PDA

View Full Version : Can We Please Not Have Broadcasts About Red 99 On The Blue Server?

Ingrum
04-29-2014, 06:17 PM
It's one thing to have Red 99ers harassing every thread on the Server Chat, it's another to push Red 99 down our throats ON the server itself.

I don't remember ever seeing advertisements for Rallos Zek, or whatever the PvP server was back in the day. I'm also sure that others can agree that Red 99 was not part of our classic EverQuest experience.

Can this please stop? At least in-game.

TLDR: Please stop spamming broadcast with Red 99 advertisements. The race event was enough but the other spiel took over my whole chat window and seriously, it's a bit frightening to see an abuse of powers like that.

Kimm Bare|y
04-29-2014, 06:24 PM
U mad?

Tasslehofp99
04-29-2014, 06:26 PM
I don't think this will honestly help the red server population, either.

Guess they've got to try.

Ingrum
04-29-2014, 06:26 PM
U mad?

This is Server Chat and therefore for more serious discussion. Do you not agree with my request and think it unfair to ask from us blue players? If not, why?

Tann
04-29-2014, 06:28 PM
It's one thing to have Red 99ers harassing every thread on the Server Chat, it's another to push Red 99 down our throats ON the server itself.

I don't remember ever seeing advertisements for Rallos Zek, or whatever the PvP server was back in the day. I'm also sure that others can agree that Red 99 was not part of our classic EverQuest experience.

Can this please stop? At least in-game.

TLDR: Please stop spamming broadcast with Red 99 advertisements. The race event was enough but the other spiel took over my whole chat window and seriously, it's a bit frightening to see an abuse of powers like that.

http://www.gifday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/1245227615_colin_farrel.gif

Tzeriel
04-29-2014, 06:29 PM
He has a point. I doubt there are advertisements for blue on red. It's starting to get to be a little suspicious and more than a little overbearing and obnoxious to be slapped with red advertisements every day. The sociopaths made their server have a low population. Let them live with it.

http://gif-central.blogspot.com/2013/01/family-guy-look-at-my-kids.html?m=1

This is basically what it has become.

Ingrum
04-29-2014, 06:29 PM
I don't think this will honestly help the red server population, either.

Guess they've got to try.

Let them I say! They already do it plenty on the forums.

The event broadcast was not a problem because it was short and sweet and you saw plenty of those back in classic. I just do not think that the broadcast channel in-game on the blue server is the right time for a very lengthy commercial for the PvP server like what we saw tonight.

no chewie dont
04-29-2014, 06:38 PM
u agreed to broadcasts when u accepted the EULA

Juevento
04-29-2014, 06:41 PM
Maybe you should ask for your money back?

I dunno, it got my attention and I've been on red for the past few days and having a pretty good time with it. Got a Druid up to lvl 15 without too much issue. Fought a few folks and generally had a good time. There is a pretty good influx of new people on red now that makes it fun.

Kudos to the staff! Keep it up.

Ingrum
04-29-2014, 06:42 PM
u agreed to broadcasts when u accepted the EULA

I understand that we do not pay for this game and if I could pay 5 dollars a month to opt out of Red 99 spam I surely would.

However, I have not seen any evidence to suggest during any part of our precious classic EverQuest era there was ever a broadcast on the PvE servers giving a lengthy advertisement about how the PvP servers have improved and that we should give it a try, or another try!

Have you?

Once again, there is nothing wrong with using the broadcast system for events. That was well known to happen back in the classic EverQuest days. However, advertisements for PvE players to give the PvP server another try were not well known to happen.

Eunomia
04-29-2014, 06:44 PM
Hi guys.

Have a little tolerance. Blue server is thriving. I doubt anyone would complain about a few going over to red. It might open up some of the camps you guys are always fighting over.

This is a project. Right now the Red Server needs the attention. It's like when you go to the emergency room with a broken toe and someone comes in with a collapsed lung after you and gets treatment before you. Your toe is going to get fixed right after we save the collapsed lung.

Derubael
04-29-2014, 06:46 PM
I am sorry if this is such a major inconvenience for you. If I were in your position I don't think broadcasting about another project the people who's server I play on run would bother me that much, but I guess everyone responds differently to different situations.

You play here for free. There are no advertisements, no subscription fee, and no pay to win model. We have decided to promote Red 99 this week, and we ask that you respect our desires while you enjoy your time here. If you do not want to play on Red, you do not have to listen to my broadcasts or click on my threads, but please do not come here protesting on our forums about our promotions of one of our servers.

Thanks and <3.

Derubael
04-29-2014, 06:47 PM
btw, when I deleted your last thread, that was my nice way of saying 'drop it'.

Ingrum
04-29-2014, 06:49 PM
Hi guys.

Have a little tolerance. Blue server is thriving. I doubt anyone would complain about a few going over to red. It might open up some of the camps you guys are always fighting over.

This is a project. Right now the Red Server needs the attention. It's like when you go to the emergency room with a broken toe and someone comes in with a collapsed lung after you and gets treatment before you. Your toe is going to get fixed right after we save the collapsed lung.

While I don't agree with your analogy, since this case I am speaking of would be more akin to that person with a collapsed lung coming into my house and death heaving right on top of my broken toe, I can completely agree with the idea that this is all a project and we should help each other out.

Sure, they need help and they need players. That's fine and events are a great way to do that! But having the commercial jammed in our faces day in and out is not giving Red a good name in the first place.

Ingrum
04-29-2014, 06:50 PM
btw, when I deleted your last thread, that was my nice way of saying 'drop it'.

I never closed my lines of communications would have appreciated a message or something. Also, from my understanding you deleted multiple people's threads and posts immediately after making your broadcast.

That seems a bit unfair and in my opinion a very immature use of powers.

I will end my speculation there, but perhaps there are two of us here that should "drop it?"

I understand and respect that your passion for the red server is as great, if not greater, than mine is for the blue server. I do not however believe that lighting up broadcasts and filling the Server Chat with advertisements for it are the effective way to show that.

Rhuma7
04-29-2014, 06:53 PM
I question the end goal of their shove-it-down-your-throat advertising. You want the blue server to end up like red? Just split it down the middle with 500-600people at peak time and maybe 200-300 late night?

http://www.troll.me/images/smooth-mutt/yo-for-real-get-that-shit-outta-here-thumb.jpg

BigHurb
04-29-2014, 06:55 PM
oh my gawd who cares

Ingrum
04-29-2014, 06:55 PM
He has a point. I doubt there are advertisements for blue on red. It's starting to get to be a little suspicious and more than a little overbearing and obnoxious to be slapped with red advertisements every day. The sociopaths made their server have a low population. Let them live with it.

http://gif-central.blogspot.com/2013/01/family-guy-look-at-my-kids.html?m=1

This is basically what it has become.

Haha I can completely agree with that gif.

Ingrum
04-29-2014, 06:56 PM
oh my gawd who cares

Obviously, myself and a few others do. =)

Pheer
04-29-2014, 06:57 PM
I am sorry if this is such a major inconvenience for you. If I were in your position I don't think broadcasting about another project the people who's server I play on run would bother me that much, but I guess everyone responds differently to different situations.

You play here for free. There are no advertisements, no subscription fee, and no pay to win model. We have decided to promote Red 99 this week, and we ask that you respect our desires while you enjoy your time here. If you do not want to play on Red, you do not have to listen to my broadcasts or click on my threads, but please do not come here protesting on our forums about our promotions of one of our servers.

Thanks and <3.

lol

So now we're not even allowed to post our displeasure about having red shoved down our throats? The red players have been coming in the blue sections of the forums for years now begging people to come to red while simultaneously calling us pussies for not playing on the server that attracts a large amount of the most cancerous percentage of the community.

Maybe I should have posted this in response to your "why do you not play on red" poll instead.

TyranyT
04-29-2014, 06:58 PM
Cut em some slack they need all the help they can get

Derubael
04-29-2014, 06:59 PM
I never closed my lines of communications would have appreciated a message or something. Also, from my understanding you deleted multiple people's threads and posts immediately after making your broadcast.

I deleted one thread, that was yours. Not sure what you're referring to.

That seems a bit unfair and in my opinion a very immature use of powers.

Again, you play here for free, and this week we are advertising the Red server. There has been a total of two broadcasts so far, one advertising the Red event, and one advertising the server itself, both were today within a second of each other. There will be more coming this week with each event. Many people don't read the forums, and some don't even know that Red99 is a thing. This is our only way to reach those people and let them know how hard we've worked to improve the Red server.

If you don't agree that we should be proud of the hard work we've put in, or be trying to get people to come experience that effort in any way we can, that's fine, but again I ask that you keep your comments to yourself. The only one being immature here is you (You're doing something that I don't like, so I'm going to yell until it stops!)

I will end my speculation there, but perhaps there are two of us here that should "drop it?"

I meant to close this thread, but for some reason it didn't lock. In any case, again, please keep your comments to yourself. We work hard to provide a fun, enjoyable place for your to play classic Everquest. I GM for both servers, and the entire staff works their ass off to make sure you and everyone else has a safe, fun, reliable place to play. If we want to get people to come check out the things we've done to make Red a better place, we will do so.

Eunomia
04-29-2014, 07:01 PM
You guys are complaining about text in a box about the size of cigarette pack. Just ignore it. It's not a mind altering subliminal message telling you to play on Red.

Have some tolerance to this!

Eunomia
04-29-2014, 07:02 PM
Or is it....

Muhahahahhaha

I hope Derubael locks the thread now.