PDA

View Full Version : Best item

Supaskillz
04-23-2014, 02:24 PM
Recent post offering pre need fungi staff for sale poster boldly proclaimed that it is the best item in game. I realize best item depends on class and other factors, but curious - what do you think is the top item in game currently( let's leave spell scrolls out of this) Try to ignore rarity and base your judgement on utility.

I think - Manastone.

Other considerations-
Fungi tunic
Fungus covered great staff
Some epics
Robe of the spring
J boots
Circlet if shadows
Midnight mallet ( not sure if kidding)

I am sure i forgot some sweet honorable mentions

Frieza_Prexus
04-23-2014, 02:28 PM
Cleric epic and/or Donal's. Nothing else even comes close.

Erati
04-23-2014, 02:29 PM
Recent post offering pre need fungi staff for sale poster boldly proclaimed that it is the best item in game. I realize best item depends on class and other factors, but curious - what do you think is the top item in game currently( let's leave spell scrolls out of this) Try to ignore rarity and base your judgement on utility.

I think - Manastone.

Other considerations-
Fungi tunic
Fungus covered great staff
Some epics
Robe of the spring
J boots
Circlet if shadows
Midnight mallet ( not sure if kidding)

I am sure i forgot some sweet honorable mentions

my vote :P

Nubben
Gnoll Fang (http://wiki.project1999.com/Gnoll_Fang)

HeallunRumblebelly
Donals BP. Until the nerfs, anyway. Completely flips the class on its head.

Supaskillz
04-23-2014, 02:31 PM
Donals BP. Until the nerfs, anyway. Completely flips the class on its head.

Wow how did I forget that one

Kekephee
04-23-2014, 02:31 PM
Pre-nerf Gnoll Fang (http://wiki.project1999.com/Gnoll_Fang)

ftfy

Supaskillz
04-23-2014, 02:32 PM
Cleric epic only useful when people die. Too boring.

Trosh
04-23-2014, 02:33 PM
can you still loot those PBaoe weapons? like the Earthsomething 2HS and I think there's another one.. for aoe madness groups? or for crazy reposte pulls and such..

I always thought it would be neato to use those properly

HeallunRumblebelly
04-23-2014, 02:33 PM
Bladestopper, as well, makes counterkites many, many times easier. Recharges cheap, too.

edit: other raid tools like soulfires / shiny brass idols also really changing the raiding landscape on p99. SBI won't be as needed once the ring war earrings are in (frozen skull?). Soulfires are just the kings of prepping an engage or killing a longwinded hosh when you're low on shields.

fadetree
04-23-2014, 02:35 PM
What's a counterkite?

My opinion is Fungi Tunic. Manastone I never thought was that useful, but maybe I was doing it wrong.

Erati
04-23-2014, 02:37 PM
What's a counterkite?

My opinion is Fungi Tunic. Manastone I never thought was that useful, but maybe I was doing it wrong.

Take a manastone away from someone and they wonder how they ever played without it....

HeallunRumblebelly
04-23-2014, 02:37 PM
can you still loot those PBaoe weapons? like the Earthsomething 2HS and I think there's another one.. for aoe madness groups? or for crazy reposte pulls and such..

Earthshaker. Shakerpaging worked better with rampaging (hence the name) but i'd reckon it really is doable if a warrior could get secondary on a bard kite, have the bard zone, and just disc riposte it down :p Unfortunately you'd only get one pull every 72? minutes or something.

Danth
04-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Fungus Staff still wins because of its sheer value. It'll buy you multiple examples of pretty much any other item listed here.

Danth

August
04-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Earthshaker. Shakerpaging worked better with rampaging (hence the name) but i'd reckon it really is doable if a warrior could get secondary on a bard kite, have the bard zone, and just disc riposte it down :p Unfortunately you'd only get one pull every 72? minutes or something.

I have fond memories of some weapon i used on a warrior back during PoP days.

I used to go to the rockhopper caves in some stupid luclin zone and run to the bottom, and then run all the way up, and then flip on a disc that would riposte every attack? I also had double riposte or whatever. It had an AOE Earthquake on the wep as well.

Basically massively killed everything, and i got a ton of rockhopper hides! It was the cave though that you could do something and the other dudes would spawn. I hated that crap - i just wanted rockhoppers.

Supaskillz
04-23-2014, 02:41 PM
Fungus Staff still wins because of its sheer value. It'll buy you multiple examples of pretty much any other item listed here.

Danth

I said ignore rarity base judgement on utility for this very reason.

Cecily
04-23-2014, 02:43 PM
Robe of the Spring, Blood Orchid Katana, Peggy Cloak, Crystal Mask (any unlimited invis clickie).

SoW kat is most definitely my favorite, but my immersion would be ruined without any of the above.

Danth
04-23-2014, 02:43 PM
I said ignore rarity base judgement on utility for this very reason.

Oh I figured you just meant to ignore things like removed/rare items that have questionable actual effectiveness (guises, etc). My mistake.

Danth

HeallunRumblebelly
04-23-2014, 02:44 PM
What's a counterkite?

It's it's essentially how everything's pulled to the zone in of vp. I suppose it's no secret as both guilds do it the same way, so I'll explain--this probably isn't exact as i'm prepping a dps group, but the theory should remain about the same, and shows the importance of high spell aggro (rune, in this case).

Puller 1 grabs dragon and runs it down, Puller 2 gets secondary (any clicky works here, bracer of the hidden is pretty common) as he's running it down and remains deeper into VP, feigned. Puller 1 takes the shitstorm to near entrance and will drop some major threat into the dragon. Mallets are common, puppet strings for the opulent sort. Then Puller 2 (who's deeper into VP) will start hitting bladestoppers. His threat on the mobs will be higher on everything else, except the main pull, who has been hit with a large aggro clicky, ergo single pull without ever having to drop threat (and lose the FTE).

There's prob some technical details wrong with that again, but basically uses two different tiers of threat to split out the dragon without having to feign, allowing FTE to be swapped. Idols are very useful at the beginning of a pull because they're instant and can be hit during the jav throw if the player is quick to avoid being charmed, allowing you to get distance and for a few other pullers to get secondary aggro to avoid a FTE change. PD is basically 16 hours of monks with a target macro and ranged attack right now--it's absolute hell for those FTE monks, but, such is Everquest <_<

edit: necros can do this similarly with manaskin (rune effect) but it's a bit slower and less reliable. Speaking of shitty busted aggro mechanics, how about we fix aoe heals before we have to really start using them in fucking TOV, eh? EH?!

Supaskillz
04-23-2014, 02:45 PM
2 people on robe of the spring. Are you able to pick this over Donal's bc of pending nerf, or you are Druid don't care about cleric items lol?

tristantio
04-23-2014, 02:49 PM

Blued Two-Handed Hammer, not in game currently (but I have one for sale :D)

I would say best item is any Drink (imagine if no drinks were in game, would be a pain to regain mana to say the least).

HeallunRumblebelly
04-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Cec and Dald are just druids. ROTS heals for shit. Even shissar apothic staff heals for more when donals is nerfed. Druids just gonna sit around and suck, cuz druids ~

Pint
04-23-2014, 02:52 PM
Correct answer is Donals bp every time, fungus staff definitely most expensive item though

HeallunRumblebelly
04-23-2014, 02:53 PM
Correct answer is Donals bp every time, fungus staff definitely most expensive item though

fungus staff is pimp cane status symbol.

Daldaen
04-23-2014, 02:57 PM
Tough to argue against Donal's or Cleric Epic here.

Imagine having to throw down 700 mana per Rez on a raid. That's a decent chunk of wastes time. Cleric epics save many hours per week raiding when you wipe.

Donal's... Really should've been nerfed 2 years ago. But alas, 20s CH mana free, is in game until Velious.

Manastone changed how I played the game as a Druid. Basically always keeping up regen on myself even when I have 0 plans on taking damage. Effectively if I keep Regrowth up every 4 ticks I'm getting 60 HP back, which turns into 20 mana from a single Manastone click. Effectively adding 5 mana regen to myself. No other item increases the rate at which I regen mana in this era.

Coupled with the above, Robe of the Spring / Elder Spiritist's Greaves. I plan on buying the former at some point in time but for now the later suits my purposes. Mana free 220-270 HP heals (given your target doesn't have HB / Natureskin on). Manastone turns your 12s clicky heal into about 70-90~ mana, which is about 35-45 mana a tick, 10ish? More than meditate. But these items don't come anywhere close to the cleric ones listed above. For Druids though, tough to beat.

If we had classic DA aggro drop mechanics here, Earring of the Frozen Skull would win out for Druids though. 4 charges of DA, 1s cast, recharged for under 1 platinum... It is godly. I spent something like 1 million for a pair on Mac server. Totally worth every copper.

Raid mobs dying I'm nuking just enough to stay under the MT's hate, when MT dies from unlucky round I quickly DA. Due to classic DA mechanics, all aggro is dumped other than a base 1 point of aggro. I click off DA immediately and continue nuking with almost no fear of pulling aggro. I'd regularly use several charges per raid night and recharge at the end. It was boss.

Daldaen
04-23-2014, 03:01 PM
Cec and Dald are just druids. ROTS heals for shit. Even shissar apothic staff heals for more when donals is nerfed. Druids just gonna sit around and suck, cuz druids ~

I hadn't even posted in the thread yet :(.

Get out of my head. Also Druids are boss, don't lie.

Supaskillz
04-23-2014, 03:06 PM
I didn't know that Greater heal staff existed, bc I have never been to vp I guess. Sweet item. Donald BP is just too op. Nerf it now and continue this coversation.

HeallunRumblebelly
04-23-2014, 03:07 PM
I hadn't even posted in the thread yet :(.

Get out of my head. Also Druids are boss, don't lie.

Call you when I need an ejac. Take the important classes places :P

That said, any class with a good head on their shoulders is welcome. I swear to god if someone doesn't move those 2 racnars...

HeallunRumblebelly
04-23-2014, 03:09 PM
I didn't know that Greater heal staff existed, bc I have never been to vp I guess. Sweet item. Donald BP is just too op. Nerf it now and continue this coversation.

Gheal staff is cashmoney for spothealing dps from dragon aoe, especially if donals is only 30s nerfed on vel launch. AOEs in TOV are hide-able, so, you can just torpor / greater heal staff heal up the deeps while the tank is kept up with donals. Pretty much everything up to vulak could be done with 10 BPs at launch. I'm all for perma rooting the dragons on launch, though. Make vyemm fun :P

lecompte
04-23-2014, 03:10 PM
Cleric epic. Sure donal's BP is cool and OP but... trying rezzing 40 people 96% w/ mana.

Daldaen
04-23-2014, 03:12 PM
Call you when I need an ejac. Take the important classes places :P

That said, any class with a good head on their shoulders is welcome. I swear to god if someone doesn't move those 2 racnars...

Truth. If resists were more classic (see tuned against 255 cap) Druids would be boss pullers and kiters for raid stuff. But sadly unless you can bard your way to nearly 500 MR may as well not bother for some stuff :/.

Also unless you're offering 1000 for an Ejac, gtfo. And certainly don't be the 60 monk who offers me 13 plat while wearing over 500k in gear. Learn2carryrubies.

Tewaz
04-23-2014, 03:17 PM
If SoW didn't exist and Jboots were droppable and rare, I think they would be the most valuable item in the game.

HeallunRumblebelly
04-23-2014, 03:17 PM
Cleric epic. Sure donal's BP is cool and OP but... trying rezzing 40 people 96% w/ mana.

Did it all the time first 6 months of the server (dat manastone in the planes and no low hp aggro, lols). Also, in big raids, we'd just go without rezzes and be sure to bind close. Melee would locket outside of VP, casters bind, rez at the end of the raid if there was time. If not, gain the xp back ~

HeallunRumblebelly
04-23-2014, 03:18 PM
Truth. If resists were more classic (see tuned against 255 cap) Druids would be boss pullers and kiters for raid stuff. But sadly unless you can bard your way to nearly 500 MR may as well not bother for some stuff :/.

Also unless you're offering 1000 for an Ejac, gtfo. And certainly don't be the 60 monk who offers me 13 plat while wearing over 500k in gear. Learn2carryrubies.

I still sometimes take a full druushk aoe at like 475 mr. That is letting the terrorists win right there. And druids can nuke on about half the current raid targets--their nukes just get godfuck useless (as does everyone's, really, except banes / lures :P) in velious.

tristantio
04-23-2014, 03:21 PM
I think I'd vote for the dragon tooths for the best items - imagine having a limitless supply - always having a necro pet available (from level 1 onwards) - huge PL boost for alts, pretty big dps boost for any class in groups.

Daldaen
04-23-2014, 03:22 PM
They're already god fuck useless in Sky. But that's why Jesus created charm able pegasii. And they are semi useless on some outdoor dragons, but I can take a charm like nobodies business and make sure that I'm chain casting burst of flame on our puller.

Velious was sort of rough on Druids. Luclin's AAs, 3k heal and Moonfire all helped Druids be more boss. Shame those things weren't Velious though. Would be decently balanced even in Velious for Druids to get at the very least those 2 spells. But alas. Druid bear pet and 1k heal will have to suffice.

HeallunRumblebelly
04-23-2014, 03:24 PM
They're already god fuck useless in Sky. But that's why Jesus created charm able pegasii. And they are semi useless on some outdoor dragons, but I can take a charm like nobodies business and make sure that I'm chain casting burst of flame on our puller.

Velious was sort of rough on Druids. Luclin's AAs, 3k heal and Moonfire all helped Druids be more boss. Shame those things weren't Velious though. Would be decently balanced even in Velious for Druids to get at the very least those 2 spells. But alas. Druid bear pet and 1k heal will have to suffice.

Dat bear pet doe. Can't beat it. At least 15 dps, sustained!

Daldaen
04-23-2014, 03:30 PM
Until the first AE. But really, that bear is a pro at pulling shit through doors, ceilings and walls. That and determining where the newest spawn is via pet guard trick were its primary uses.

HeallunRumblebelly
04-23-2014, 03:33 PM
Until the first AE. But really, that bear is a pro at pulling shit through doors, ceilings and walls. That and determining where the newest spawn is via pet guard trick were its primary uses.

Man, srsly tho, harmony is so fucking good in velious. Don't let anyone tell u dif :P Not to mention charm pet dps on WW drags / SG merbs.

edit: Also, can u charm anything in DN? Maybe a spider or one of the water snakes? :P

Erati
04-23-2014, 03:35 PM
Man, srsly tho, harmony is so fucking good in velious. Don't let anyone tell u dif :P Not to mention charm pet dps on WW drags / SG merbs.

edit: Also, can u charm anything in DN? Maybe a spider or one of the water snakes? :P

spiders are insects not animals silly...

but I will test if it works on the entropy things

Nubben
04-23-2014, 03:38 PM
Aren't there also rats with the regular (classic) rat model in DN too?

Daldaen
04-23-2014, 03:39 PM
Water snakes possibly. Chetari and Spiders aren't animals I don't think. The bats in the caves may be charm able too now that I think about it.

The drakkel dire wolves in Kael sustain around 120 DPS I think. Their resists are sort of high right now though, I have one quote about their resist being really low but ima look for more. Cause these make Druids a solid addition to a Kael armor group or a Tormax/Vindi/Statue/AoW raid. I may be able to play my main and not my cleric if charming is as awesome as it was in classic $$&.

Walruses and swordfish in SG are about 100.

WW the hound and brontetherium are decent DPS as well, haven't parsed em though. With mallet, Robe/ES Greaves and Bracer of Hidden for dispel slot on pet, I think soloing some of the weaker dragons may be possible. May try it out some time.

If harmony were allowed indoors though... Oh lord Jesus have mercy.

Daldaen
04-23-2014, 03:41 PM
4 pages. From legit question to Druids are awesome thread.

Hump day success.

Erati
04-23-2014, 03:41 PM
pras Druids.

Daldaen
04-23-2014, 03:42 PM
pras Druids.

Pras Druids.

Ravager
04-23-2014, 03:51 PM
Handmade Backpack.

Tasslehofp99
04-23-2014, 03:55 PM
2 people on robe of the spring. Are you able to pick this over Donal's bc of pending nerf, or you are Druid don't care about cleric items lol?

As a druid, there really isn't a more valuable item than Robe of the spring or ES legs imo.

Nubben
04-23-2014, 03:56 PM
These (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5438) are the ones I was thinking of. Apparently they are plague rat models, not newbie yard rat models like I had in mind. According to Zam they ARE animals though, and range from 50-55. Is there a max level that druid charm works on?

Here (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npclist.html?zone=121) is the full list of mobs in (modern) DN. You can sort this by Animals.

Supaskillz
04-23-2014, 04:02 PM
As a druid, there really isn't a more valuable item than Robe of the spring or ES legs imo.

I disagree. Manastone. Then those items.

Druids need all the forum love they can get to make up for in game. Direction Of thread okay with op.

baalzy
04-23-2014, 04:41 PM
After seeing Daldaen work I'm now convinced that the problem with druids is the players, and not the class.

Daldaen
04-23-2014, 04:42 PM
After seeing Daldaen work I'm now convinced that the problem with druids is the players, and not the class.

Thanks necro friend.

Druids pras.

Splorf22
04-23-2014, 04:43 PM
what do you think is the top item in game currently( let's leave spell scrolls out of this)

1. Donals' BP
2. Puppet Strings
3. Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap
4. Fungus Covered Great Staff
5. Potion of Stinging Wort

Erati
04-23-2014, 04:43 PM
After seeing Daldaen die a lot, I'm now convinced that the problem with druids is the players, and not the class.

FTFY.... even added comma !

Ele
04-23-2014, 04:56 PM

PCs don't proc on ripos. Rampage works because the warrior swings at every single mob in his attack arc causing hundreds of individual swings each having a chance to proc.

fastboy21
04-23-2014, 05:43 PM
My fav item up to our era the sow sword from vp. Guess that's not same as best item.

Tokai Saikutsu
04-23-2014, 06:01 PM
Mage epic cleric epic, that is all .....

Supaskillz
04-23-2014, 06:15 PM
5. Potion of Stinging Wort

I want to know about this one. I have never used it. Looks like 300 hp heal instant with negative regen effect? Can you use it if the debuff is up? How expensive to recharge 10 dose?

Edit: wiki is confusing effect description is inconsistent with potion description. Potion page makes it sound like haste and stats

Vayder
04-23-2014, 08:16 PM
Can spam heal w/ stinging wort. It's how 52 monks first soloed Nagafen/Vox on live.

HeallunRumblebelly
04-23-2014, 11:43 PM
Can spam heal w/ stinging wort. It's how 52 monks first soloed Nagafen/Vox on live.

Eh, the first "solo". Most of it was done by just binding nearby and CH'ing, gating back, etc. Did this quite a bit with Tecknoe (quarken's monk) to farm vox/nag. Wasn't super competitive on vazaelle for those two :P

Porcoa
04-24-2014, 12:28 AM
spiders

insects

Sponge
04-24-2014, 12:55 AM
PCs don't proc on ripos. Rampage works because the warrior swings at every single mob in his attack arc causing hundreds of individual swings each having a chance to proc.

Thank you, I was going to post this same thing if someone hadn't already said it.

In case anyone is curious..

Slow warrior/remove haste items
Massive train arrives (DA class, etc (warrior could pull too I suppose))
Fire invul or riposte disc (riposte can be risky if you are a newb and get turned around somehow)
Fire rampage and game freezes for like 20 seconds
Game unfreezes and you have lots of looting to do

-Sync

heartbrand
04-24-2014, 01:10 AM
sow sword best item in game not even close

Blade
04-24-2014, 01:43 AM
Truncheon of Doom
Silken Whip of Ensnaring
Staff of the Dreaded Gaze

/warrior

Sarajo
04-24-2014, 02:16 AM
Guise of the Coercer (http://wiki.project1999.com/Guise_of_the_Coercer)

I feel pretty

http://media.tumblr.com/08495a04b7546ba752404ee9aaacbaf5/tumblr_inline_mtm71jMJA41rkigs1.gif

fastboy21
04-24-2014, 08:33 AM
spiders are insects not animals silly...

but I will test if it works on the entropy things

You make me laugh.

Daldaen
04-24-2014, 08:48 AM
Stinging Wort isn't even close to the top 5. Sure it's useful for novelty of soloing Naggy/Vox. But it's a pain to get, it takes what, 5-6 slots of them to equal a SoulFire and it's self only. Recharging should cost like 1000 per 10 dose (dunno if it's non classic here). No potion is worthy of top 5-10 items. Unless the ONLY aspect of the game you're looking at is solo artist.

Cleric Epic should be #1 by a long shot.

skorge
04-24-2014, 09:02 AM
I won't list items that are specific only to one class because I don't consider those "best."

Best items in-game:

Fungi tunic (duh so overpowered on a twink of all types of classes)
Manastone (can be used effeciently on several classes)
Rod of Annihilation (extremely well item you can put on any caster to help them level up faster - especially necro and enchanters)
RBG - great stats, all/all, good haste
pre-nerf fungi staff - another really great twink tool and powerful item
puppet strings - powerful in the right hands
dragon tooth - 49 pet, can be used to level you up (if you have the ballz to use it lol)
locket of escape - bind your melee/tank
Amulet of Necropotence - any class can use, cool skele effect, changes faction
Pre-Nerf guise of deceiver - read above, except cool dark elf illusion instead of skele

those are some i can think of that i would consider the best...like i said i wont put anything that is targeted for just one class, those wont be the best

Daldaen
04-24-2014, 09:11 AM
Best is pretty vague I agree.

You list a ton of items that are useful for twinking/PLing. I focused on more the stuff used at the endgame by 60s in groups and raids. Loraen focused more on solo / group utility stuff.

And then there's the whole useful to this class but no game changing to everyone else etc.

A top five by class at level 60 would be an interesting read.

Pheer
04-24-2014, 09:43 AM
60 ogre sk with a guise/circlet/sow sword feels like as close as you can get to godmode in this game imo

Clark
04-24-2014, 10:44 AM
Fungi tunic

SamwiseRed
04-24-2014, 11:07 AM
aon up there.

skorge
04-24-2014, 11:14 AM
60 ogre sk with a guise/circlet/sow sword feels like as close as you can get to godmode in this game imo

word, my troll SK has the guise and cos + jboots (dont need sow)...that combined with epic and 41% haste is amazing...mini god

Supaskillz
04-24-2014, 11:34 AM
The red folks obv say aon and sow sword. Donals not even honorable mention there. Sow sword makes you faster than all those chumps with jboots.

Brut
04-24-2014, 11:40 AM
CoS. /nod

Laugher
04-24-2014, 11:45 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/08495a04b7546ba752404ee9aaacbaf5/tumblr_inline_mtm71jMJA41rkigs1.gif

I want royalties :p

lol, but tbh jboots, fungi, guise, cloak of flames favs for me (used to play a rogue main on live only seems fitting they could use all of this)

*edit* AoN, barb mask as well

Loke
04-24-2014, 11:54 AM
If we're including epics, and discounting donal's due to nerf, Bard epic imo. That 1.8 mod to singing such a game changer. I don't think any single item has a bigger effect on the play style of a class than the bard epic.

Supaskillz
04-24-2014, 11:54 AM
Cof is garbage. Everyone has sky belts these days

Bakaris
04-24-2014, 12:06 PM
Guise!

Laugher
04-24-2014, 12:27 PM
If we're including epics, and discounting donal's due to nerf, Bard epic imo. That 1.8 mod to singing such a game changer. I don't think any single item has a bigger effect on the play style of a class than the bard epic.

Could agree with this.. in other places I've made bards post-velious I've still opted for the epic over PoTime gear per se because the mod is too much to give up. For this same reason I chose fungi; I never thought of a rogue as a soloing class but was able to do 1-30 almost entirely solo on my rogue because of it; with haste its even better. I would imagine if I had spent more than 200p total on the rest of his gear pre-30 (ex. if i had bought jc rings/earrings/neck and/or necklace of superiority coupled with a piece like a CoF, hiero cloak as well as other hp pieces he probably would've been solid until 40ish)

Cof is garbage. Everyone has sky belts these days

haven't played much melee in this era 46+, not to mention PoSky is one of my least favorite places anyway haha

fastboy21
04-24-2014, 01:15 PM
Could agree with this.. in other places I've made bards post-velious I've still opted for the epic over PoTime gear per se because the mod is too much to give up. For this same reason I chose fungi; I never thought of a rogue as a soloing class but was able to do 1-30 almost entirely solo on my rogue because of it; with haste its even better. I would imagine if I had spent more than 200p total on the rest of his gear pre-30 (ex. if i had bought jc rings/earrings/neck and/or necklace of superiority coupled with a piece like a CoF, hiero cloak as well as other hp pieces he probably would've been solid until 40ish)

haven't played much melee in this era 46+, not to mention PoSky is one of my least favorite places anyway haha

Inny sword from potime > epic.

Daldaen
04-24-2014, 01:21 PM
Inny sword from potime > epic.

Hydrotha Mask > Epic too.

Bard epic is solid. But I not quite Cleric epic level.

Loke
04-24-2014, 01:28 PM
Bard epic is solid. But I not quite Cleric epic level.

Cleric epic just saves mana (time) and casts a spell already available to the player. Not sure how you can even begin the compare that to the 1.8 singing mod on this server (e.g. no PoTime items & resists >255).

Daldaen
04-24-2014, 01:36 PM
Because the time allows you to do more. If you removed cleric epics from game for a week and removed bard epics from game for a week... What do you think would happen in each scenario?

And yes, as you point out, one of the reasons bard epic is quite valuable here is because we have a non classic Resist system.

deadlycupcakez
04-24-2014, 01:37 PM
what is the donals nerf going to be?

Erati
04-24-2014, 01:54 PM
Cleric epic just saves mana (time) and casts a spell already available to the player. Not sure how you can even begin the compare that to the 1.8 singing mod on this server (e.g. no PoTime items & resists >255).

Also remember, the cleric epic is clickable at lvl 50. The 96% res it casts is not avail to clerics until lvl 56!

So the cleric epic allows for lvl 50 clerics to res as if they are lvl 56 and do it manaless.

Its so important its not even worth listing/mentioning bc its beyond putting on a list.

its like talking about air we breath and how great it is to have avail.

Mercurial
04-24-2014, 01:55 PM
Damn all this talk about SK's and Druids make me want to roll one so bad lol

quido
04-24-2014, 01:59 PM
Spell: Complete Healing

Mercurial
04-24-2014, 02:00 PM

Technically speaking yes this is the best item lol

Loke
04-24-2014, 02:09 PM
Its so important its not even worth listing/mentioning bc its beyond putting on a list.

idk, I still disagree. The only time a cleric epic is really game changing for a raid is on a wipe. 99% of the time on this server, if you wipe, you're losing the mob anyway. Outside of raiding, sure epic saves you a couple minutes of medding, but how often does that change anything aside from saving a couple minutes? On a full raid wipe a cleric epic reduces time, but it doesn't make the raid any more effective at killing the mob, and the number of times on this server that a full raid has wiped, recovered and still gotten the mob has to be way less than 5% of all raids.

On the other hand, almost every single raid mob in the game has some sort of AE. An epic bard is able to push 187 MR to the raid, which is pretty game changing on ~80% of the encounters currently on the server.

Cleric epic is definitely helpful, it just isn't game changing in very many scenarios when compared to bard epic.

Erati
04-24-2014, 02:30 PM
Cleric epic is definitely helpful, it just isn't game changing in very many scenarios when compared to bard epic.

Because these arguments are mostly opinion, we can agree to disagree on most.

However, the cleric epic gives lvl 50 clerics the ability to res as if they are lvl 56 and it cost nothing but a click.

That is insanely powerful.

I agree bard epic is one of the best epics out there hands down, no rebuttal there.

Smalls
04-24-2014, 02:36 PM
Rusty short sword.

Supaskillz
04-24-2014, 02:37 PM

Failed to read op.

xexbis0
04-24-2014, 05:46 PM
Woah Woah Woah. Everyone needs to pump their brakes a little bit. I think you are forgetting about one CRUCIAL item.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147878

Going to be worth 2-3 mil + after Velious release.

Sarajo
04-24-2014, 05:46 PM
I see the argument for the cleric epic; there's no other item you can click on that will give you 9.6% of a level's worth of XP back (except a Gnoll Fang)

Supaskillz
04-24-2014, 06:20 PM
Gnoll fang life

Visual
04-24-2014, 07:31 PM
aon up there.

*snore* attainable items

webrunner5
04-24-2014, 08:42 PM
If SoW didn't exist and Jboots were droppable and rare, I think they would be the most valuable item in the game.

Or there would be a shitpot more Bards. :D And I agree with Clark. If you are a Melee class and want to solo a Fungi is God Like.