PDA

View Full Version : IP blocked only me here though

iruinedyourday
04-27-2014, 02:41 PM
I tried to log in today, but it says I cant becuse my IP is blocked. I searched around to see if this is a bug, or simmilar issue but I see nothing.

I waited 20 minuets, came back, same thing.. Blocked.

Help! I want to play! How do you petition if you cant log in at all?!

jaybone
04-27-2014, 02:44 PM
Anyone playing at your house?

iruinedyourday
04-27-2014, 02:48 PM
No it is only me. Altho I am at work.. but no one is here today, its Sunday. And I Played all day yesterday and Friday night.

Also I should add.. when I tried to log in today, i hit quick connect (thinking it would take me onto kunark, not sure if it did or didnt though) but when I got to the character screen, my character was not there!

So i logged out, and tried to manually connect to the Kunark server... thats when I started getting this message.

I should add, that rught now my quick connect button says:

[R] ! ! Leetsauce Productions

I have no idea what that means, or if that was where my quick connect button defaulted to after last nights patch and thats whats causing the issue or why I didnt see my character? Not sure :(

phacemeltar
04-27-2014, 02:50 PM
do you use any patchers or are you using a custom install?

iruinedyourday
04-27-2014, 02:53 PM
I dont know what proxy means.

I would love to open a petition but I cant figure out how to open one from outside the game? Is there a link or instructions?

Im using the install that I was instructed to use from this forum, no custom anythings.

phacemeltar
04-27-2014, 02:56 PM
oh nevermind what i said.. just tried to login and the server select page is blank. forums have been running slow so i would guess that the devs are doing maintenance or that the game is getting hit by some sort of hacker.

id say wait it out.

as far as proxy goes what it means is that you channel your internet connection through someone else's, thereby making your ip address appear different. this is the way alot of people get past IP bans and multiboxing concerns. search google for "free proxy" for more info, but i wouldnt recommend using any of those services.

Thulack
04-27-2014, 02:57 PM
There is a petition forum. So hit the back button twice and scroll down til you see it.

kaos057
04-27-2014, 03:02 PM
You are probably trying to log in when you are already logged in. Check that EQ isnt already open in another window.

iruinedyourday
04-27-2014, 03:03 PM
I restarted my whole computer :( same result

phacemeltar
04-27-2014, 03:10 PM
try now, i was having problems and they seem to have gone away. if you still cant login, i would take it to bugs/petitions

Thulack
04-27-2014, 03:11 PM
I want to bet that there is a port that Eq is using that got changed today and your now getting locked out from your work. i know that after 1 patch half the servers my VPN uses stopped working with p99 cause a port change somehow happened.

kaos057
04-27-2014, 03:14 PM
ps. the reason you got no character was because you logged into the wrong server. That's also why it showed a different server on quick select.

iruinedyourday
04-27-2014, 03:22 PM
Yea the quick connect sending me to the wrong server is my guess about my character...

but that doesnt make this moment in time any less scary for me haha.

I hope there is a way to unblock my IP or whatever it is that is preventing me from playing, just sitting here waiting for an hour now on a beautiful sunny day..

iruinedyourday
04-27-2014, 03:47 PM
Still not working but *Update*

I was able to log in and create a character on the PVP server.. But when I log out of that one and try to get to the Kunark server, It says I am banned still.

:((((

fishingme
04-27-2014, 04:35 PM
You need to log out of EQ on all your computers. You probably left the character select screen open at home or on another computer

Lojik
04-27-2014, 04:37 PM
Yea the quick connect sending me to the wrong server is my guess about my character...

but that doesnt make this moment in time any less scary for me haha.

I hope there is a way to unblock my IP or whatever it is that is preventing me from playing, just sitting here waiting for an hour now on a beautiful sunny day..
Outside?
Maybez?

iruinedyourday
04-27-2014, 04:44 PM
You need to log out of EQ on all your computers. You probably left the character select screen open at home or on another computer

Nope, only have this one work computer. Unless my account was hacked... Not sure why anyone would do that since I'm only level 11

Sure would like a response for my petition, been 3 hours now.

Thulack
04-27-2014, 04:51 PM
Nope, only have this one work computer. Unless my account was hacked... Not sure why anyone would do that since I'm only level 11

Sure would like a response for my petition, been 3 hours now.

Lol most likely gonna wait a day or 3 for petition to get answered. People do this stuff for free.

iruinedyourday
04-27-2014, 04:56 PM
True..

fastboy21
04-27-2014, 05:30 PM
Maybe you are actually IP banned...

Aussie
04-27-2014, 05:32 PM
Post in the petition/exploit section

iruinedyourday
04-27-2014, 05:35 PM

I am 90% sure this is the issue, as its what the warning says when I try to log in.

However I am able to log into the PVP server and was able to create a character.

So not sure if IP banning just bans you from servers? or what thier policy is.

I created a petition and I got a response, but it was a little vague heh and I'm waiting on more details. Hopefully the next message will be, 'resolved log in!'

I will update the top post with my resolution if they give me one. Apparently this is not a common issue! which is good! I guess....

PS in case you get any wrong ideas there would be no reason to IP ban me, i assume it was a combination result from: logging into the wrong server/the patch last night. So careful with that quick connect, especially after a patch I for one wont use it anymore just to be on the safe side.

iruinedyourday
04-27-2014, 05:38 PM
Post in the petition/exploit section

Thanks Aussie, I did. I originally created this post because I didn't know how to open a petition from outside the game.

since then i got a responce from: Eunomia

but they only asked my login name, i gave it to em and hopefully will hear back soon :)

iruinedyourday
04-27-2014, 06:34 PM
OK IM IN! Thanks everyone for help and suport. I logged into the PVP server and petitioned there, the guide was able to help me and get me back in!

Tankdan
04-27-2014, 11:17 PM
Got this error for the first time today too. It went away pretty quick.