PDA

View Full Version : Mistmoore - lvl 60 not resisting teen mobs casting, Dhampyre, mobs running away, ect

Ashimar
04-24-2014, 07:35 AM
I have a lvl 60 who i take to Mistmoore from time to time to help other newbs, camp cloak, ect. if you decide not to invis....

Usually its not a big deal until you start fighting Dark Offerers, Dark Sacrificers, ect, casters. you can be 30+ levels plus above them, with the best resist gear money can buy, and they will usually ALWAYS cast Dispell then Boil Blood on you. you might resist it once, but they cast it enough time it will ALWAYS LAND. don't bother trying to resist it. You can resist thunder strike, venom of the snake, ect but not Boil Blood and Dispell.

Also, this probably isn't new to anyone either, but once you get below 50 percent health these lvl 10 mobs will start hitting you, a lvl 60 for 100+ points of damage (Wish it was the other way around) and usually you can take a group of these guys but not if its casters. they'll cast Boil Blood until you're low HP then start cripple hitting you until you have to zone a bunch of pushover initiate familiars, pissing people off half the time. Once or twice i died because i made it out at 5 percent health but Boil Blood ran its course and killed me. its just kind of annoying to invest in resist gear (Magic) and pushover mobs able to keep you dotted the whole time.

Lastly, The Cloaked Dhampyre. people just love to waltz in there without considering looking above them to see someone is camping it. just because your "CC" or "Camp Check" wasn't answered doesn't mean a camp is open. Not everyone sits down at the fountain to wait for repops. most people sit above the camp on the castle rooftops. And real assholes will say things like "i was the first to engage and you werent here a second ago" i've heard it a million times.

a while back they put a patch in that makes the mobs run away at low health. well, lately they havent been running much at all when low health. im not sure why, but i definatley enjoy that more. its annoying to have to chase down a newb mob and get 20+ more greenies aggro you.

Okay, feels good to get that out. :)

Quineloe
04-24-2014, 07:53 AM
Boil Blood has a -100 resist check vs fire. How high is your fire resist? Makes sense your magic resist isn't helping against that.

Cancel Magic doesn't have a resist check at all.

Mistmoore also doesn't have level 10 mobs. Those 100 damage hits are probably backstabs?

Mirana
04-24-2014, 08:15 AM
It's been well documented that the resist checks are not completely accurate on this server, most specifically regarding low level mobs landing spells on high level Pc's. It has something to do with client side vs server side (that whole thing, I don't really understand it).

Messianic
04-24-2014, 08:19 AM
This doesn't seem all that different from live. My 60 epic monk avoided casters like the plague - even ones 20 levels below him. And swarms can be devastating, even if they're level 25's - particularly if they're backstabbing mobs standing behind you (easier to hit you).

The rules that PCs have that prevent them from killing mobs much higher level than them don't apply to NPCs, unfortunately.

Boil blood is as close to unresistable as it can really get.

HydroPonics
04-24-2014, 08:19 AM
Welcome to Mistmoore! we hope you enjoy your stay. Message me if you need a 50% rez, because from the sounds of it... sooner or later you're gonna need it!

zanderklocke
04-24-2014, 09:12 AM
Mobs don't run anymore if another mob on same faction is nearby; they essentially will kill themselves fighting you. Makes every zone in game a druid PL haven.

Daldaen
04-24-2014, 09:21 AM
They will if they are the only mob left. Currently it's pseudo bugged and the only mob left thing isn't working exactly classic. But I think Haynar has got that fixed for next patch.

And yes... Green mobs sticking spells of most any variety is ridiculous. Level 60s should outright resist 90% of green mob spells, even with 25-50 Resist. Currently it's more like 5-10%. Or the level range is ridiculous. I feel like level 1-20 mobs I resist fine. But 30-40 mobs stick spells way too much and 50-60 even with 150-200 MR I get blasted pretty hard.

A revamp of our resist checks and capping them at 255 would be really cool though. But I'm guessing that is something that would take a lot of time.

HeallunRumblebelly
04-24-2014, 09:22 AM
Mobs don't run anymore if another mob on same faction is nearby; they essentially will kill themselves fighting you. Makes every zone in game a druid PL haven.

and cleric o_o

Daldaen
04-24-2014, 09:24 AM
and cleric o_o

Don't come into my territory bro. I'll crush you with my uber Druid gear.

fishingme
04-24-2014, 09:42 AM
Not everyone knows to look ontop of the castle. Stop your bitchjin and reply to camp checks. You sound just like this wizard I know that's permacamped there that always runs from dhamp to lasna, then caitiff instead of camping just one target, then he gates back to his bind at dhamp.

Trosh
04-24-2014, 09:47 AM
rules of camping state that you must keep an active physical presence next to the mob that you are camping. if you leave - then you give up the camp.

Camp Rules (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132299)

section 2, paragraph 6
if the camp in question is contested you must "maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it."

if you leave the camp and someone else wants it, you lose that camp. simple enough

Daldaen
04-24-2014, 09:48 AM
So once a group moves from crypt to emperor I can run in with my torpor shaman friend and claim crypt?

Erati
04-24-2014, 09:54 AM
So once a group moves from crypt to emperor I can run in with my torpor shaman friend and claim crypt?

been done countless times...

Lyrith
04-24-2014, 09:54 AM
Not everyone knows to look ontop of the castle. Stop your bitchjin and reply to camp checks. You sound just like this wizard I know that's permacamped there that always runs from dhamp to lasna, then caitiff instead of camping just one target, then he gates back to his bind at dhamp.

Yeah I forget his name but I have ran into this fellow several times. He isn't even at the camp, doesn't respond to camp checks, I have enough time get a pet up, buff, kill a random mob usually or a PH, then he comes running up about how he has been here the whole time crap.

Clark
04-24-2014, 10:43 AM
Don't come into my territory bro. I'll crush you with my uber Druid gear.

Lol

HydroPonics
04-24-2014, 10:47 AM
Yeah I forget his name but I have ran into this fellow several times. He isn't even at the camp, doesn't respond to camp checks, I have enough time get a pet up, buff, kill a random mob usually or a PH, then he comes running up about how he has been here the whole time crap.

Is he a Erudite Wizard named Gridfire? hes a cool guy in my opinion

Lyrith
04-24-2014, 04:54 PM
Honestly not sure, I don't have the patience to sit around to get a camp in MM.

fastboy21
04-24-2014, 11:18 PM
rules of camping state that you must keep an active physical presence next to the mob that you are camping. if you leave - then you give up the camp.

Camp Rules (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132299)

section 2, paragraph 6
if the camp in question is contested you must "maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it."

if you leave the camp and someone else wants it, you lose that camp. simple enough

"or very near the spawn(s)"...is a very vague description. imo, killing the dhamp ph and then running to cailiff or lasna is "very near the spawn(s)." generally speaking, when i am checking any camp the first thing i look for is the ph---not do a camp check. if the ph is up the camp is generally free.

4WOFURY
04-25-2014, 03:20 AM

Section 2, paragraph 6, sentence 5

The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up.

So no, you could tell them that since

...if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders cleared

means you own the camp, they are welcome to take whichever camp you do not want (probably Emp?)

drktmplr12
04-25-2014, 08:18 AM
section 2, paragraph 6

the fact that we are referring to sections and paragraphs speaks volumes about how many lawyers there are around here. its just sad