PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about red

Skittlez
05-02-2014, 03:00 PM
The past 5 or 6 months I have been taking a break from EQ, only logging in to make sure my install is set up properly on my newest rig.

Thinking it's about time I came back but not sure if I want to hop back in blue or start on red and see how that is. Would anyone be able to give me a run down on the stand out pvp classes? Last time I was on I hopped on my bard to polish my swarming.

I think I'd be hopping into my bard if I come back to blue right now but I would also like to try out bard on red, if I make it past the login that is. I definitely prefer melee to casters, but a mix of melee and spells is always always appealing to me. If I played a caster I am kind of leaning towards a Cleric if they have any real benefits on red. If not than Shammy or Druid sounds kind of fun.

Anyway, before I start rambling, any info on classes and how they fare on red, assuming the class is played by a decent player, would be greatly appreciated.

Just beat AC 4 on 100% synchronization and now I am bored of everything besides BF4.

no chewie dont
05-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Try livejournal.com imo

Laugher
05-02-2014, 03:04 PM
The past 5 or 6 months I have been taking a break from EQ, only logging in to make sure my install is set up properly on my newest rig.

Thinking it's about time I came back but not sure if I want to hop back in blue or start on red and see how that is. Would anyone be able to give me a run down on the stand out pvp classes? Last time I was on I hopped on my bard to polish my swarming.

I think I'd be hopping into my bard if I come back to blue right now but I would also like to try out bard on red, if I make it past the login that is. I definitely prefer melee to casters, but a mix of melee and spells is always always appealing to me. If I played a caster I am kind of leaning towards a Cleric if they have any real benefits on red. If not than Shammy or Druid sounds kind of fun.

Anyway, before I start rambling, any info on classes and how they fare on red, assuming the class is played by a decent player, would be greatly appreciated.

Just beat AC 4 on 100% synchronization and now I am bored of everything besides BF4.

Did you play Rolfron Zek? Knew someone in our guild over there with the name Skittles.. can't remember but I think there was a z at the end of their name

*edit* anyway perhaps this poll thats been going on can be of some help, from what it says bard has 0 votes (as the worst class to play on a pvp server) lol

I've been a cleric on red for a few days and its been p fun, killed a mage got pwned by a twink etc. Melees are pretty deso over there, me personally I enjoy having a way to recover hp so my choice was narrowed I guess by having some kind of ability to heal or regen without twinking

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149242

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
05-02-2014, 03:07 PM
There are so many threads answering every one of your questions available on page 1 of blue and red general chat as well as some stuck in RnF because of people who shit them up.

Should be able to find everything you're looking for without even searching.

baalzy
05-02-2014, 03:12 PM
Cleric is highly desired on red. They're great in group oriented pvp (duh) and have the side benefit of being needed for PvE.

Softcore PK
05-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Bard is the absolute best pvp class, especially starting untwinked. Clerics are great (so satisfying getting that DA off right before a big nuke lands hah). Druids are probably second best starting class to bard. Shaman super good pvp class as well.

Really, play what you like. You really can't go wrong, though if you play rogue/warrior it may be kinda tough when your groups disband and you want to keep playing.

Messianic
05-02-2014, 03:43 PM
Bard is the absolute best pvp class, especially starting untwinked. Clerics are great (so satisfying getting that DA off right before a big nuke lands hah). Druids are probably second best starting class to bard. Shaman super good pvp class as well.

Really, play what you like. You really can't go wrong, though if you play rogue/warrior it may be kinda tough when your groups disband and you want to keep playing.

I'm an EQ PvP noob. Why bard? Just mobility or all the other annoying tricks (mez/charm/etc)?

Alukardo666
05-02-2014, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=Skittlez;1437362]The past 5 or 6 months I have been taking a break from EQ, only logging in to make sure my install is set up properly on my newest rig.

Just beat AC 4 on 100% synchronization and now I am bored of everything besides BF4.[/QU
come to red we have cookies

Laugher
05-02-2014, 03:49 PM
I'm an EQ PvP noob. Why bard? Just mobility or all the other annoying tricks (mez/charm/etc)?

selos+mez/charm/etc= oor when a caster casts, unhittable by someone not as fast

I've never actually watched bard PvP but I tend to think it goes something like running back and forth while somebody hopes they can pummice selos off for a tick between being incapacitated lol

Softcore PK
05-02-2014, 03:54 PM

I spent years perfecting my bard strats, not gonna spill them in public :P

Lame bards can Selo's/DoT kite any melee/hybrid without much issue at all, but the most fun I've had in EQ has been jousting rogues and warriors to death with super speed and superior jousting skill.

Skittlez
05-02-2014, 05:18 PM

Sounds like I will be making a bard on red soon since I am assuming they are praised for end game PvE on red like they are on blue, on top of what you just said. The appeal of "doing everything" on a pvp server seems excellent.

Being a class that has health regen potential is also another hige attraction I have for bard.

Trouble with warrior with no group?? Nahhh, not me. I solo'd 80%+ on blue with my warrior. I think as long as I am aware of my zone it wouldn't be a problem. Not gonna try it though, haha. I am content with soloing just one warrior to 60 (work in progress obv). ;)

Softcore PK
05-02-2014, 05:58 PM
~soloing warrior to 60

You, my friend, are insane. Got a feeling you'll fit in quite well on red :)

Welcome to the dark side!

Swish
05-02-2014, 06:00 PM
http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1377/85/1377852526343.gif

Consider rolling on red pals :)

Skittlez
05-02-2014, 06:18 PM
http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1377/85/1377852526343.gif

Consider rolling on red pals :)

Swish just sold the red server with that gif. Guaranteed I'll be on red now.

Skittlez
05-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Oh I thought your koala gif was apart of that post. Still, lol. Sold.

Swish
05-03-2014, 10:01 AM
Don't get left behind pals...

http://i.imgur.com/StdpT92.gif