM
Maybe he should just stop being an idiot.

GnashingOfTeeth
05-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Maybe he should just stop being an idiot.

quido, pls show us pixels of rage on this.

quido
05-02-2014, 08:08 PM
http://tancidtherogue.com/ragebringer/closeup_rb.jpeg

Laugher
05-02-2014, 08:23 PM
http://tancidtherogue.com/ragebringer/closeup_rb.jpeg

non classic de boot there

Cecily
05-02-2014, 08:26 PM
That's where the rage comes from.

Calabee
05-02-2014, 10:06 PM
i sold like 200 of those bad boys rage fuellers... confirmed market long dead and saturated 2 years later

quido
05-02-2014, 10:15 PM
I sold like 200 of these badboys when they were 10-15k

Calabee
05-03-2014, 12:02 AM
didnt sell one below 40k outside friend / guildies, some up to 60k when it was only me nordenwatch and kingore farming em ;P

SCB
05-03-2014, 08:21 AM
didnt sell one below 40k outside friend / guildies, some up to 60k when it was only me nordenwatch and kingore farming em ;P

Did you ever vendor any of them?

Ambrotos
05-03-2014, 01:03 PM
nordenwatch you say?

So how close of friends were you of this RMTer? Sounds like the same way Nord made all his plats in game, and bragged the same way. Why did you just out yourself?
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144964&highlight=nordenwatch

Frug
05-03-2014, 01:27 PM
Boom, headshot!

jaybone
05-03-2014, 01:30 PM
nordenwatch you say?

So how close of friends were you of this RMTer? Sounds like the same way Nord made all his plats in game, and bragged the same way. Why did you just out yourself?
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144964&highlight=nordenwatch

Obviously this dude RMTs. I just like having millions of plat and useless pixels too.

quido
05-03-2014, 01:31 PM
ban ban ban!

Calabee
05-03-2014, 07:13 PM
how does another person, in another guild, that i wasnt associated with has to do anything with me?

i was saying we were the original epic sellers now every guild has at least 3-4 different people selling them

Ikonoclastia
05-05-2014, 09:45 PM
Really mean but I just imagined the OPs face after realising THEIR mistake and the frantic dash back to Neriak to find the vendor didn't have them. Made me lol.

I'm killing wisps to get greater light stones to buy leather for my main so had I found those strings there's no way in hell I'd return them. On a vendor they're free to be bought.