PDA

View Full Version : Which classes are missing

Murmus
05-03-2014, 11:04 AM
Which classes are lacking in the endgame, I'm looking to start up and play, whats missing 55+?

SamwiseRed
05-03-2014, 11:06 AM
nothing this server is so packed most people have 2 or 3 55+. super top heavy.

myxomatosii
05-03-2014, 11:08 AM
Which classes are lacking in the endgame, I'm looking to start up and play, whats missing 55+?

(end game dungeon)
There can never be too many..

warrior, cleric, enchanter, rogue, monk, shaman,

There is usually a shortage of..

mage, bard, wizard, rogue,

there are too many..

shaman, necro, druid, monk,

some stand ins are..

ranger, paladin, shadow knight

webrunner5
05-03-2014, 11:54 AM
I guess the real need is Tanks. And a Paladin is the least played class on here with a Ranger be the next least played.

So I guess you should pick a Pally based on your question in my mind, such that it is. :eek:

kain200
05-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Heya stem you pointed it out nicely but did you miss the fact that you wrote:

There can never be too many .... monks shamans
There are too many ..... monks shamans

oops! :P

Or maybe you were being funny and I just missed it. Solid info though.

myxomatosii
05-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Heya stem you pointed it out nicely but did you miss the fact that you wrote:

There can never be too many .... monks shamans
There are too many ..... monks shamans

oops! :P

Or maybe you were being funny and I just missed it. Solid info though.

Thing is, both are true. You could have a full group of shamans and monks... meaning they are so overpowered you can work with ONLY them... at the same time, there are tons of them. So while its definitely strange, both are true.

If a group has 3 monks and 1 person drops, if a monk asks to join the group will say, yeah join!

Shaman is a little trickier, one GOOD shaman can fulfill a group unless there is no main healer, then 2 shamans would make sense. 3 shamans would be silly UNLESS one shaman is torpor tanking. So yeah, shaman+monk in certain ratios would make very successful groups.

Cecily
05-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Keep in mind, what's missing might be missing for a reason. Not many raids in the game you can't kill with monks, warriors, clerics, encs, shamans, wizards, and rogues.

Splorf22
05-03-2014, 12:51 PM

Every raiding guild is always looking for Bards, Wizards, Clerics, and Rogues.

If you want be good in groups, go Enchanter.

Argh
05-03-2014, 12:59 PM
Mages, Clerics, and Bards will be in high demand come velious.

Cecily
05-03-2014, 01:01 PM
Oh derp yeah, bards are kinda good.

Frug
05-03-2014, 06:50 PM
(end game dungeon)
There can never be too many..

warrior, cleric, enchanter, rogue, monk, shaman,

There is usually a shortage of..

mage, bard, wizard, rogue,

there are too many..

shaman, necro, druid, monk,

some stand ins are..

ranger, paladin, shadow knight

You've lost me.

Frug
05-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Mages, Clerics, and Bards will be in high demand come velious.

Why is that? I never made it to Velious (well, in any serious way) on live.

Clark
05-03-2014, 09:20 PM
Ench, Mage, Rogue, Hybrids.

Messianic
05-03-2014, 10:32 PM
The class of player which is missing are people who really love the class they play.

Cecily
05-03-2014, 10:59 PM
Heart my rogues.

pasi
05-04-2014, 02:35 AM
With Velious on the Horizon, mages.

You will have the worst role on a raid where you face a wall for hours, cast 1 spell and then immediately pitch the contents of that to the floor. Occasionally, you will cast another spell for players tardy to the party. You will do this so that someday you will be rewarded for your efforts with a piece of gear that will allow you to do cast this spell one or two times more an hour.

Murmus
05-04-2014, 02:49 AM
Pasi, that sounds beyond boring

Zuranthium
05-04-2014, 03:07 AM
That's classic EQ mechanics for you.

Velious is incredibly boring because of the huge resists and health of many of the monsters. You just sit there endlessly hacking away with your melee and doing C-heal chains.

pasi
05-04-2014, 03:14 AM
The thrill is in slaying dargons every day and being awarded pixels. There is nothing more satisfying than being able to cast 10 fireballs before going OOM while the filthy casuals can only cast 9 fireballs before having to sit their worthless asses down and watch your glorious 10th fireball.

innocent51
05-04-2014, 04:36 AM
Bards and Enchanters are both amazing solo, crazy good duo with almost all classes, top group synergies. Bard are much more desired on raiding guilds and enchanter more liked in groups (AoE groups).

Shaman are close to those with an emphasis on high end solo but there really are a LOTS on the server.

How what is "needed"? Well you know how EQ works, you need CC, Heal and tank for 6 man action. You may end up siting your butt for hours LFG on a cleric or on a warrior with no/bad solo abilities. They are needed, not rare.

On the "rare" you have knighs and rangers however hardly "needed".

Pure DPS (rogues and Zard) are "rare'ish" and "needed'ish".

So all in all, I think Bard is what you cannot go wrong with.

captnamazing
05-04-2014, 04:44 AM
i've always thought wow should have bard

Pyrocat
05-04-2014, 05:13 AM
More bards

webrunner5
05-04-2014, 11:35 AM
That's classic EQ mechanics for you.

Velious is incredibly boring because of the huge resists and health of many of the monsters. You just sit there endlessly hacking away with your melee and doing C-heal chains.

You are pretty close to right. Soloing in Velious is not a thing you should plan on if you have Diarrhea lol. You talk about poopsocking. :eek::eek:

Sorrow*qc
05-04-2014, 11:45 AM
there is way 2 many ench imo

webrunner5
05-04-2014, 12:02 PM
there is way 2 many ench imo

I would agree with that completely. But not many of them are very good at it. It is a pretty hard class to play WELL. But the few that are great at it are sure fun to group with. :p

Sorrow*qc
05-04-2014, 12:12 PM
blame the aoe for that lol