PDA

View Full Version : Felt like the olden times...

XDrake
08-18-2010, 07:51 PM
I am a level 24 Necromancer and am finally strong enough to get to the end of Befallen. Fighting my way through I got to the basement and killed the light blue PH for the Theumagist(sp?). Camping for the first time in years I sat waiting for her with my pet... Medding myself to 100%.

Lucky me... She pops and I am full everything. Pet attacks and I decide the best course of action is to use my new poison DD to finish her quick like I did the other Necromancers.

Blasting away, she turns her focus on me... Tap tanking her and using poison blast I finish her with 30% life left. Quickly I siezed the Dagger of Marnak and struggle to mem both cancel magic and cure disease.

I cured the disease she gave me, but in mid-cast of the cancel magic that damn Heat Blood got me. ;p Should have gated in retrospect... But, even dying I was pleased. I had my dagger.

Luckily there was a 50 Cleric in the dungeon when I returned and I got a rez. :)

I haven't been on the edge of my seat for a game in years.

Reiker
08-18-2010, 08:04 PM
If you gated you wouldn't even have lost exp, unless they fixed that.

Malrubius
08-18-2010, 08:07 PM
I am a level 24 Necromancer and am finally strong enough to get to the end of Befallen. Fighting my way through I got to the basement and killed the light blue PH for the Theumagist(sp?). Camping for the first time in years I sat waiting for her with my pet... Medding myself to 100%.

Lucky me... She pops and I am full everything. Pet attacks and I decide the best course of action is to use my new poison DD to finish her quick like I did the other Necromancers.

Blasting away, she turns her focus on me... Tap tanking her and using poison blast I finish her with 30% life left. Quickly I siezed the Dagger of Marnak and struggle to mem both cancel magic and cure disease.

I cured the disease she gave me, but in mid-cast of the cancel magic that damn Heat Blood got me. ;p Should have gated in retrospect... But, even dying I was pleased. I had my dagger.

Luckily there was a 50 Cleric in the dungeon when I returned and I got a rez. :)

I haven't been on the edge of my seat for a game in years.

Awesome story - that's what the game is all about.

thxer
08-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Not to be a fag, but that was cool. Thanks for sharing. <3

XDrake
08-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Just say 'no homo' first and it isn't gay.

Swiftsong_Lorekeeper
08-18-2010, 10:02 PM
Just say 'no homo' first and it isn't gay.

Very true haha. Definitely a good story and congrats on your dagger.

Arclanz
08-20-2010, 03:19 PM
Congrats!

{postscript} I swear there is a dot bug. If a dot ends but one more tick would kill you; it seems like the dot is re-cast on you automatically. I've died twice from this. Relieved to see the dot gone just when one more tick would kill me, I instead see the message repeated "you feel feverish and take 20 points of damage." Note that this was the amount the spell INITIALLY gives; not the dmg per tick. And no, an npc did not recast the spell on me.

guineapig
08-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Great story man!

Congrats!

{postscript} I swear there is a dot bug. If a dot ends but one more tick would kill you; it seems like the dot is re-cast on you automatically. I've died twice from this. Relieved to see the dot gone just when one more tick would kill me, I instead see the message repeated "you feel feverish and take 20 points of damage." Note that this was the amount the spell INITIALLY gives; not the dmg per tick. And no, an npc did not recast the spell on me.

You should definitely port this in the bugs section if you haven't yet. Interesting indeed!

inyane
08-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Congrats!

ahh, are you the one i watched die outside guk today? i also saw the message "soandso feels feverish" and there were no mobs around

OngorDrakan
08-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Love these stories. I was getting my dog to stop barking last night while trying to sell in WC. Well a ghoul comes along and starts beating on me, I'm at 50% HP at lvl 13. White con. I go, well eff it, may as well try. I start whailing on him. I get down to 15% and hadn't used mend yet...But it probably would have killed me. We were neck and neck the whole way down our HP scale though. I'd hit him a few times, knock him down, then he'd hit me, knock me down, etc. It was a rush.